Revelation Pt 1

I'll Protect You

Flashback:

Kwon Jiyong's POV:

"I have decided to tell them everything."

"Tell them what exactly?"

"Let the world know that Dara and I are dating. No more hiding." 

"Mwoh!?!!!!"

***

Author's POV

"I want people to know about us, hyung." Jiyong reiterated

"Are you crazy? Have you discussed this with Dara?" YG asked.

"Uhmm no but I have fully thought this through. I have even asked the opinion of our PR team. It's time."

"The picture that was sent to you the one where Kiko and I were kissing, it looks like someone is trying to ruin me. Not just me but other idols as well. Other idols' relationships have been exposed one by one and I think I'm next. I have to protect Dara no matter what." Jiyong continued.

"Jiyong, you do know that I support you with any decision you make but this does not only involved you but Dara as well. As a father figure to you, I suggest you talk this with her first, then let me know what you have agreed upon. I'll do whatever I can to help. Arrasso?"

"Deh. Hyung, I'll convince Dara. Thanks for understanding." Jiyong said.

***

After his talked with YG, Jiyong immediately called Dara to meet.

Dara was busy reading her script for her CF filming when she felt arms around her waist and a kiss in the cheek.

"I missed you." Jiyong whispered in to her ear.

"I missed you too, Ji." Dara replied and held Jiyong's hands.

Jiyong guided them to the couch and handed Dara the gifts he bought for her when he went abroad.

"Sorry babe, I know it's late but I have to explain. The pictur-"

"There's nothing to explain about Ji." Dara stopped him. Jiyong looked up and saw Dara smiling, reassuring him.

"But-but"

"I trust you, besides CL already told me about it."

"CL?" Jiyong asked.

"Well you know, Seungri does not keep anything from CL and CL does not keep anything from me. You know." Dara said.

"Yah! Are you and CL in a relationship behind my back?!"

"Kekeke" Dara can't help but laugh at her boyfriend's foolishness. But then she turned serious when he saw her boyfriend's gloomy face once again.

"It's all in the past, Ji. You don't have to feel bad about it everytime there is a scandal or rumor about her going on about. You have always made me know and feel where I stand and that's what matters."

"Have I told you how much I love you my very understanding and forgiving yeoja?" Jiyong asked Dara as he hugged her from the side, his chin resting on her shoulder.

"You may have told me that a million times but I'm still not tired from hearing it." Dara countered.

"I love you, Dara."

"I love you too Jiyong."

The two remained silent in awhile. Enjoying the presence of one another when Jiyong began to speak.

"I've been thinking...."

"hmm..."

"I think it's time we tell everyone about us."

"But I, we can't." Dara became startled. This has always been a sensitive topic for her.

"Waeyo?"

"You know it will not only be the two of us who is going to be affected if the public knows about us. How about 2ne1? How about Bigbang? Won't that be too selfish of us, Jiyong?"

"Babe..." Jiyong whined which cause Dara to hit him playfully in the arm. 

"Be serious Ji." Dara told him sternly, although she finds it cute when Jiyong baby talks to her, sometimes it can be a handful.

"I'm serious babe. I have even discussed this with YG. Bigbang, all of the members have different solo projects. And 2ne1 members as well. Each individual has already gained their own fan based. So, it wouldn't be our groups downfall when we reveal it."

"I have even talked with the company's PR team. I told them my plan and they said it's okay."

"Mwoh?! Everyone knows about this plan before I learn about it!" Dara felt surprised. Where is this idea of Jiyong coming from? She does know that her boyfriend had been itching to tell everyone that they are together. They have both expressed it through every couple item there is. Couple bracelet, socks, shirts, pants, berret, name it they have got it. But to go this far and blatantly announce it to the public. She can't help but think: Is her boyfriend going crazy?

"Mianhe, baby. It was supposed to be a surprised."

"Surprised?! You mean you were planning to reveal this by yourself even if I am also involved?" She feels disappointed that her boyfriend initially kept this from her.

"I know, it's wrong. YG hyung told me that I should ask you first and I thought he is right. Please don't be mad anymore. Hmm..." Jiyong pouted. He always does this when he wants something. How can she resist when he is using his charm like this.

"Fine. I'm not mad anymore." Dara pouted as well. But Jiyong suddenly pecked her lips and said:

"So you now agree that we should tell everyone?" 

"What? I did not say that. I just said I'm not mad anymore." 

"Dara." Jiyong started. She knows he is serious again. He always calls her Dara when he is going to say something important. So she just nodded her head urging him to continue.

"You do know that there are a lot of idols who have been recently caught dating with pictures of them together, right?"

She remained silent and nodded.

"These pictures came from one source only. He's planning to expose idols that are dating. He blackmailed the company to pay him a huge amount of money in exchange for the pictures that he took. However, what SM did not know is that even though they paid him, the negatives of the pictures were still kept by the reporter and he sold it to Dispatch."

"Tsk. Nappeun namja!" Dara can't help but expressed this thought. She can't helped but feel anger towards this reporter because she knows how idols feel and she's imagining what if she were in the position of some of the SNSD members.

"YG hyung. He received a picture of me and Kiko. 2 years ago, in the club, when we were kissing." Jiyong said, his head bowed down now for he was ashamed that he has to bring up this issue and remind Dara of this bitter past.

"Hyung paid him but later on he found out that this reporter was the one who exposed the dating scandals of the SNSD members. SM told him about it and now we are expecting a huge blow. We don't know when he will make his move. That is why I thought it's best to call a press conference and announce what is real. It is better if it came from either one of us directly."

"But then, you can always deny it right? I mean that picture was taken years ago."

"The picture was clear, Dara. Even though it happened two years ago, people would not believe our statement. Because I have denied ever dating her before but now a picture like this comes up." Jiyong breathed in a deep sigh.

"So you mean, the only option right now is tell them about us? Tell them that is has always been us who have been dating the past years and that the picture is just an incidence."

"The truth is..." Jiyong sighed again. "I don't even know if the reporter also has a picture of the two of us. Remember our picture taken in the AOMG party? Who knows if he exposes pictures like that."

"I'm not sure what the right thing to do is Dara but what I am sure is I will stand by you and I'll always put you first in my priority. I don't like to be paired with another woman. If I were to be caught in a scandal, of course I would want it to be with you. But if you are not yet ready, love, I will respect that."

"The decision is all yours, Dara."

Dara thought about it a lot. What would be the consequences of them making this big announcement. In fact, when the articles about Yoona and Seunggi and Tiffany and Nickhun have been released, she had already pondered if it was Jiyong and her. She read the comments about the two couples. Although there are hate comments, there have also been understanding and supportive fans as well. Maybe, it's also time to know who their real fans are, fans who will never leave despite anything. The careers of the parties involved are still stable and are even going well. SM and the other SNSD members have been supportive to them. She's confident that YG, an appa like figure to all of them, would always be on their side. The same goes for their friends, Bigbang and 2ne1. 

With this thought, Dara looked at him as she held both of his hands tightly and said...

"I'm ready, Jiyong. Whatever your plan is, I'll support you 100%. No matter what happens, we're in this together." 

A/N: Mianhe, mianhe. I know this update is way overdue. I hope it's length has made up for my long absence when it comes to this fanfic. The truth is I have been stucked with this story and suffered a writer's block, I mean I have an idea of what I want to happen next but I was not sure how to put it into writing. Most probably, the next chapter would be the last so stay tuned readers.  :)