#3: Athletic

Looking Past the List

Hey everyone, let's join Krisyeol Fanfiction Exchange the big party of our beloved ship! Don't be afraid and think that you can't write because everybody can :) See you guys there!


 

Weekends are usually spent by Yifan and Chanyeol with lazy makeouts, late lunches (they won't get out of the bed before the clock strikes noon) and evening dates. Their jobs take most of their attention on weekdays that they see their computer screens more often than their spouses, so at the end of the week they spend it with seeing each other-- to make up the lack of it; yes they're gross like that but hey what do you expect from a newlywed couple?

Although they've been living together since college and they would've been tired of each other had it been any other person they lived with. 

This Saturday, though, Yifan woke him up at 7 and when he went unresponsive, he was stripped down hauled to the bathroom only to be dumped into the bathtub. It was shocking, though, but Yifan only shushed him and washed him properly so he could feel refreshed and very much awaken. Still dumbfounded, Chanyeol let his husband dress him into his favorite tshirt and a pair of basketball shorts, and just after Yifan asked him which pair of basketball shoes he would like to wear he had his voice to ask the older man, "Hyung, where are we going and what are we going to do today?"

"You see," Yifan smiled, his face brightened in excitement as if Chanyeol was talking with a five year old who was going to the zoo for the first time. "I've been in the mood to play basketball and maybe today we can go for a basketball date?" He ended it with a question as if asking for Chanyeol's agreement, though he wouldn't go as far as begging him to accompany him into games. Having no ability to say no to Yifan's puppy eyes, he smiled and nodded.

And now he's kind of regretting it, as the sky suddenly cleared up and the sun shines so so brightly the heat stings his skin, he's sitting under the shadow of a big tree watching Yifan dribbling the basketball around the field.

At first he insisted to continue playing one on one but Yifan sat him down, "You're sweating heavily right now, baby, and I won't risk you faint here because bringing you to the car will be quite a feat." He finally relented after punching Yifan's chest softly, and now he enjoys the slight breeze blowing his drenched body.

Yifan used to be a basketball captain, as the older had told him and from the childhood pictures he had seen. If not because of an accident occurred to him he would've played for Canada national team. Chanyeol never says it out loud, not even after years of living together, that he likes to see his other significant playing basketball. There's something entirely interesting to watch as he dribbles the ball, changing his hand and bouncing it to the ground before pivoting and he dribbles again, taking two big steps before he jumps and loops the ball into the ring. He looks so graceful, so beautiful and sometimes Chanyeol wishes he could take pictures without the other one knowing because taking candid photos of his husband is one of his guilty pleasures.

 

Though, the sight of Yifan drenched in sweat and giving him his signature gummy smile is something he won't share to anyone in the whole world.