I like you..no scratch that I love you

I'll Protect You

Jiyong's POV

When I first met her, what came to mind was that she is so pretty, probably one of the prettiest woman I've ever known. But that is just that, just admiration. That time, I was fully concentrated on my activities with Bigbang, sure I dated some girls but I was not really looking for the long time thing. We got closer as time passed by, I asked her to hang out more often with our mutual friends because I enjoy her company. My best friend, Youngbae noticed this and asked me if I like her more than as a friend. At that time, I know that she is already taken and it wouldn't be right to get in the way of her relationship. So I told my bestfriend, that no, I don't see her that way, she's just a friend. As those words came from my mouth, my heart beats faster in protest because deep inside I know that I do like her, maybe even more. I am just trying to convince myself against it because I know there is already someone who claimed her as his.  

 

After 3 months, I learned that she is single again and that it was a mutual breakup. Although, we don't hang out as much as before because of our busy schedules, I still feel the same for her. I pondered if I should pursue her, although my feelings are still the same, there had been a lot of changes when it comes to our celebrity status. I have gained quite a number of fangirls and she has a LOT of fanboys hovering over her, talk about competition. Besides that I thought about how it would be hard, having two celebrities date would really shake an entertainment industry, scandal is written all over it, and boom our careers might be over. But despite all these things, I decided, that I would confess to her and make her mine because this is it, this is the chance that I have been long waiting for. I would gladly take the risk despite the consequences, because I like her that much.

 

What did I like about her anyway? Hmm. I like how she laughs over the smallest things, her laugh gets so contagious. I like how she is easy to talk to, we can spend the whole day talking about anything under the sun. I like how she isn't like other girls who are overly conscious around me and trying to impress me, she is just simple and real to herself. I like how being a famous celebrity never gets to her head, she is so down to earth. I like how she gets me, most people don't. I actually think of myself as a complicated person, but she is the one who always understands me, she has this habit of seeing the good in people and I think that is the main reason why I fell for her.

 

I tried to meet her more often than before despite our tight schedules. I call her everyday just to know how her day has been and she asks me the same. I don't mind staying up late when I am on the phone with her, I feel like she just has the ability to recharge me even though it had been a long day. There had also been times when I a lot just wanting to see how she would react. Sometimes it gets out of hand, she gets mad and starts to be quiet, and  I panic even though I know she's not the type to hold grudges. I would woo her by singing out to her and she would be back to her cheerful self. We had been having a mutual understanding for a month like we are together but I wanted to make it official so I decided to confess to her.

 

"I don't know how it started but just this one day, I felt like wanting to see you all the time and be by your side. I miss you when we don't get to meet because of our busy schedules. I used to get jealous whenever you talk about your ex boyfriend. Yes, I have liked you since but I am only confessing now because at that time I thought that it was okay that you are not mine as long as you are happy. When I learned that you two broke up, I was so happy but then I felt sad and worried thinking that you are hurting. I told myself that this is my chance to make you mine but I don't want to be selfish. You just had a breakup and I would not want to pressure you. I asked you to hang out because I wanted you to feel happy so that you would not feel that you are alone, that you have me as a friend to lean on. But now I wanted you to know that I like you, no scratch that I love you. Will you be my girlfriend?"

A moment of silence passed and deep inside I am feeling nervous, for the first time ever I felt like I am going to pass out, this is much worst than my debut stage. I wanted to know her answer but I am willing to wait when she's ready.

"It's okay, you don't have to--" 

"Yes Jiyong, I would be your girlfriend."

I walked to her closing our distance and pulled her into my arms. I was so happy, I felt tears flowing my face, it was a good thing she couldn't see my face, she might break up with me when she sees her boyfriend cry like a baby. 

"Thank you, you don't know how much happy you made me." I told her, my voice seemed different from crying.

"Yah! Jiyong, are you crying?" She asked and started to pull her face away from my shoulders to get a better a look at my face.

"I just love you so much Sandara Park, and I can't contain my feelings any longer." I told her as I hugged her tighter and tried my best to hide my face wet from my tears.

 

A/N: Tada! Here's an update to my readers. Now you know who the girl is, of course it's Dara, I am afterall a daragon fan!  Sorry if it wasn't so much unexpected though, I am not sure if I can put as much twist and turns to this story as I intended this to be a one shot but who knows. Write your comments and thoughts and I might just get my inspiration.Thank you so much to my subscribers, you don't know how much happy I am that you are all tuning in to my story. Also special thanks to animeloveeer and scarletedo for commenting :) Cheerios! Annyeong! 'Til the next update.