Love is next door

Seven days to make you fall in love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Love is next door.

This is my company’s catch phrase. My name is Ji Yong and I’ll turn 26 this year. I’m a matchmaker.

My job is simple: costumers filled a profile file and I just had to find a matching person, no big deal. And I have to admit that I’m pretty good at it.

Although I’m good a matching couple, it seems to never work when it came to my own love life; I’ve been single for 2years and 14days precisely, and my previous relationships never lasted more than few months. Maybe was it because I was desperately romantic? Maybe I wasn’t good looking enough? I didn’t know anymore.

I entered my office and greeted Seung Ri and Sandara, my assistants, who were busy sorting out documents. I sat and turned my computer on with a sigh staring blankly at the still black screen; I felt bored this days. Not that my business wasn’t doing well, I had tone of costumers ready to find love no matter what; but everything was going too smoothly. It’d been months since I haven’t had an interesting costumer; and it was getting frustrating.

You should be wondering how I ended up doing this job. Since high school I’ve been the one who found girlfriends for others, or saving their couple when they weren’t going well. Thanks to me, some have married already and even have children; meanwhile I still was single.

Every time I looked at girls or boys in the street, I tried to find with which kind of person they could match well; but I never thought that a person could be fine for me. I liked shy and cute girls with pretty face and good body, a little bit like Sandara but not her; but I liked boys also, handsome boys with strong gaze and charisma, a little bit like Seung Ri but not him.

I was picky, very picky. I wanted someone would be a perfect match for me, as the one I find for my costumers. I gave a job to Sandara and Seung Ri because they were close to my ideal type, I thought I’d grow to like one of them but instead, they ended up together.

 

~~

 

It was my last appointment for the day; before I’d start my research for matching couples. Usually, I’d walk around in Hongdae or Gangnam trying to pick up girls and boys who seemed to match with what the customers wanted, as Seung Ri and Sandara would research into the costumers’ files to find a possible match.

The door opened on my appointment, I stretched my arms lazily and rubbed my eyes before getting up to greet the person. As my gaze locked on him I felt a shiver running down my spine; I tried to greet him properly articulating the best I could. This was the most handsome man I’ve ever saw in my whole life; maybe he wasn’t that handsome but he indeed looked to me. His gaze was strong as I liked it; he was tall, next to me at least, and smiled shyly as I tried to get my sense back.

“Please have a seat” I managed to say before sitting back on my chair staring at the man’s face. “Have you filled the profile paper already?”

“No I haven’t” I tried not to flutter at his deep husky voice and opened a file on my computer, coughing slightly to conceal the fact I felt uneasy.

“Your name?” I glanced at the man who rested his elbows on the table.

“Choi Seung Hyun”

I typed his name on the keyboard, my hands shaking slightly as he smiled gently. I looked back at him and tried to breathe more regularly, I must have been looked awkward.

“Date of birth and profession”

“November 4th 1987, I’m an architect” he replied almost drumming his fingers on the desk almost nervously.

“So… Seung Hyun-sshi what are you looking for?” I asked avoiding locking our gaze together to avoid any unwanted reaction.

“I heard you’re the best matchmaker in Seoul” the man pressed his lips together and smiled shyly again. “I heard you can find the perfect match for someone in less than a week”

“Well sometimes it…”

“If you make me fall in love with someone in seven days, I’ll pay you” I smiled at him; that was a challenge I could take easily.

“I’m confident”

“I’m very picky” the man added with half smiling still drumming his fingers on the desk.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter