Operation Red Woman Underway

When Mondays Aren't Enough

[Morning after 08/15/2012 6:30am]

JiHyo

[Zzzing zzzing zzzing]

The sound of her alarm was a gnawing in relation to her pounding head. The pills she took last night for the headache she knew she would have in the morning worked…but not that much. It was a zombie like sleep she awoke from; barely any dreams, she could hardly remember what all happened last night but she knew she was incredibly drunk when she got home. Her face felt extremely puffy and dry. [Must have forgotten to wash off my makeup] She didn’t even want to think about her hair; luckily this was one of her days off, so she could take the day to rest and recover from this hangover. She went to the kitchen, fixed another glass of water and popped two more aspirin before running the water for a hot bath. On days like this she loved to pamper herself a bit; the steam from the bath usually eased any headaches she had and she loved to submerge herself underwater for a few seconds just as a relaxation mechanism. Jihyo grabbed her robe and cell phone and headed to bathroom. She undressed and stepped in the bathtub, one foot at a time, letting her body get used to the temperature of the water. Once she was able to comfortably sit in the tub, she grabbed a towel resting along the edge, tucked it behind her head and layed back. She had previously installed a stereo in the bathroom last year, so she grabbed the remote and hit play on the last cd. It happened to be the Leessang album “Asura Balbata”. She had recently become a really big fan of Leessang’s music, she really thought Gary and Gil were extraordinarily talented; this was actually her favorite album so far. The stereo began to play “Remembrance”, which was Gary and Baek Ji-young and she just further relaxed into the tub lulled by the sweet sounds of Baek Ji-young’s melodic singing and the soft rap of Kang Gary. She just closed her eyes and let the music wash over her; her headache began to dissipate focusing in on Gary’s lyrics about his childhood and growing up. It really seemed like he put himself fully into his work; all truth, she respected him for that. The next song that played was “Turned off the TV”. As she listened to the song, at first, nothing was wrong; she actually really liked the song, but as she listened to the chorus “…saebbal gan, ni ibsul…” something really began to stand out. She re-winded the song to the beginning and listened to the chorus again.

 

“neol neomuna saranghaeseo, nan TV reul kkeosseo
saebbal gan, ni ibsul
neol neomuna saranghaeseo, nan keoten eul chyeosseo
saebbal gan, ni ibsul”

“I love you so much so I turned off the TV
Your red lips
I love you so much so I closed the curtains
Your red lips"

 

They kept singing about red lips in the chorus and when she first heard the song it didn’t really make sense to her but right now it felt like this was something really important. [Your red lips, your red lips, why is my stomach feeling weird again…Ooooh !] JiHyo stood straight up in the tub in complete surprise; that was it. She remembered this feeling from last night when Gary kept speaking about that woman he was in love with. He had mentioned how much he had loved her red lips and here he was speaking about it on a cd. Ji Hyo sat back in the tub. [daebak, daebak]. He was truly in love with this woman; he had told her last night but she really didn’t want to believe it, but here was the proof. But why should she care? She was in a committed relationship, there should no reason that this should bother her but it did. Even though Monday Couple had broken up for months, it was still unbelievable that she hadn’t even had an idea that he had someone he loved that much in his life. Was she the only person who hadn’t known; her other cast mates? As a friend, he should have told her. She told them about Baek Chang Ju; took her six months but she did. Jihyo was actually angry at Kang Gary for this; not because she was jealous she reasoned with herself but because they were supposed to be friends; he should have told her. Now her curiosity that had come alive last night was back in full force; she needed to know if anyone else knew and also find out more information about this girl. [Out of friendly curiosity only, of course]. She knew that for her to get the information she needed she would have to get back into the lives of her cast mates and Kang Gary; being in a bubble with just Chang Ju wasn’t good for anybody; neither her relationship nor for the success of this plan plus she really did miss hanging out with guys. With her plan firmly set in her mind, she sent Chang Ju a text telling him how much she missed him and would see him on Saturday and went about figuring out how she would put her new plan in motion. Seemed like her headache had went away again, so she re-winded “Turned off the TV” to get more clues about Gary’s mystery woman, closed her eyes and let the music wash over her.