13

Pleasurable Brutality

“Sehun—“ Jongin started but was cut off brusquely by the other guy who had walked to where Jongin was staying rooted at but still keeping a safe distance because who knew what his incoherent  mess of mind self was capable to do at such situation.

 

“Why are you doing this?” Sehun asked rather harshly because he found it absurd for Jongin to fake a memory loss just because he was hurting. There were a lot of ways to deal with a broken heart, though Sehun didn’t know why Jongin would be the one hurting when it was supposed to be Sehun who had been rejected, and faking a memory loss was definitely not one of them.

 

“It’s better to pretend not to remember anything,” Jongin told him that made Sehun’s eyebrows knitted together in confusion. “It’s even better if I really lose my memory,” the guy finished weakly, sighing in frustration.

 

Sehun let out a scoff then. He did not just say such thing! He exclaimed in the mess of his head. “You’re kidding me,” he deadpanned, expression twisting into that of incredulous in his mind. “Tell me one good reason why you want to lose your memory so much, or rather, tell me why the hell are you pretending to not remember Soojung when your head is perfectly fine?” Sehun demanded, trying his best to remain calm and collected but everything was just a mess.

 

Jongin gave Sehun an exasperated look in return. “Don’t you get it?” he cried out. “It hurts! It hurts me to see you two together! It even hurts me to know that you two are together now and I don’t have a chance—“

 

A boisterous laugh escaped Sehun’s mouth that had Jongin stopped talking all at once. He looked at Sehun with a weary expression on his face, unbelieving that the guy could actually laugh at such a time. “What do you mean?” Sehun asked after calming himself down, lips twitching as he tried to remain composed.

 

“You know exactly what I mean!” Jongin exclaimed frustratingly, one arm flailed in annoyance.

 

The corner of Sehun’s lips was pulled into a smirk then, taking a seat beside Jongin and slinging his arm around the other guy’s shoulders. “Do you want to know something, Kim Jongin?” He asked in amusement and Jongin’s brows knitted together in confusion at that, eyes not quite looking at Sehun as he remained quiet. “We’re not together,” Sehun announced.

 

“Huh?” Jongin questioned as he turned to look at Sehun, a silly look fixed on his face. It couldn’t possibly be true, his mind said, remembering the event that took place before he got into the accident.

 

“She rejected me,” Sehun supplied, the expression on his face was rather calm for someone who had just been rejected by the only lady that had occupied his mind for years, the love of his life.

 

“What—what do you mean?” Jongin questioned, blinking his eyes stupidly, the words had not quite wrap around his head just yet.

 

“Yeap,” Sehun confirmed with a nod. “She…” he couldn’t express the feelings he had in the form of words as a sigh escaped his lips, leaving it as the answer.

 

“But that time in front of her house—“ Jongin tried to reason but Sehun cut him off in an abrupt manner.

 

“So you saw us?” Sehun asked, raising an eyebrow questioningly. “You’re stupid, Kim Jongin,” he bawled out quickly, whacking the guy on the head, unfortunately very hard, to make his point.

 

“Hey!” Jongin cried plaintively, rubbing the spot where Sehun had hit him so hard that he could feel a headache coming his way. His hand then instinctively moved around to massage his temple. He wanted to voice out his protest but Sehun had stopped him before a word could even slip out from his parted lips.

 

“Ofcourse she would choose you over me,” Sehun voiced out, giving Jongin a look that could be decipher as a scold for the misunderstanding. “You’ve been there for her all this time while I couldn’t even bring my pathetic self to confront her for an apology, instead I ran away,” he stated solemnly, still giving the other guy the same look.

 

“We’re all pathetic,” Jongin heaved out; his head unconsciously fell down to rest on Sehun’s shoulder.

 

“Maybe I should punch some sense to you,” Sehun suggested, expression serious, which resulted Jongin to snap his head up.

 

“Says the one who didn’t even realise someone fell for him,” Jongin retorted. Sehun made a face at that and Jongin stuck his tongue out in return. He then laid his head back on Sehun’s shoulder, all this talk was making him tired, and he mumbled out, “Maybe I should be the one to have smack some sense to you during college, if I was not so stupid to notice everything sooner.”

 

Sehun barked out a laugh upon hearing his best friend’s words, causing his shoulders to shake that made Jongin furrowed his eyebrows in disdain as his head bounced off of Sehun’s shoulder uncomfortably. “Do you know the real reason why I went to America six years ago?” he asked rhetorically. “Well, beside my parents wanting me to study there,” he quickly added then. “It was because I was giving you a chance to be with her, and, well, ofcourse because of my pathetic self too, I couldn’t confront her for an apology let alone telling her about my feeling,” he told Jongin. “I couldn’t tell you all of this because I know you’ll overreact and tell me that I’m being stupid and all,” he explained then, letting out a breath before he continued, “I thought you’ll be together by the time I was gone but six years, Jongin? Really?” he expressed in an impassive manner, face straight that had Jongin looked at him with incredulity written all over his face.

 

“Hey! All this time I thought she was still not over you. I couldn’t do anything about that,” he spluttered, voice laced with that of a defensive tone and in that very moment that a pang of guilt suddenly washed over him, for making the lady miserable in the past few days and at the same time he felt stupid and embarrassed for having misunderstood over the situation, getting laugh at, loud and annoying at that, by Sehun in return.

 

“Or you’re just too busy in your own little world, being in agony over the fact that she liked me first,” Sehun started, face stoic and voice even. “Or maybe too dumb to know what’s inside her heart. You’re not called dumb during high school for nothing anyway,” he finished in a deadpan tone but an annoying laugh followed after.

 

“No one asked for your opinion, Oh Sehun,” Jongin scowled, turning his head abruptly to show that he was offended with the guy’s words, but he was silently admitting it to himself.

 

“Just stating the fact, Kim Jongin,” Sehun said with a shrug of his shoulder. There was a pregnant pause, both in their own little world, probably having the same thought inside their heads, before Sehun decided to speak up. “Well, what are you going to do now that the truth finally came out in the open?” he asked, eyes looking at Jongin curiously.

 

Jongin looked at Sehun for a moment, eyes meeting each other before he shrugged his shoulder, there was a trace of helplessness in his eyes that made Sehun smiled a little.

 

“She loves you, Jongin. The way she said your name, I couldn’t be more wrong about that. She really cares about you more than anyone else,” Sehun said with utmost sincerity. “Don’t let her slip away,” he finished with giving Jongin a pat on the shoulder.

 

“I don’t know, Sehun.” Jongin mumbled out, “I don’t know.”

 

***

 

Sehun visited again the next day, opening the door to Jongin’s room, only stopping on his track when he saw Jongin holding one of the many pictures he took with Soojung, biting his lip rather nervously. He raised a brow at the sight before he strolled off to where Jongin was seated at. “I’m guessing you haven’t told her?” Sehun’s voice sounded, announcing his presence that had Jongin snapped his head up in surprise.

 

Jongin didn’t say a word in return.

 

“When are you going to tell her, Jongin?” Sehun asked calmly, throwing an apple to the other guy which Jongin thankfully caught, though almost slipping from his hand out of surprise. One of his hands was still covered with a cast, very much not functional at the moment, thus, not understanding why his friend would do such a thing.

 

“I don’t know…” he truthfully answered, words trailing off into a silent plea of wanting Sehun to stop talking about the matter. Before Sehun could talk more on the topic, Jongin had quickly diverted into another. “Anyway,” he started, and he was grateful that Sehun didn’t press on the topic any further. “I’m going to be discharged this afternoon. Can you help me with my stuff?” he asked, eyes hopeful as they were fixed on that of Sehun’s.

 

“Why don’t you ask Soojung for help?” Jested Sehun, wiggling his eyebrows meaningfully and there was a wide grin sketched around his face, a very annoying one at that, which Jongin wished he could slap it off of his best friend’s face right then and there.

 

“Oh Sehun,” Jongin pronounced the other guy’s name softly but his voice was dripping with venom, eyes had turned into slits.

 

Sehun let out a laugh in response, enjoying every moment that he had in teasing his friend, before he waved a hand, “Fine, fine.”

 

“And you have to drive me home too,” Jongin added as an afterthought, flashing an innocent smile just to annoy his best friend.

 

Sehun’s jaw dropped in incredulity then. “What am I? Your driver?” he asked, face twisted in a fake disdain.

 

“Hey! You left your own best friend at Korea while you get to watch Maroon 5’s concert live!” Jongin countered with his bottom lip protruding into a pout. “This is nothing compare to that you know,” he reasoned with a huff.

 

Sehun rolled his eyes before he said, “Well, okay then. But with one condition.”

 

“And what’s that?” groaned Jongin, already dreading to hear Sehun’s request.


Author's Corner:

"Wth is this?!" I know guys. I dont even know what i'm writing either. I know most/all of you wanted kaistal moments so.... sorry for this? lol truthfully I enjoy writing sekai more hahahahha but I know i still deserve some beating for this. And if you're disappointed with the lack of action, punching and stuff, I just think that this is how best friends who knows each other for a very long time deal with this kind of problem. Sit and talk it out instead of beating each other. idk guys... just throw a brick I dont mind lol andIamverymuchneedtoimprovemyvocab