Chapter 48

Ready to Hurt [EDITING... Sort of]

“Yah! Stop laughing!” Youngjae nagged me. He couldn’t concentration.

We were going to interview some pedestrians who passed the subway station and it was the second station, Yongsan. We left from Namyeong and we were going to stop at the next third station, Noryangjin, Daebang and Singil. Since Mrs. Yoon instructed us to make the video with at least twenty minutes length and at least three different places, it was our best plan to make it.

Youngjae duties to be a reporter when I and Daehyun duties to be cameramen and ask people to be our interviewer. It was my turn to be the cameraman and I prevented myself to laugh because of Youngjae’s serious face.

“Seriously, I can’t take it anymore,” I chuckled by myself as I gave the handy-cam to Daehyun and he took it neglectful.

“Just go and search some people to be our next interviewer,” he said and I stopped my chuckle all of sudden when I heard that. We had been acted cold to each other since the first time we met this afternoon.

It was eight in the night and we were in the subway going to the last station, Singil, when Daehyun received a phone call from his mother and told him to back home as soon as possible. He excused himself. Since there was just left one station, we let him. When we arrived at Singil station, he took another subway which has conversely direction.

“Be careful!” Youngjae’s right hand waved towards Daehyun when the other hand nudged my arm and gave a signal to wave at Daehyun as well.

“I don’t want,” I mumbled.

“Yah! Why the both of you so childish like this?”

“It’s him, not me,” I argued.

Daehyun’s subway already left the station.

“It’s you and him. Acting like hate each other when the truly fact is you both like each other.” I was about to open my mouth, argued back, when Youngjae cut me off. “Yes, you don’t like him anymore and he never likes you. I knew it. Don’t argue back, okay.”

Youngjae was tapping my back when I heard he mumbled something.

“What?” I asked.

“Ah, nothing.”

I let out a heavy sigh and started to walk left him.

“Yah, where are you going? Don’t be mad at me!” He called me out.

“Of course I’m going to ask people to be our interviewer, Yoo Youngjae,” I spun my body as I said with flat face.

“Oh yeah, let’s go,” he grinned as he came approached me and we walked side by side.

Hyemi's POV

Three days ago, Dad got a bad news about Grand Ma’s condition. She was getting worse. She asked everyone that she met to tell Dad to visit her soon before her time came.

Since Grand Pa died because of an accident that happened in front of Grand Ma’s face, Grand Ma didn’t want to live at Korea anymore and she has been moving to the Japan by herself a week after Grand Pa’s funeral ten years ago. She is stubborn, just like my Dad. Nothing we could do to ignore her want, but to grant it.

Grand Ma passed away the moment right after me and my family arrived at Japan. Thanked God who still gave us to bid a goodbye each other.

I already landed on Korea a few minutes ago. I wanted to be home as soon as possible, so that I could tell everyone where I have been these three days, they must be worried. They were mean Himchan and Eunmi. I grinned by myself when I was wondering Himchan’s worried face and Eunmi must be like a lost puppy at school without me. It wasn’t like I didn’t want to tell them where I am, but my phone forgotten to bring because we left in hurry and the most idiot thing is how could I contact them when I didn’t know their number. Yeah, Eunmi is true, I’m idiot. I’m lack of memory to remember and guess what? I just remember two contact numbers in my life, it’s mine and Daddy’s.

It was almost nine in the night after made a call to Himchan and being nagged by him here and there, I called Eunmi.

“My baby Eunmi, what are you doing now?” I said as cheerful as usual.

“What?” she answered.

“Hah, I know it. You must be mad at me right now,” I ended up chuckling by myself.

“I hang up now.”

“Yah! Kim Eunmi!”

Tuuuuut……

The call disconnected. Ugh, she must be not in a good mood. Oh no, no, no, I guess no, she is naturally being a cranky girl and loves to nag me. It wasn’t surprising me to hear her cold like that. I got used to her bad temperament. I called her nth times and didn’t want to stop until she picks up my phone call.

Eunmi, I’m sorry. I’m soooooooooo sorry T-----T Eunmi, please pick up my calls or I’ll kill Daehyun the first time I meet him. Hehe just kidding. Just pick up the call, Eunmi please’

After received a delivery report, I called her again and then she rejected it. Oh my… When I was about pressed call button, there was a new message from her.

Don’t call me anymore. I hate you. I hate everyone. I hate my life.’ – Eunmi

I laughed by myself when I read her text. I knew she didn’t mean what she typed. I bet she was no longer mad at me because if she still mad, she wouldn’t reply my text. Don’t ask me why Eunmi texted me like that, she is actually weird, just like me.

 ‘The clueless mood of Kim Eunmi has been turning on -_- What the hell is that mean? I’m warning you not to reject my phone call again. I’m watching you here’

I replied her text and immediately called her, again.

“Eunmi!” I exclaimed her name the second she pick up the phone.

I didn’t hear her answer but a screaming girl on the other line and it was Eunmi’s voice. She was screaming, a high pitch one. She haven’t even release her screaming when the phone call disconnected all of sudden. I felt my heart pumping faster as I tried to call her again.

What happened with her? What if she was serious with her last message a moment ago? What if something big happened in these three days and I wasn’t there to calm her down? What if she thinks about…suicide? Aissh, it’s impossible, Hyemi! Is there any suicide people who scream before they died? Ah, I don’t know.

My phone call didn’t even connect to her. Her phone must be turn off. After two times trying to call her again, I remembered Jongin. Yes, I have to call him.

‘The number you are calling—‘

I hung up the phone. ! I save his old number when we were just a junior high school student. Of course he must be changed his number now.

Eunmi’s house! Yep, you are genius, Hyemi. I called her house and wished Jongin who would pick up the call.

“Hello.” . It was Mrs. Kim, Eunmi’s Mom.

“Hello Aunty, this is Hyemi.”

There was a long pause before she spoke, “Oh, Hyemi.” Maybe she forgot with me or what. “Isn’t Eunmi with you?”

“No, I’m not with her. Uhm, Aunty…” How could I tell Mrs. Kim?

“Yes, Hyemi. Is there something wrong?” Her voice changed. Without any pleasantries, I talked to her to the point. I told her that I called Eunmi a few minutes ago. I just called her name when I heard she screams on the other line and then the phone call disconnected. Mrs. Kim heard so panic. She thanked me before she hung up the phone.

Since I didn’t have Daehyun’s number, I called Himchan.

“Channie, do you know where is Eunmi?”

“Eunmi? Of course I don’t know, honey. What happe— Ah! She must be still at the subway station heading back ho—“

“Hyemi, is it you? What happened with Eunmi? I was with her from this afternoon,” Himchan’s voice changed by Youngjae’s.

“I’m not sure what happened, but I heard she screams on the phone at the time I called her and then the phone call disconnected. Something must be happened. What should I do now?” I felt like crying. I walked in my room back and forth with my phone on my earlobe.

“I’m going to Namyeong station to find her. Have you told Jongin or maybe her parents?”

“I have called her house and told her Mom, but I don’t have Jongin’s number,” I felt uneasiness wrapped my heart.

“Just keep trying to call her and tell me if she picks up the call or her number get active or she calls you or what, okay?”

“Okay, Youngjae. Thank you so much.”


It has been 4 days since my last update, I'm sorry T-T Okay, I put Hyemi's point of view in this chapter,how's this chapter going guys? You know I really love to read your comments right kkkk let me know what you think.

New subbies welcome and BIG THANKS TO forJDH130111 for upvoting my story >3< THANKS TOO TO Y'ALL WHO GIVES ME FEEDBACK. I love youuuuuh guysss. Chuuuuu~