Prologue - Letter from A Friend

Looking Past the List

...

Chanyeol-ah, this might be really absurd to you, but I’m only telling you and not anyone else. What do you see in Yifan? What kind of aspect of his life that makes you love him and decide that you’re ready to tie the knot with him? Can you elaborate it? Sorry if I sound rude and all, but it’s just out of my own curiosity. I might follow your path… but I have to be really sure, right?

Please refrain from telling anyone about my plan. I’m not ready enough for him…

I hope you enjoy your days, Chanyeol-ah. Please tell Yifan I say hi.

Your hyung,

Minseok

 

 

 

Chanyeol read the letter sent from friend for the second and third time before he refolded the paper and slipped it back into the envelope. Minseok liked the conventional letters. It was exciting for him to check the mailbox every day, wait for the postman, and open the envelope. He liked to see emotions dancing through penmanship of the sender, so Chanyeol complied and sent him actually letters instead of E-mails like what ordinary young people do.

“Should I make a list?” the young guy wondered. He opened his desk drawer, took out a notebook, placed it onto the table and chose his favorite pen. He started writing the title with decorated letter, knowing that his friend like to see beautiful fonts.  His thought immediately flew to the one he had vowed to in front of witnesses as his pen danced on the paper.

“My husband…”