#2: Smart

Looking Past the List

posted as a late birthday present for dira, one of my first krisyeol shipper friends! i hope you like it :3

please excuse errors i haven't slept even for a wink due to terrible sugar rush haha


 

"Yifan hyung," Chanyeol called from his mini studio. "Hyung, can you come for a bit?"

"In a minute," came a muffled answer from outside followed by a constant pad on the wooden floor. A few seconds later the door was opened and the called person sat on an extra chair in the room. "What's up?"

"Uh, I don't really know how to begin this," the younger of the two grinned sheepishly before he ruffled his slightly long hair and sighed. "I'm... confused. To say the least."

"Okay," Yifan nodded, as if trying to understand Chanyeol's distress. "Tell me from the beginning, slowly. It's okay. I know you've been stressing out lately."

"Thank you, hyung," Chanyeol smiled a bit. "It's just. The new artist I've been assigned to is a fresh face. I'm making a single for his debut, considering that he's still new to the market and matching the public taste and all that jazz. But I won't make a song that's out of the singer's field. I asked him via E-mail asking for a few of his demo so that I can give him his single demo, but he answered me with..." His hands flailed in front of his PC, showing his lover the content of the mail received which filled with English, that looked like gibberish to the troubled Korean. He was currently working on a small but promising recording label, and as a rookie composer he was finally assigned by his senior to this new artist's debut single. He was never half-hearted to anything he did, hell, he even read the back of toothpaste boxes before he chose one, but he always felt helpless when it comes to langu. It happened a few times before even during university time since visiting professors always come and to his department, and he always got help from his friends. Now that he was a professional composer, it was a shame that he couldn't even being decent in a language other than his mother language.

The young musician expected his boyfriend to snort at him, or give a consolation at the best, but he definitely didn't expect Yifan to say, "Henry?"

"Uh, yeah," responded Chanyeol dumbly.

"God, I didn't know that he's finally debuting," the other guy in the room grinned as he clicked 'reply' and started to type an answer letter. "You said you want his demo songs, right? How about inviting him over this weekend so you guys can discuss it further? I can be the mediator if you want, that brat never study Korean properly as expected."

Chanyeol could only gape. "Wait-- hyung, you know him?"

"Hmm? Of course, there's a Canadian Students Association in our college, after all."

"B-but you said you and your mother live in Guangzhou!"

"Well, we are," Yifan grinned sheepishly. "But actually I hold Canadian nationality from my father."

Chanyeol groaned before butting his head to the desk because, God, his roommate, more especially his boyfriend never mentioned such important information to him. Then it downed on him how talented Yifan was, particularly in language field, which also helped him in his work in MICE industry. Not only that, he also had quite a taste in music that Chanyeol often asked him for opinion for his music assignments though he didn't know any musical term at all ("Lower the tempo in the bridge, no no a bit higher than that," "You can add hiphop-y beat in the intro maybe, for impressive opening?") and other talents the other guy might've never realized he had. Yifan was still busy typing the reply message when he sneaked his arms around the other's neck, nuzzling his nose to Yifan's neck. "Hyung," he purred.

Yifan only hummed as a response, but the younger guy knew he was content with the action. Chanyeol was actually a clingy lover, and he was thankful that Yifan didn't mind it at all. After clicking the 'send' button, Yifan turned around so Chanyeol could sit on his lap and kiss him. "What is it?"

"I don't know what to do without you, hyung," Chanyeol smiled, his lips were still ghosting on Yifan's, before he closed the minimal distance between them again. "You," a peck. "Don't know," a peck again. "How much," a peck again and Yifan grinned slightly. "I love you."

The older lover held Chanyeol's neck to kiss his lips fully, tongue tasting the inside of Chanyeol's cavern in slow manner. They liked it like that; slow yet passionate making outs were always the best. Chanyeol liked his boyfriend's other sides, too; protective but not overbearing, always honest to what he felt, and affectionate. That made every second he spent with him truly appreciated, and he didn't know if he could a better partner than him.

"Chanyeol-ah?" Yifan whispered to Chanyeol's ear; his voice was so soft and warm, reminding the other of melted chocolate and caramel.

"Hmm?"

"Will you marry me?"