A Penny for Your Thoughts (Short Chapter)

⊰Broken Wings⊱

(Hyunwoo’s POV)

Driving to Hanyoung’s house had become a habit after being with her for the past few years.  To me, she was like no other woman I have met.  She was proud and content with what she had and didn’t expect anything from me.  She had strong values and morals, and in a good way she was stubborn; always fighting for what she believed in.  She was considerate, kind and most importantly, she was strong.  She filled in the gaps that I lacked and to me, she saved me from the suffocating lifestyle I grew up in. 

I always swore to myself that I would protect her with everything I had.  And that I would love and cherish her until I died, no matter what. 

After she broke it off, I realized that all this time, she was the one protecting me.  When my father called her out secretly, she didn’t showed how much it hurt her because she was worried about how it would affect my family.  After my mother called her on the phone to curse at her, telling her she wasn’t even worth my mother’s time; Hanyoung apologized and said she would do better. 

I realized that even though I had a lot, I had nothing.  To me, Hanyoung was my only happiness.  I depended on her and pleaded her to wait as I continued to convince my parents.  She must’ve been exhausted, I thought.  She was tired from waiting, I thought.

So I told myself that when I got back into Korea, that after the business trips, I would work hard to gain more in order to become a stronger man for her. 

I just… I didn’t know that time was really an issue here…

I leaned against the stone wall next to Hanyoung’s house.  Her father said she wasn’t home…