Fans and Letters

Is this... Close Enough

soundbyte: superstar by taeyang

 

"Jiyoungie~!" a girl shouting from outside the room. 
"I knew it was you! you're first here in the mail room again" said Nicole looking at her with judgemental eyes

Caught in the act, Jiyoung had no choice but to acknowledge it and just smiled cutely at her unnie as if she was telling her to pardon her crimes. during which a letter that jiyoung was holding caught nicole's eyes.

"Aha!" Nicole blurted out. "Again!? another fan letter from that creepy guy." pointing to the familiar type of stationary Nicole often sees Jiyoung reading

Jiyoung immediately hides the letter and puts it on her bag. Yes, it was a fan letter from some guy Jiyoung don't even know. who writes as if he was Jiyoung's boyfriend that's why all the unnies about it. But she doesn't really mind them that much, because to Jiyoung, this guy and his letters were her little joys and was once helped her when she was facing a really difficult time during her career.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jiyoung wasn't like that before, Although she reads her fan mails diligently. But she wasn't one who really looks forward to it every time. Then it happened, It was Feb 2011. News of Jiyoung, Seungyeon and Nicole filing a lawsuit against DSP media. It was all over the newspapers, TV and internet. It was right at the time when KARA was being recognized as a top foreign group in Japan. So the netizens didn't pass up the opportunity to try and bring them down. Malicious comments were more hurtful than it used to be, not only directing it to the members of KARA but to their parents as well. Being a close family, Jiyoung was really affected at that time and was always down. It was a fairly regular day, Jiyoung was in the mail room just reading some of her mails from the fans. But this one particular package stood out. It was medium in size, nicely wrapped in a white paper that had small printed letters,  almost like a newspaper, shaped liked a box.

Jiyoung picked it up, and started ripping the paper, as if releasing her stress while trying to open the box. Inside the box was a small stationary which was definitely too small to be packaged in such a big box. Jing started reading the letter.

after reading it Jiyoung picked up the pieces of shredded wrapper and tried reading what's written on it. To her suprise it was full of negative comments about her. After she realized what she did. She felt very relieved and somehow relaxed as if all her stress went away in an instant. She felt very grateful to that unknown fan and from then on she always looks forward every month to read the letter in that now becoming a familiar stationary.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So after reading that fan mail today she felt really happy and no matter how much Nicole teases her about it or anyone who tries to bring her mood down today will have no affect on her as if that piece of letter was like a candy and she was a kid who loves sweets. 

But little did she know that, that letter was going to be the last one she will ever receive.

then they heard a familiar voice calling them from a distance. "Nicole! Jiyoung! it's time to go" 

it was Gyuri. they rushed out the room and went to Gyuri who was with Hara and Seungyeon. 

"Okay! everyone to the car, our manager is waiting already to bring us to our schedules." Gyuri ordered to the other members

During the ride, Nicole was wearing her earphones and gesturing some steps of the song she was listening to. Gyuri was looking at the mirror like the yeoshin she truly is. Jiyoug holding on her hand her favorite drink, milk. While Seungyeon and Hara are chatting away and giggling at the same time.

"Jiyoug-ah! What do you think about EXO" Hara suddenly asked Jiyoung

facing away from hara "EXO?. what is an EXO? is that a food?" Jiyoung replied.

Ofcourse Jiyoung knows about EXO, the new group from SM Entertainment who is set to debut tomorrow. They were hailed to be the new Super Junior. Jiyoung didn't know why she pretended to not know about it. She just doesn't want to spoil the letter she just received by talking about boys. Hara caught on that obvious lie.

Hara said "I think Sehun is very good looking and dances pretty good too"

"For me, I think D.O. is much cuter plus i heard that he sings pretty well" Seungyeon said.

Hara noticed that Jiyoung keeps inching closer as if trying to eavesdrop on what they were talking about.

"What about KAI? he's cute too right? unnie?" Hara said loudly to let Jiyoung hear.

to which seungyeon also loudly replied "I thinks so too. but doesn't he look like Shinee's Taemin a lot? Right? Jiyoung-ie?"

Jiyoung was so startled that she drop her milk on the car floor. Hara and Seungyeon laughed at her and with Taemin.

"look at our cute maknae, being startled just by mentioning a guy's name, you're really cute" Hara jokingly said.

"it's not funny" Jiyoung pouted at the unnies.

"okay, we won't tease you no more... If, you tell us who you like more. Taemin or Kai?" 

"hmmph, I like... I like Gyuri omma the best!!" Jiyoung said.

"ahh as expected I only have Jiyoung" Gyuri butted in.

And just like that they arrived to their schedule ready to do their best.

 

didn't know how to end this. was it to short of a chapter? or too long? Jongin side of story on next chapter!