i am.

the moon, the stars and you.

i am.

I am a princess, of my country, before I am anything else.

When I was fifteen and rebellious I sneaked from the castle and into the forest upon my curiosity on what they called “The Forgotten”. It was, as I’ve heard, a group of men who claimed to be the real successor of our land. I was not sure what I expected to find there but as soon as I arrived I understood that what had waited me there was death. And there, I met death.

Death back then was a seventeen years old boy with a dagger in his hand and he was death because he had put the tip of his dagger on my neck. And as one drip of my blood fell, something weird happen; death let his grip on me go. To repay the death mercy we made a vow to meet each other every the end of the week. In a month, death became a boy as I knew named Baekhyun and I was no longer his prey; but his friend.

I completely forgot about my curiosity on “The Forgotten” as I was overwhelmed by the beautiful and exciting life of the forest that Baekhyun shown me. He told me what flowers and roots I could eat in the forest and what poisonous berry I should never even touch. He showed me his hiding place under the big tree where he had built a room to keep him save when the world was too big for his little self. He kissed me there for the first time on my seventeenth birthday then he told me, he is the prince of The Forgotten.

He was after all, like what he was the first time we met, death. But only then I knew, I had also been death for him just the same. That unlike me, he all this time had known that he fell in love with death.

We were young. He was arms and beating heart for me while I was skin and crying eyes for him. So we closed our eyes and ears then we hold onto each other.

When Baekhyun was twenty three he discovered his ministry had used him all along and realized that he had been a leader of bloodlust men. A part of him died that day. Every night, I woke up with chocked scream, begging for him to not kill his remaining part. First he said my fear was groundless then by time, he drew me for a plot; to burn the whole forest down along with his men.

“Let’s run away; you and me. We can go somewhere no one knows us. We can be Baekhyun and Suzy instead The Prince and The Princess.” I told him one night. The moonlight sneaked in from the window and hit his bare figure. All this time, I knew him as strong. That night, I watched every crack of him that barely pieced together.

“I am responsible of my men and their sin as you are responsible of your men and their future. I am a prince.., before I am yours,” he chocked there as he said it and cried. That was the first time I saw him crying. That was also the last time.

A week after that, when there was no moon in the sky, the battalion I led burned a forest and killed two hundreds traitor. I watched their leader died by a sword with my own eyes and every night as I dreamt of his death over and over again I told myself one exact sentence;

I am a princess, of my country, before I am anything else.

Fin


 

This will be the end of this drabble. I will have another drabble section next time.

Hint, this time the character will be Suzy and Kai. That is, if there’s no changes in the future.

Thank you so much for reading this one.

I am thankful for that.

Let's meet again someday. Find me where I'll be waiting for you.