Realization, deja vu

The Amused and the Baffled

 

I turned around reluctantly and was greeted by a mischeivous eyes. I swore that his eyes glinted with curiosity for a second before returning to a dull, unphased expression. 

"Oh, uh hi.. nice to see you again", you replied. Nice to see you again? You literally collided with him last time, and he didn't look too happy about it either. !#$@#$ All forms of communication are deserting me *cry*. He didn't reply but continued to study your body language. *slowly starting to die from embarrassment*. 

He smirked. Not the kind of smirk where it makes you feel all flustered inside but the kind of smirk where you really just wanted to slap the grin off his face. I mean this was a pretty unusual feeling for you, seeing how you really didn't bother about people in general. Easy-going was the best way to describe you. At least until now. 

"I can't figure it out but I'm pretty sure we've had a couple of classes together," he said, stating the obvious according to you. 

"Yeah, we've been in two classes since freshman year..," you replied dryly. Why are we even talking right now? I need to make an excuse and run for the...

"No, no not that. Somewhere else...hmmm," he claps his hands together, "were you in the Bio Scholastic club by chance?" he asked. Now you were hella confused because you had never seen him in your club before, and it was hard to miss someone in a club of 30 people. 

"Yeah .. but I dont think you're in that club..?" you replied. He chuckled in response, increasing your annoyance level by 2 degrees. 

"Haha of course not, why would I be? I participated with the Bioengineering department at the last university academic competition. I was your competitor in the 2nd to final round, remember?". Realization hit you for the second time, and you could barely think straight through this one. You zone out and quickly shuffle through your memory bank, trying to recall the competition. You remembered being quite stressed after being nominated for two rounds. The first round you participated in was actually quite fun and a confidence booster, but the second round, the one that cost you and your team to lose their 5 year winning streak, angered you more than it upset you. The reason being: your competitor was so damn witty with his answers that the judges had given him extra points, although you had buzzed first and had given the right answer as well. But from what you remember your competitor was not this guy.. he had brown hair just past his ears, tied in a small pony tail, and his face was covered by the baseball cap he was wearing, so all you could make out was his mouth expression. (Note: when the sun is unblocked by clouds, it can cast a shadow across the face, thus somewhat blocking the upper half of the face from view. Just explaining in case anyone is confused ^^). WTF that's why I was getting so pissed off with this guy's behavior and little smirk. But how can this be... he looks so different now with blonde hair, i would have never known had he not mentioned it. In fact afterwards when you shook his hand reluctantly to admit defeat, what he said afterwards just added salt to the wound. *flashback* "Congrats, even though I had technically won the round.." you stated. "It's a shame really. I thought Bio majors were more than just good at memorization and spouting out facts. I guess the real skill needed to solve and apply real-world problems lies with the engineers. But good try~", he stated nonchalantly before walking off towards the stage for the next round. You swore that if your team members hadn't held you back, you would have spouted steam and fire at him. 

"It seems you remember," he smirks again, bringing you back to reality. This time you meet his expression with a fuming expression, staring him squarely in the eyes. He doesn't seem surprised or bothered, which angers you even more. Impulsively you feel your left hand slowly drifting up on its own accord, and without a though, slap him on his left cheek. As soon as you heard the sound post-impact, you immediately widened your eyes in fear. WTF DID I JUST DO. This. Is. Not. Me. Fifty thoughts ran through your head, but nothing matched the expression he had when he lifted his face and stared at you. Already nervous you thought the best way to handle the situation was to give in to your impulsive nature for now, and get out. 

"If you're wondering, that was for the dickhead comment that you made after the competition. It took a lot for me to go there and congratulate you, even when it was my win for the taking, and then to hear how worthless my department was from a douche like you. I couldn't retort back at the time, so let's call it even with this," you hurridely stated before picking up your things and running away. As soon as you made it back to your room, you threw yourself on the bed and closed your eyes. Of all things the repercussions of your actions were top on the list of stupid things you've done in your life. But you decided that you were given the opportunity and although it was not a civil way to handle it, you taught him a lesson. But what happens if he retaliates? Ahhhh i'll just deal with this tomorrow. Not today..not today.. As you knock out from the stressful situation you created for yourself today. 

 

 

 

Hellllooooooo!!! So as promised I will be updating this story and hopefully finishing it on a good note :3 I'm always jealous of writers who take scenarios and deliver so much more on them. I mean kudos for reading our minds ^^ Please comment below if on your thoughts (please!) and what you would like to see. I might incorporate reader requests into a chapter here, depending on how the story flows here on out. Kay thank you :D