Realization

The Amused and the Baffled

 

I was walking towards my next class, which was thankfully my only class for the day. Discussion sections were tedious but a necessity. As I stepped into the class, I was greeted with a cool gust of air conditioning and the uncomfortable stares of my fellow classmates who also decided to show up ten minutes early to class. A few minutes later the TA walks in and starts to go over the first few problems discussed in lecture.

Now I’m no astrophysicist major, but almost every science related major has to take Physics as a graduation requirement. I have nothing against Physics, in fact it was one of my favorite subjects in high school. Unfortunately I liked the class more back then because of my crazily genius and enthusiastic Physics teacher. College Physics is more fast paced, and somewhat dry. Other than the interesting demos in class, there’s very little to keep one motivated to continue studying when all the eye can see is equations, diagrams and vectors galore.

But apparently that wasn’t the case in my discussion class today. A student kept interrupting the TA to point out extra details to which I knew nothing about. I mean, I read the textbook, did the book problems and homework! But for some reason this guy’s words were going over my head. Not only that, the TA was so impressed by the guy that she asked the student to come to the board and explain the next problem. I admit I was a bit jealous. In high school I was sort of a teacher’s pet; not the ‘I’m going to up to you by buying your Starbucks everyday for an A’ student but the ‘I am really curious and have a lot questions that I would like to discuss with you’ type. Needless to say teachers love students that are proactive, and it just happened to keep me in their good books. But here in discussion this kid was already one step ahead; confidently asking and answering questions that were brought by up students in class. I could already here the female students cooing over this guy.

After class was over, I picked up my things and made my way through the maze of desks. Right when I left the lecture hall, I bumped into someone, dropping their books and miscellaneous things in the process. Embarrased, I quickly drop to pick up their things. What struck me as strange was that the student didn’t even bend down with me to help pick up their books. They were literally towering over me while I scrambled to clean up the mess I made. I quickly shook it off and stood up to face the student. As I handed over their things, I noticed that the student was the genius kid from earlier. Now that I thought about it, I didn’t even notice his face or anything since I was too busy sulking in my own thoughts and plus was in the very back of the 50 seat classroom. Blame my astigmatism *sigh*. The guy’s face was quite defined, with a jaw bone that looked like it was molded from ice and cheek bones that gave off a cold expression to his otherwise charming face.

 I felt like I was literally studying his face for 30 seconds because he started to look at me with annoyance. Again, slightly embarassed I looked to the side and muttered a quick sorry before turning to leave again. As I walked away I heard a slight chuckle behind me. Confused I turned around to see him looking at me with a smug expression. Before I could even raise my eyebrows questioningly he uttered, “This is the second time you’ve bumped into me…I’m kind of hurt that you didn’t even try to recognize me.” After hearing that sentence, I froze for a second, trying to process the situation. Seeing the sunlight touch his light blonde hair my brain clicked and backtrailed to a few months ago before realization hit me…

 

 

Hello readers!! I managed to update because I had free time this week! Yay :D Hopefully I can add more to the story before school work piles up again. Thank you for every who has shown interest in this story ^^ I really appreciate it! Also I'm hoping to write in Ren's POV in the next chapter or two. That would be an interesting perspective eh ?