Who is he to you?

The Amused and the Baffled

It was finally Saturday afternoon, as you sipped on your iced latte in the campus cafe. You were waiting on Juno, your freshman year hallmate, turned apartment building mate. At 5'11, with dark hair, and crisp clothes, you had at first mistaken him for a model. In fact the more you hung out with him, you were surprised why he wasn't already being whisked away by Giorgio Armani and Freiknock. For a moderately quiet personality, he a had a large presence. Well he definitely wasn't quiet around you at least -- if someone could match your talkativeness, it was definitely Juno. As an international studies major, Juno had the opportunity to take classes twice abroad -- once in South America and in Japan. Whenever you had a rough day, he would have a crazy tale to tell that would somehow lift your spirits up and make you laugh like a giggling pig. Needless to say, you were one lucky friend.

"Hey, you already ordered something?", asked Juno as he walks up to you in the cafe.

"You took 30 minutes, and I was hungry.. sorry :d", you replied, to which he feigned a pout.

"Har har, now tell me what did you call me up for? I thought you had a few projects coming up?", you asked.

"I'm glad you're glad to see me too *smirk*. I actually needed your help for one of the projects i'm working on. We're filming a travel infomercial for a particular country, but I, nor any of my team members, have any experience with using video editing software. I remember you showed me a couple of videos that you made for your cousin's birthday and wedding, and thought you might be free to help."

"Okay, I'm down, but what do I get," you twirl your hair innocently. It was basically a trap, since whenever Juno had asked you for a favor, it was usually a meal out. Now if it were just late night Taco Bell or 2 am donuts, a normal person wouldn't mind. But for you, a meal out entitled close to a 2 course meal. The last time Juno treated you out, you ate three servings of KBBQ and then went out for cake and patbingsu in the city. Juno had emptied out a one week's worth of meals during that outing -- and it seemed like that was going to happen again this time around.

"I know what you're thinking, haha, but okay I'll treat you out. But I have a $50 limit this time okay?", he replied. You beamed at his response, and shook your head like a puppy.

"Okay when do we all meet up?", you asked.

 

Flashforward 1 week later to the group meeting

"Hey guys, this is my hall mate, _____!", said Juno. As you entered the room you were greeted by five faces. The group had already filmed the first half of the infomercial, so you spent some time discussing the transitions and editing with two of the team members, while Juno and the rest worked on filming the second half. Two hours had passed by, when you presented them with the edited first half. 

"Hey _____, do you mind saving the first half on a USB drive? Our script writer is running a little late today, and I dont want you to have to stay behind any longer -- it's getting pretty late and we still have another hour of filming to wrap up," asked Juno. 

"Yeah no problem, i'll give you my USB and you can just return it to me later," you replied. In that moment, the a tall student had run over to the group, hastily exchanging some words that you couldn't make out. You quickly plugged in your USB, and saved the file. As you handed it over to Juno, the tall student came over, just as you turned around to pack your things away. 

"Hey Juno, thanks for starting without me. Like I mentioned before, we had a guest speaker today, so lecture ran 30 minutes late," he said. You weren't really paying attention, until you turned around with your backpack over your shoulder to say good bye to Juno. 

"Kay Juno I'm heading out n..", you abruptly ended. If you could have slapped your face, to bring yourself back to reality, you would have. As you turned around you realized that the tall student was Ren. 

"Hey ____ this is our script writer, Ren," said Juno cheerily. You couldn't reply, your mouth had gone dry and you started contemplating your method of escape. 

Shoot why does this guy keep showing up? What were the freaking odds that he would be in Juno's group ~ just having to see his face again is arghhhh 

It felt like a few minutes had passed, as you couldn't stop yourself from standing unusually still, swiftly looking back and forth from Ren's face to the wall behind him. You muttered something incoherent and swiftly grabbed Juno's arm pulling him aside. 

"Juno, I need to go right now. I'll explain later why I'm acting funny, but for now just let the group members know I said goodbye and I'll see you guys next week," you said. 

"Hey hey whats going on? Why did you suddenly flip a switch?", asked Juno. 

"Nothing, its nothing. I'll explain it later. Just I gotta go right now," you replied. All the while you didn't realize that you attention was still back and forth on Ren, who was currently smirking while he set up his computer on the table. Juno was following your gaze however, and noticed your strange set of expressions. He couldn't help but feel curious. 

"Hey ____, why do you keep looking at Ren? I noticed that when he came in, and I introduced the both of you, you didn't even say hello properly. Did you know him from before? Who is he to you?". 

SO i updated.. finally. Sigh I hope my writing skills have improved. I feel like I'm treading in dark waters ~~ I write really well (well of course in my opinion XD) but the creative juices just aren't flowing. I know what I want my end product to be, but I cant seem to write the journey in a way that would lead to the scene properly. Well, hopefully I can improve with each chapter. Thanks for reading :D