Youngbae's Story; Be my girl

Last.. Goodbye

A/N Story written based on Alternate ending. Just so you wouldn't get confused as to why Tabi is still around despite being dead~ hehe~

Everyone knows Youngbae never had a girlfriend, but that does not mean he was never in love. He once had a huge crush on a girl in his class during the high school, but because of his lack of courage and insecurities, he never gave the relationship a chance to blossom.

She was one of the Queenka in the school, surrounded by suitors and other Kingkas, Youngbae never had a chance near her. Youngbae during high school was well, kind of different from the Taeyang in Big Bang now. He was a shy, quiet and reserved boy.

He knew that he would never have a chance to even talk to him if he was just, well, him. So he took up dancing, devoting most of his time to it, in hope that she would just take a look at him. He soon became one of the hot topics in school. He was the ‘YG Trainee’, the ‘Dancing machine’. His position in school grew from just a boy to a boy everyone envied, but still she never looked at him.

Eventually, he gave her up. Devoting most of his time to dancing, he danced to get her out of his mind. As time passed, Big bang was formed and debuted, he became Taeyang; the guy whom guys envied and girls wish had him. He never said anything about that girl anymore. He fooled everyone into thinking he had forgotten about her, even Jiyong, his childhood friend was deceived.

But the truth is, every song Youngbae sang, every dance he chorography, he did it thinking of her. She was his inspiration and motivation all these years. All he wanted was her to recognize him. He did not want her to see him as Taeyang of Big Bang, but as Dong Youngbae, the boy who crushed on her ever since he saw her.

“AHHH!!” Youngbae fell onto the floor, clutching onto his right arm.

“OMO!” The other boys ran to his side.

“Youngbae-ah, kwenchana!? Where hurts!?” The worried leader asked while Seunghyun supported him up.

“My arm.. I..” He was in so much pain he could not say anything.

“I’ll call Manager hyung. Maknae! Get ice!” Daesung yelled.

Seungri ran out of the studio as fast as he could. Jiyong and Seunghyun stayed by his side. Jiyong looked at him with obvious worry in his eyes.

“What were you day dreaming about?!” He scolded out of worry.

“Yah Jiyong.. This isn’t the time..” Seunghyun frowned.

“I’m sorry..” Jiyong apologized, staring at Youngbae’s now swollen arm.

“It looks bad..” He mumbled.

“I’m fine.. No worries..” He smiled at the two.

“I’ll take him to the hospital, I’ll get someone to send you guys home.” Their manager said, staring at his arm.

“I’m coming..” Jiyong suddenly said.

“Jiyong ah~ You know it’s..” Their manager did not have a chance to finish.

“I’m their leader, their welfare is my responsibility!” He yelled.

Everyone in the room was silent.

“Jiyong, I’m fine..” Youngbae assured him.

“NO! I SAID, I’M COMING!” Jiyong shouted.

“OKAY THEN GO! ARE WE GOING TO WAIT TILL YOUNGBAE FAINTS FROM THE PAIN!?” Seunghyun suddenly exploded.

“Sorry Hyung.. Let’s go..” Jiyong held Youngbae’s hand as they rushed to the hospital.

“Hyung.. Don’t be angry..” Daesung said in fear, lightly poking Seunghyun’s arm.

“I’m not.” Seunghyun smiled widely.

“If I did not shout, no one would move, right? Come on, let’s go home.” He stood up, smiling to himself, leaving the two maknae dumbfounded.

*AT THE HOSPITAL*

Jiyong was texting his girlfriend while waiting for Youngbae outside. Their manager was away, trying to get the media settled.

“Jiyong ah~” Youngbae walked out with a cast on his arm.

“Gosh... Does it still hurt?” Jiyong stared at the white cast.

“Better..” He sat down beside Jiyong, staring into space.

“Yah, Dong Youngbae, what is wrong?” Jiyong looked at him with concern written all over his face.

“Jiyong, do you remember _____?” He covered his face.

“_____? OH THAT HIGH SCHOOL CRU-...” Youngbae covered his mouth, locking him at his neck.

“Jiyong ah~ You want a mic?” Youngbae hissed.

“Aniyo.. Sorry..” Jiyong mumbled.

Youngbae let go of him and sighed.

“Dong Youngbae-sshi, this way to the wards please.” A nurse pointed to the corner.

“Wards??” Jiyong look at him.

“What wards?” Youngbae asked the nurse.

“Urm.. Because you are running a fever, that’s why we need you to stay here for observation in case of any inflammation.” She explained.

“Oh.. Urm.. Okay..” The both of them followed the nurse, trying very hard to ignore the giggles and stares coming from everyone around them.

Youngbae got settled in. It was getting late, therefore Jiyong and the manager left so he could rest. Lying on the bed alone in the cold room, Youngbae started thinking about just now.

“Does she recognize me as Taeyang or as Youngbae?” He asked himself.

Many questions went through his mind until he gradually fell asleep. No doubt, he was thinking about her just now before the accident. He got distracted and tripped over his own foot, causing himself to fall to the ground, thus breaking his arm. But then again, maybe it was fate?

The next morning, Youngbae opened his eyes slowly when he felt someone touching him. His eyes widen and he almost spit when he saw who was in front of him.

“Good morning Youngbae-sshi, I did not mean to wake you.” The doctor smiled at him.

“Ahh no.. It’s.. It’s.. It’s okay..” He found himself stuttering.

She just smiled and continue checking on him.

“How are you feeling? Seems like your fever is still around? Have you been stressed lately?” She asked him in a soft, gentle voice which sent butterflies into his stomach.

“Urm.. I guess.. Haha.. This period is usually like this..” He answered, trying not to show the slightest bit of nervousness.

“I see.. Then take this time to rest well.. I’ll see you again later in the day..” She smiled as she walked out.

A woman and two kids came in the moment she opened the door.

“APPA!!! DOES IT HURT!?” The two kids climbed onto the bed, clinging onto him.

“Yah yah~ What did I say about not hurting him further? Off the bed you two rascals!” The woman said to the kids.

“It’s okay, let them be. It’s better with them around..” He cuddled them.

‘So he got married already... I see..’

Youngbae was never alone in the room, in fact, his room was one of the liveliest one in the ward. Nurses would do anything just to catch a glimpse of him. To be honest, he did not even look as if he was unwell. He was smiling all the time. The Big Bang boys would come in the evening, after their practice, and they would usually gather for dinner there.

Still, Youngbae felt as if something was missing. She never came any more, another male doctor who took her place. Every time the door opened, Youngbae wished it was her.

“Yah Youngbae, what’s with that face? Am I irritating you too much? Should I leave?” Jiyong asked when he noticed Youngbae’s bored face. He was alone that day.

“No.. Just bored. Where are the others?”

“Oh.. Seunghyun went back to be a maid because apparently his wife wanted the night out. Seungri... Where did he say he was going? I don’t know.. Daesung is downstairs..”

“I see..”

“YAH YOUNGBAE!! STOP WITH THE EMOTIONLESS FACE!” Jiyong slap his friend on the back.

“OWW!! AISH!!! JIYONG!!! I...”

“Wae?”

“I saw her...”

“Who is her?”

“You know... _____~”

“OMO WHERE!?”

“JIYONG AH! Do you want a mic!?”

“Ahh sorry.. Just excited for you! GO GO!! GET HER!”

“GET HER!? Jiyong, we are not talking about some vegetables in the market.. And, don’t make her sound so cheap please.. Get her..”

“Sorry.. Ahh Youngbae! But wait, you still have feelings for her!?”

“I never stopped..”

“Are you.. serious..”

“Do I look like I am kidding?”

“No.. HAHAHA!! OMO YOUNGBAE AH!!” Jiyong hugged him suddenly.

The door opened.

“GROUP HUG!? WHY AM I NOT INCLUDED!?” Daesung crash his body into his Hyungs, squeezing himself in between them, totally ignoring the fact that Youngbae’s arm was in fact still in the process of healing.

“Ouch.. Ouch.. OUCH!!” The two jumped off at the tone of Youngbae’s voice.

“My arm..” He whined.

“Sorry Hyung..” Daesung said.

“So Youngbae, what are you going to do?” Jiyong was smiling like a proud parent.

“Do what? Hyung, do what?” Daesung asked like a curious kid.

“I.. I don’t know.. I don’t know!!” He covered the blanket over his head.

“Jiyong Hyung, do what?” Daesung asked for the second time.

Jiyong whispered something into Daesung’s ear.

“HYUNG YOU SAW YOUR HIGH SCHOOL CRU- MMM!!!!” Daesung was covered by a blanket even before he could finish.

“Shut up Daesung, do you want a mic?” Jiyong asked him.

“That’s my sentence Jiyong ah~” Youngbae said, still covering Daesung.

“I’m suffocating!! HYUNG!!!” Daesung wailed.

“But Youngbae, why is she in the hospital? Is she.. sick?” Jiyong bit his bottom lip, preparing for the worst.

“She attended to me that day..”

“Oh.. I see. Wait.. SHE’S A DOCTOR!?”

“Apparently...”

“WOAH! I never expected that..”

“Do I look like I did?”

“Hyung... Daesung is dying....”

“Omo Dae, sorry I forgot..” Youngbae released him.

"Hyung, YOU HAVE OUR SUPPORT!!!” Daesung pat his back, showing them his signature smile.

“Do it Youngbae. Just do it. Even if you fail, at least you tried.” Jiyong assured his buddy.

“But she isn’t coming anymore.. I don’t know why..”

“Dong Youngbae, you have legs, don’t you? If she doesn’t come, you freaking go! What? Just because you are Taeyang of Big Bang you expect her to come to you? Hell no!” Jiyong scolded.

“I know! And I never meant it that way, you know I would never think this way!”

Daesung was in the middle, looking at his Hyungs argue, his head turning left and right.

“I don’t know.. What if she doesn’t like me?”

“Youngbae ah~ I have never seen anyone as devoted as you before. Seriously, it’s been freaking almost 10 years!”

“What if she is attached? Or, married!”

“Then you move on. But if you never try, you’ll just carry on writing songs about her, and she’ll never know!”

“Okay okay..”

“Yah.. Think about it.. We’re leaving yea, rest well..” Jiyong grabbed Daesung and dragged him out.

That night, Youngbae could not sleep. He kept thinking about her. Since he could not sleep, he thought he would just go out for a walk. He walked out into the garden, enjoying the cold breeze. He spotted a familiar figure sitting alone at the swing. He recognized her from far. He felt his cheeks burn up when her eyes landed on him. He tried to look away, but he made it too obvious.

“Youngbae, you can do it! Be a freaking man~” He mumbled to himself.

He walked up to her. He felt his beating so fast he thought he worried he would get a heart attack.

“H...Hi... Haha..” He smiled at her. He mentally smacked himself for showing such a wide smile which made him look like a donkey on crack.

“Hi..” She replied, but with a hint of hesitation.

“Can I.. sit here?” He pointed at the empty swing beside her.

“I don’t own it, so.. Sit..”

They sat in awkward silence for what seemed like years to Youngbae. He finally found his voice and courage to break the silence.

“Do you.... know me?” He asked, but regretted because it sounded stupid.

“Hahaha~ Taeyang of Big Bang, I would be mopped by your VIPs if I didn’t know..” There was a hint of sarcasm in her answer which made Youngbae feel uneasy.

“I did not meant it this way...” He said softly.

“Really?” She scoff at him, which made him kind of angry, but he controlled it.

“I meant, do you recognize me?”

“TAEYANG RIGHT! I KNOW! DAMN IT HOW MANY TIMES MUST YOU ASK!?” He was surprised at her tone of voice.

She rolled her eyes at him and got off the swing.

“YAH!” He shouted.

“I MEANT TO ASK IF YOU RECOGNIZE ME AS DONG YOUNGBAE!” He clenched his fist.

She turn around to face him.

“And so what if I did? What difference would it make?”

“What?”

“SO WHAT IF I DID RECOGNIZE YOU AS DONG YOUNGBAE! WHAT DIFFERENCE WOULD IT MAKE!?”

“A HUGE DIFFERENCE!”

The two were yelling at each other in the middle of the empty park.

“Seriously, Youngbae, leave me alone. You are famous and have love from everywhere, why are you doing this!?”

“What am I doing!?”

“Trying to flirt with me! It is wrong!”

“I am.. WHAT!? I’m flirting!?”

“You can flirt with every girl on the street, I don’t really care! I just don’t see myself as a third wheel, as a home wreaker, so please, stay away from me!”

“Home wrecker? Honestly _____ sshi, what the hell are you saying?” He grabbed her arm but she pushed him away, causing him to fall back, hitting his injured arm against the pole.

“Oww......” He hugged his arm in pain.

“Omo! I’m sorry! I.. I.. I did not mean it.. I.. Let me see..” She rushed to his side, inspecting his wound.

“Does it hurt a lot?” She asked but not looking at her.

“I’m fine. Hey look, what are you talking about?” He pulled his arm away from her.

“It’s nothing..”

“Tell me for God’s sake..”

“Why do you even want to know!?”

“Because I have the rights to? If it’s concerning me?”

“Okay, look. I had a crush on you during our high school days. I let go of it after we graduated. Then when I met you again, the feelings came back. Okay? Satisfied with my answer? Now, put that behind you and forget about it because I am going to move on with my life. You have a beautiful wife and two wonderful kids Youngbae sshi, treasure whatever you have, please.”

“I what? I have a wife? I have two kids!?” Youngbae almost choked.

“Yes, so please.. Stop it.. I saw them that day.. You’ve got a wonderful family.” She got up and left.

“YAH! _____ sshi~” He caught up with her.

“Listen well, I have two kids, that is true, but they aren’t mine..”

“Youngbae sshi~ They called you Appa..”

“Umma..”

“Eh?”

“Umma.. I called you Umma, so does it make you my mother?”

“What?”

“Exactly. WHAT!?”

“Look, they are my godchildren. It’s only normal for them to call me Appa, isn’t it? Want to know a secret? That pair of twins have five fathers.”

Her jaws literally dropped.

“They are Seunghyun Hyung’s children! Goodness, how long have you been away from Korea? Don’t you ever, ever read the news!?”

She felt so embarrass for her outburst. Now her secret was out, she did not know where to hide.

“So... I heard someone had a crush on me since High School? The Queenka?” He couldn’t help giggling.

“Yah, stop it okay. Just.. Forget it!” She walked away, covering her red cheeks in embarrassment.

“Oui! What if I say we try it out? Be my girl, please?” He appeared in front of her.

“Don’t do that out of pity!” She pushed him away.

“PITY!? I NEED A GIRL, ONLY LOOK AT ME, I’LL BE THERE, WEDDING DRESS! I wrote all these thinking about you! How could you say I am doing this out of pity!?” He exploded.

“What?”

“Right! I like you, ever since the first time I saw you! But how could I approach you~ You were the Queenka, while I was Dong Youngbae. I tried to change, I took up dancing in hope you’ll look at me. But you never did.. You never did..” He did not know how he managed to say all these.

“How could you say I am pitying you...” His voice was almost as soft as a whisper.

A wide smile flashed across her face.

“Okay..”

“Huh?”

“Okay, figure it out yourself. Now, go back to your room!” She happily skipped away, leaving him standing in the middle of the open field.

He was discharged two days later but he was advised not to use any strength on his arm as it wasn’t fully healed yet and that he had to go back to the hospital every two weeks to have his arm checked.

He was practicing his dance steps in the studio when he heard the door open. He stopped and turned around. He froze, not knowing where to hide.

“Dong Youngbae, are you taking your doctor’s words lightly?” The person went closer to him and gave him a flick on his forehead.

“Oww... Abuse....” He whined.

“I said no dancing right? What if you break your arm again!?”

“I was just practicing my dance steps.. I never used my arm at all~” He protested.

“Whatever it is! You should be resting!”

“Aww.. Controlling me already? Hahaha..”

“Is it wrong!?”

“No.. You’re absolutely right!” He sat down. She took a towel and wiped the sweat of his face.

“Have you eaten?” She asked him.

“No..”

“I knew it! When will you ever learn to take care of yourself?”

“Why do I need to do it when I have you?”

“Aish!! Tell me again why did I agree to be your girlfriend?”

“Let’s see... Urm... Because someone had a crush on me since high school? And someone kind of mistaken me for having a FAMILY with TWO kids...” He shut up when he found her glaring at him.

“I’m sorry. You agreed to be my girl because I begged you to do so..”

“That’s better..” She smiled, handing him a sandwich.

“Can I ask you something?” She suddenly said.

“Hmm?” His cheeks were puffed because of the food.

“How long?”

“What?” His voice was unclear because of the food, but she heard him still.

“How long... Have you... Liked me..”

“Since the day I met you!”

“AISH DON’T TALK WITH YOUR MOUTH FULL!”

“BUT YOU ASKED!!”

“STILL TALKING!?”

He swallowed his food.

“My turn.. How about you?”

“Not saying..”

“UNFAIR!”

“OKAY! Urm.. Let’s see.. The second last year?”

“So before that you never noticed me?”

“What makes you think so?”

“Just asking...”

“Am I really.. your.. first?”

Youngbae’s cheeks turned dark red. He nodded, avoiding her eyes. She laughed out loud.

“What... I know I am inexperienced and all but...”

“I get it I get it..” She pat his head.

“So... Those songs.. You really wrote them for me?”

“Yea..”

“Sing for me?”

“Now?”

“Is there something wrong?”

“No.. Just.. Hahaa.. Awkward.. Those songs don’t suit now..”

“Sing one that suits then..”

Youngbae cleared his throat.

“Jibe kajima baby~”

“YAH!!” She slap his thigh as she laughed.

“This is GD&TOP’s!”

“What’s wrong?! Is it not a song!?”

“Okay continue..”

He continued singing while leaning close to her. Their faces were inches apart, both of them had dark red cheeks by now.

‘Be a man, be a man!’Youngbae thought to himself

She shut her eyes, knowing what his next move was. He lean in closer, brushing her lips with his. He held onto her waist, nibbling softly on her lower lip to ask for permission. She opened bit by bit, allowing him to gain entry. Their soft peck turned into a passionate kiss. He hugged her close to him, kissing her deeply. Then, the door had to open.

“Youngbae-ah~ I.. OMO I’M SO SORRY!!” Seunghyun quickly covered the eyes of Hyun Ae and Seung Joong, pulling them out.

“Appa! What is Appa Youngbae doing? Why is he touching the pretty noona?” Seung Joong asked innocently.

“Nothing, nothing.. Let’s go..” Seunghyun pulled the two kids out. He kept bowing in apology to the couple. His face was as red as theirs.

Youngbae look at _____ and they both started laughing awkwardly while Seunghyun was left to deal with his own embarrassment of disturbing his friend’s kiss as well as two curious children who was bombarding him with questions he could not seem to answer.

“Cute.. The kids.. And Seunghyun sshi~ His face was so.. epic..” She said.

“I know. He must be on the verge of dying now. His kids are, for some reason, extremely curious..”

“Hahaha.. It’s cute..”

“So.. Do you.. You know.. Want some.. urm.. Kids.. too?”

“DONG YOUNGBAE!!”

“KIDDING KIDDING!! CHILL!!”

He laughed as he pulled her into his arms. After so many years, she was finally his girl. His first and only girl, he was sure.

"But I think you'll make a good father.."

"Really? Then.. Shall we?"

"No.."

"Why?!"

"Youngbae.."

"Okay, I get it. Sorry.."

"That's my boy.."