Flashbacks and Secrets

Is this... Close Enough

soundbyte: I Love You - akdong musician

 

Jongin POV

"Annyeong~!... Annyeong~!... AnnyEeP!.. AnnBEEP! BEEP! BEEP!"

Wait, what is this. I slightly open my eyes, ahh it was the alarm clock. Such a waste, it was such a good dream too. I tried to look around, but I can't see nothing but pitch black darkness.

"BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!" wow this alarm clock is annoying more than ever.

I shut the alarm clock off and checked the time. It's 01:18 p.m. already, even I was surprised its been a while since i woke up this late. But why did I dream of that, it has been almost a year since then. I wonder if she thinks about it too, now that I remember it Jiyoung was so cute then she greeted me informally then added "haseyo" when she noticed it wasn't her KARA member who opened the door but me and she bowed two times too. Then she rushed and hugged Nicole, she was like a puppy who haven't seen her master in a while. I was so shocked then that I didn't even reply to her, all I did was bow and let her passed me. Wow I was such a dork then, well I couldn't help it, it was my first time seeing her that close, even though it wasn't my first time seeing her in person but all the other times I've seen her was either from behind a guard rail or in the audience seat and through a lens of a camera. Then I just signed the albums and the manager called us. I was so pissed back then, I really wanted to talk to her, I wanted to have a better first impression. She probably though I was rude, I sincerely do hope that's not the case. we'll in short I blew it, the all important first meeting. I've seen her a couple of times more after that in music festival and the year end shows. Even though I wanted to talk to her, I can't, I don't really know how to make the first move and plus all the times I see her she looks really busy and It would probably be weird just to approach her suddenly, I know ithese all sounds like I'm making excuses cause I am. I'm just too shy after all. I don't really have a lot of girl friends so I don't really know how to talk to one, plus it's Jiyoung, just thinking about it makes me real anxious. I know next time I'll probably ask Sulli sunbae to introduce us, It's probably better that way.

"Hyung? are you there" I softly said.

No one answered,

"Hyung!!" I shouted, still no reply.

Then I remembered It was our day off, well not all of us but mine, Yixing hyung and Baekhyun hyung. So i went outside and tried looking for two in their rooms but no one was there. Where did they go? I wondered. So I tried calling both of them but they didn't answer. I guess I'm all alone today, It's feels lonely.

"Growl~" I can hear my stomach.

I haven't had breakfast and lunch yet, so I went to the fridge to look for food. There's food in the fridge but nothing I really like. There's some bread in the table but I'm don't think that will satisfy me. Then I saw a bright yellow paper in the table. It has something written on it. It says... 

"Kai, Me and Baekhyun went to his grandmothers house, He said the air there was so fresh so we just decided to go. We tried to wake you up but you we're in deep sleep. and we though you needed the rest so we just left. haha. we'll back tomorrow. love yixing"

So that's where they went, I feel lonely being alone. Then i realized that I'm going to have the whole dorm all to myself for the rest of the day since the other hyungs schedule finishes till late.So I need to think a productive thing to do to spend the time. 

"Growl~" my stomach is getting louder. so I have to order some food first. I wondered what I should order.

"HAHAHA" I rolled on the floor laughing. "Of course!  it has to be chicken! it's going to be a fun day after all"

So I ordered a whole chicken from the restaurant and like usual it got here pretty quick. I opened the box and its like heaven. Heaven probably smells like chicken too.

So I started digging in these chicken, in a matter of minutes I finished it, 13min and 52 secs in fact. I timed it, it has to be a world record right?. So I'm feeling really proud of myself, I never really finished a whole chicken by myself. I feel too full though I can barely move. I think I'm gonna be in a food coma and my hands are all oily from the chicken the napkins is in the kitchen. I said to myself screw it, I'll just wipe it on my t-shirt. So I did and I took it off after I wipe my hand clean. It needs to be clean for the next thing I'm going to do and I'm getting excited for it. I went back inside my room and looked under the bed and took a shady looking shoe box from under my bed and opened it. 

"ahh. my precious" I softly said

I went back to the living room and turn the dvd player on. I went another quick look around the dorm to make sure there was no one here. I put the CD in and played it. and turned the volume to the highest setting it could be. I started sweating. 

"Wow. This is intense" I said to myself.

"KAI! KAI!"

someone called me. Was it from the TV? It can't be. Am I really having a food coma.

"KAI!"

I turned around and I see Tao looking at me. He was looking at me like as if I was some kind of a ert. I didn't hear him opened the door because the TV was so loud. Crap He knows my dirty little secret. I don't know how to explain this. So I turned the volume down and ready to explain myself.

"Kai" Tao said "Why are you while watching  KARA's music stages"

"It's not what you think" I replied "And I'm not I just don't have a T-shirt on!"

So I explained to him everything, from the chicken and my T-shirt, to revealing to him that I'm a KARA fan. I have to tell him everything cause if I didn't he'll just think I am a ert. At least now someone knows my love for KARA and I have someone to talk about to about them. But the fact that I'm in love with Jiyoung, I don't think I'm ready to tell Tao that just yet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jiyoung POV

I can't wait to see Sulli today. It's been a while since I last saw her, we've both been super busy. She was busy for her comebcak and I was busy with our Tokyo Dome concert. Although we saw each other in the year end concerts it was only for like a second. But I'm still glad we're not too busy to at least call each other every week. And today, we're gonna celebrate my birthday! But this traffic is not helping I just really want to see her. 

"Do we still have a long way to go oppa?" I said to my manager who was driving me.

"I'm afraid so." my manager replied

"But do you think we'll make it in time?" I asked

"I think so."

I'm feel sorry for making my manager work today cause I don't have a schedule today. I could have driven on my own today but It's my 20th birthday and today I'm legal to drink. Well its not like we decided to drink but if we did do I can't drive on my own. But this traffic really is bad, I really can't wait.

"Oppa can you play some music?" I requested

"Sure, What kind of music do you want?" 

"Just anything" 

Hello by SHINee started playing.

"YAH!Oppa! not that!" I screamed the moment I recognized the song

"hehe, why not, it's your Taemin's song" he teased

"You too? Oppa it's my birthday you can't tease me" I replied "Its not because of that! I'm just so tired of all SHINee song, you know how we always listen to that because of seungyeon unnie"

​he chuckled "you're right. hehe, seungyeon will always say how he doesn't like Jinki and she says she just like their songs."

"See, I bet your tired of it too. and Taemin and I are just friends"

"Okay I'll change it."

(What is love by EXO started playing. )

A familiar song started playing. "Oppa what song was this again?" I asked

"I don't know the title of the song but it's by EXO I think" he replied

"Can you hand me the case Oppa. please" I asked cutely

"I think it's there beside you, All the CD cases are there in a black box"

So I looked down beside my seat and it was there, the box with the CD cases. I took the EXO case out and started reading. So i found out that the title was "What is Love". Its really good, they became so popular really fast. I envy them. I continued looking at it and reached the page where they signed. They have cute signatures I said to myself especially DO. KAI's signature and handwriting is pretty plain and he also wrote here "To my pretty sunbaes, Please Take Care of me. Jongin"

"Jo.. Jongin?" I blurted out

So i guess that's his real name. Wow they have the same name, For a while I thought that Jongin was a pretty rare name. Well I guess I was wrong, cause obviously its not the same person. Speaking of which I haven't receive a letter from that fan for almost a year now. I wondered what happened to him. I really enjoyed his letter every time. He probably became a fan of another group, probably Two X. and a fan of Eunyoung, now that's a pretty girl even I like her. We'll to bad, his letters will be missed.

Then my mind, on its own decided to remember the day I met Kai. I was just going to pick up Nicole unnie and Hara unnie so we could have dinner together. For a split second I thought Taemin was the one who opened the door that's why I said hello informally then I realized it wasn't him. He probably think I was weird and rude, well there goes another "could-be-fan". Was I really rude back then, cause after that I just rushed Nicole cause I was really embarrassed and never even looked back at him again. I don't even remember bowing to him. I was going to ask him give me copy of their CD but I was still embarassed. Well I did glanced at him when they we're leaving the room. I though he look pretty cool wearing those sparkling stage outfits. He's pretty tall too. After they left the room Hara asked me what I thought about Kai and my opinions whether I think he looks like Taemin. I said to them I don't think they look a like at all, maybe just a little but Kai is way more cooler. In a way I thought If i say that he was cooler they we're going to stop teasing me about Taemin. Of course I was wrong, But if I think about it what I said was true. I should have known better that they won't stop teasing me, and now they tease me to Kai too. I hope I could meet him again and clear all the misunderstanding and find out if he has a good sense of humor.

"Jiyoung we're here!" my manager said

Okay no more of that time to have fun. It's my birthday after all. I went in the restaurant and to my surprise Suzy and Sohyun was there too. I'm really grateful I have such great friends.

 

 

my notes:

just when you guys thought  that  jing and kai will become close after they meet. i had to pull a fast one on you and made it a flash back of nothing really. sorry i thought it was too soon..lol me and my eunyong shout outs. hope you guys like this one. jiyoung and his love for guys with a good sense of humor. ONYEON shout out too. next chapter will be the important turning point of the story, i think hope you stay up to date. anyone need a side story some sort of palate cleanser??