Those intimate moments

When Mondays Aren't Enough

Gary

 

Gary was starting to calm down but he still had the butterflies in his stomach. He was used to being on stage when it came to music and filming with Runningman, but that was a setting he was comfortable with; well this was Samsung, one, if not the biggest companies in South Korea.

Right now he was sitting in the make-up room getting touched up for the camera, yes real men wear make-up. Just a little more blush and he would be ready.

There was now about 5 min before they would begin shooting the commercial, so he took a couple minutes to explore the set. It was really three mini sets, set up like they would be in someone’s kitchen, living room and laundry room.

The appliances were incredibly beautiful and modern; all ceramic white with stainless steel ts. The kitchen wasn’t that big but the way it was designed made it look so much larger; there was an island in the middle which always seems to enlarge a kitchen. Gary was actually a bit jealous, he immediately wanted to buy everything and assemble his kitchen just like this; hmm so this is the power of Samsung, he, himself was already hooked. Imagine they hadn’t even brought in the celebrities yet.

Gary still had no idea with whom he would be working. Well seeing the fact that the set was in a home setting it must be a woman. Imagine if they had two guys in here trying to play house, he and Gil acting out a home setting. Gary chuckled to himself a bit, because he and Gil would do no justice to this type of apartment, they were both workaholics with bad cleaning habits.

Well no matter who it was, when it came to women he treated them in usually one of two ways, like his mother if they were older or like Song JiHyo if they were younger and if they were men, he treated them like Yoo Jaesuk Hyung or HaHa; these two methods seemed to always serve him well.

 

Producer: “Gary-shi, we’re ready.”

 

Gary: “Yae”

 

The producers directed Gary to the door behind the set to get ready to meet his co-star in this commercial. Samsung had been really “hush hush” about everything when it came to who he would be working with. He tried asking around but most people had no idea and the producers would say nothing at all.

That nervous feeling was starting to grow tremendously in his stomach, whoever said that he liked surprises was a “gap-toothed liar”; that was a phrase that he learned from his friend Lan Xin. It meant that it was a big lie.

Well, here it goes. The producers just signaled for them to bring out the other co-star.

Gary could hear the slight click of heels, which meant an actress. He looked away just for a second to gather himself and put on his work face, but when he looked back and saw who it was, everything faded away. No breathing, no words, no movement, nothing.

There he was staring into the incredibly shocked eyes of Song JiHyo.

 

 

[JiHyo]

 

JiHyo knew she had to be dreaming. There was no way this could be real…Kang Gary was not standing in front of her. it was Kang Gary who would be starring in this commercial with her? No way. She had to still be asleep in her bed dreaming. Which begs the question of why she would be dreaming of Kang Gary? But all those hallucinations she believed she was having were shattered when the head producer came and introduced Monday Couple to the crew and thanked them for participating in this commercial together. 

The producers wanted to keep everything a secret because they wanted the natural chemistry of the Monday Couple to be the driving force behind the shoot. They didn’t want people to come in with pre-conceived notions about how they believed Monday Couple would act; they just wanted genuine feelings to be conveyed and have their products be a part of that. The world had fallen in love with Monday Couple and Samsung wanted their products to be there to highlight that love.

 

When it all came down to it they wantd to highlight the samsug furniture as being a part of the Monday Couple's life. Samsung wanted their products to be witneses and testaments to the love of the Monday couple; from newlyweds moving into their new house, to first Christmas and to first anniversary. Their message for this year was 'at samsung, more than a company, we are your family'

 

The point of the shoot was to highlight the joys and hassles of a couple exploring their new home together. Gary and JiHyo would really be given free reign to act out different parts in a relationship. They would be playing together in the kitchen, cooking together, doing laundry, sharing a Christmas and then also an anniversary. The director would only provide minimum instructions because he wanted everything between them to occur naturally, he firmly believed that the chemistry between the both JiHyo and Gary would be enough.

 

Gary

 

Inside Gary was full of both excitement and nervousness after seeing that it was JiHyo. They greeted each other a warmly as they could for the cast but it felt off to him, as though she was trying to be distant. In order for this shoot to be successful he had to get her to warm up to him again; be intimate and playful. That was there relationship; used to be effortless. So the best thing to do was to be himself, his true self around her. The beautiful thing was that he could be as loving to her as he wanted to be in real life, this shoot was the perfect camouflage, what others considered to be acting, he could finally let free. Maybe he would have some peace after this.

 

JiHyo

 

JiHyo was mentally preparing herself for what was about to happen. She was an actress dammit, she would tuck away her true feelings and give the people what they wanted. She and Gary's relationhsip for the pubic was cute and playful, it should be effortless. This was her job and she would do it to the best of her ability

 

They were in the kitchen preparing  a smoothie together. There was a bowl of fruit available to them and JiHyo was busy placing it in the blender, smiling for the camera and doing all the right things but Gary could feel it wasn't genuine. Her smile wasn't reaching her eyes like it does when she was truly happy and laughing, so he decided to be mischevious. He walked over to the refigerator as if to grab more fruit, happened to find a can of whip cream, took it out and sprayed a little on his hand and while JiHyo was busy blending the fruit, he put a dollop on her cheek. He could hear the crew gasp a little bit when he did it but he knew this would get the little spitfire that is Song JiHyo to come out. He could tell she was trying to keep her composure so he pushed her a little farther. Using his hand, daring her with his eyes, he moved some of the whipped cream from her left cheek, then made a swipe across her forehead and then down her right cheek before the last of it off of his fingers, as sensual and as daring as he could. He though he had won and she wouldn't respond until a strawberry hit him square in the forehead.

 If the public didn't know, they would know now that JiHyo had too competitive of a spirit to let something like that go. Following the strawberry, JiHyo threw a couple grapes at Gary before chasing him to get the whip cream from him but all she got from that was a stream of whip cream to the face. Looking for another option, she went to the refrigerator and happened to see one more bottle of whipped cream and from there the war was on. It was complete chaos as each tried there best to cover the other in whip cream; wrestling for bottles, laughter and screams of fun.

 

Other producers and crew members looked like they wanted to step in to calm the chaos but the director held up his hand and just continued to film. The director was loving it because it reminded him of the times when he and his wife were newlyweds, except they had soap wars fom washing dishes. It was these moments that kept fire in a relationship, moments of pure abandon shared with another person, where you didnt have to worry about how you looked or what others would think.

JiHyo had managed to get Gary's whipped cream from him and was now holding both cans. To keep her from completely showering him in cream he quickly trapped her in a front hug holding bother her arms behind her. Slowly all the laughter between them died as he realized she was in his arms. She couldn't see his face but he was starting to notice every part of her. He could feel her body pressed against him, hypnotized by her scent of almond and green tea; amazed that he was still so sensitive to her scent despite the cream covering them. He was so overcome by the need to taste her that he physically had to make himself let her go; as a man he had never wanted a woman so bad in his life. As quickly as he could he put on his Gary grin to hide his emotions, Gary made a joke for everyone about whipped cream in his underwear and that it was time to go and change. Which gave a signal to the production crew that it was time to wrap up this scene. From there he walked to his dressing room to get control of himself. 

 

JiHyo was still unsure of why Gary ended things so abruptly.  They were at one point having the time of their lives , laughing and playing, then there was a moment when everything between them stopped. She could see Gary was studying her intently, but she didn't dare to meet his gaze, she didn't want to know what would be in his eyes or what it would do to her own fragile state of control around Kang Gary. It was so intense it unnerved her, then he just released her, with a force that didn't match the grin he had for the rest of the cast. It was almost like he was wrestling within himself. He was so weird sometimes. But JiHyo couldn't worry about that. They had a job to do.

 

The next shoot was set in the laundry room. According to the director she and Gary were supposed to be doing chores together,  showing that something as mundane as folding towels and sheets together could be intimate moments between couples. So they were to highlight intimacy. Intimacy is the product of their being trust and extreme comfort with another person. To accomplish this she knew she couldn't keep Gary at an arms length, she would have to let down some of her guards to really show intimacy to the director.

 

...Gary had surprisingly grabbed her and set her on top of the dryer as they started folding the white towels provided by the team. The crew had purposefully not stocked the washroom set with any items other than the towels and sheets so there would be no surprise detergent fights; the chemicals could be really dangerous I n terms of inhalation and getting them in your eyes. They were just trading jokes as they each folded their own small towels, until the were both ready to fold the large sheets together.

 

"JiHyo I'm surprised your able to fold this well. Didn't you tell me your maid would come in to do all these things."

 

" well thanks for bringing up my laziness in terms of housework, but when I was a child my mother demanded that I know how to fold and put away towels and clothes. I guess I still have muscle memory from all those years of torture in housework" she laughed.

 

"Well for doing such a good job. You deserve a prize, something that will give you a nice energy boost."

 

JiHyo asked "and what prize would give me a nice energy boost?"

 

"You'll see" said Gary with a smirk.

 

JiHyo didn't think much about it and just continued to fold the cloths. As she was folding one of the sheets Gary snuck in front of her. Since the sheet was covering her face, she couldn't see him. JiHyo was folding the sheet lengthwise when he walked toward her and pressed his face into the sheet so there was an imprint of his face on the other side. JiHyo was caught by surprise and slightly jumped back, which caused Gary to laugh at her.

 

"What? You thought I was going to kiss you?" Laughed Gary.

 

That's exactly what JiHyo thought but she would never tell him that.  "Tsk You wouldn't dare" she answered as nonchalantly as she could. What's the best way to cover up something that affected you? Pretend like it didn't. 

 

It kind of pricked Gary that she seemed to be totally affected. She was daring him and he was more than happy to meet that challenge. He knew she didn't have feelings for him but as a man, he needed to know he could affect her in some way.

 

Once they were finished with the towels Gary helped her down off the dryer to help fold the larger sheets. He was on his best behavior as he waited for the best moment and at the same time lulling her into a false sense of security; he didn't want her prepared for this. His opportunity came when they were folding their last sheet. JiHyo was holding the sheet in front of her,  waiting for Gary to meet her with the other half. Since they were  both so short the sheet completely covered her view of him. Gary walked into the sheet until there was an imprint of his full body and he kept walking forward backing JiHyo until she was slightly leaning against the dryer. Placing both hands on each side of the dryer he leaned in until he was a mere inch away from ; his body slightly pressed against hers, only the thin sheet separating them.

 

JiHyo was finding it hard to breathe with him so close to her like this. Gary was relishing in the fact that she was reacting to him. As a he focused in on his senses he could feel her pulse quickening and her breathes becoming more frequent. He leaned as close as he could, hoping to catch another whiff of her scent. 

 

He was aware that they were in a room full of people but in this moment, it was just them; no one else was here. As he breathed her in deeper and deeper, he felt that electricity start to build in his stomach. A churning tinged with desire and excitement and whatever it was about this woman that captivated him so much. He let it wash over him.

 

 

Gary pressed in to speak to her, hoping to disrupt her control and pushing to see how far he could go before she would admit he affected her. 

 

"I can feel you" he whispered. 

 

"You're breathing so fast, I can feel your heartbeat. Your welcome for this energy boost by the way."

 

By this time JiHyo was so drunk on the energy swirling within her, she couldn't even hear Gary. It had been so long since she let Gary this close to her;his body pressed against hers was too much. The energy was rolling in waves along her back, calling into focus her own attractions and the awareness of his body pressed against hers. She could hear her heart beating in her ears drowning out everything else and she could see how close his lips were to hers. She could see his lips moving but nothing was making sense to her; nothing other than the proximity of his mouth to hers was important. She knew it would take nothing to lift her and meet his lips, nothing at all.

 

JiHyo unconsciously started to move in to meet his lips. No thinking at all;  body driven by a strong force of attraction. Eyes heady with desire for this person in front of her. Her lips had barely grazed the outline Gary's lips through the sheet when Gary pulled down the barrier separating them.

 

JiHyo was shaken back into reality when she heard the collective breathe of the staff 

 

Unbeknownst to she and Gary the tension was high in the room as everyone waited to see what would happen between them. They were all aware this was acting, but they couldn't help but be affected by the energy and chemistry shared between these two. When Gary pulled down the sheet, everyone took in a breath of anticipation. 

 

And there she stood staring into the surprised eyes of Kang Gary.

 

 

Author's Note: Hey FF family. Guys  I'm sorry, I have been working like crazy and studying and this is really my first time back in months. I haven't been able to update as muc but the Monday Couple and ou guys, my colleagues and readers are forever on my mind. So happy I got a chance to update. Plz leave comments, thughts and criticisms. Please enjoy!!!