#4: Funny

Looking Past the List

Chanyeol has long known that Wu Yifan, despite his cold demeanor and even colder words, is nothing but a dork at heart.

He found out about it first when he got his 19th birthday and every friend he knew gave him either just birthday wishes or presents. He was happy with anything, really; he's just a boy who's easy to be pleased. So he didn't expect anything from Yifan when the other guy came to him and really excited when he saw him giving a box-like present in the university canteen.

"Hyung, you really don't have to," Chanyeol held the present to his chest with ecstatic face, as if he just got a treasure. Yifan only smiled at him while rubbing his nape; he was shy. "Can I open it here? What is it inside?"

"No, please open it in your room," Yifan rushed to stuff the present into Chanyeol's postman bag. "I'm-- I'm shy."

"Aww hyung," Chanyeol grins widely. "Okay then, I'll definitely tell you when I already open it."

 

When the birthday boy opened the present inside his one-room dorm that late evening, he certainly didn't expect the present would be a boxer. And there was a card in it.

In the middle of mini mental breakdown of why Yifan hyung gave me a boxer, he opened the card whose cover was filled with doodles that suspiciously looked like flowers and butterflies. What greeted him immediately was not a letter of wishes, but instead a drawing of... Gollum.

 

10:05pm

Chanyeol-ah have you opened the present~?

 

10:06pm

I have. What a beautiful boxer, hyung. Thank you ^^

 

10:08pm

I also drew your face, I hope you like it >.<

 

Oh. So the Gollum was actually him. Now Chanyeol knew that Yifan's drawing skill was a bit extraordinary.

 

10:08pm

Thank you hyung :)

 

On the next day he showed Luhan, Yifan's friend, the card only to get laughter from the Chinese guy. "God," Luhan wiped a tear that was smarting from his eyes. "He's great."

Chanyeol only rolled his eyes and snatched back the card. The birthday wishes were actually sweet; wishing Chanyeol eternal happiness, long-lasting health, and success. Yifan also said that he "wanted to be your friend for a long time."

Chanyeol would be lying if he said he didn't blush when reading it.

"He didn't draw for just anyone, Chanyeol-ah," Luhan patted his shoulder. "He's been giving me cards with his drawings since the first birthday I knew him, and he always gives that to people he adores."

"He adores me?"

"Of course, why would he give you a present if you're not considered close by him?"

 

After years of being friends and being together, Chanyeol has witnessed Yifan sending his friends his drawings that he draws so seriously. Despite looking ambiguous, actually they like to receive the cards because they know Yifan makes extra effort to draw them. Even Kyungsoo thanked him when he got a disproportional owl on his card. "There is a character in his drawings," said Kyungsoo. "And though his skill matches a four year old kid's, it's actually unique."

 

But still, although Kyungsoo advised him to let Yifan draw freely so he can express his imagination, Chanyeol would certainly not allow his husband to draw the walls of their future child's room.

 


 

so i've been missing for... months. sorry this is not the real 'funny' side of yifan because for me yifan isn't really funny but rather unorthodox.

anyway the next chapters should be easier for me to write and i hope i can get them done soon. see you when i see you and thank you for reading.