Frozen

When Mondays Aren't Enough

Authors Note: Hey Guys, I know it's taking a little longer between updates but job responsabilities keep me from writing as much as I like. Hope you enjoy the chapter and know this is the turning point. So it will get really good from here on out. Please comment, subscripe, and vote. Let me hear what you really think. Thanks so much and enjoy the read.

 

[ Gary]

Gary left the note on the table, grabbed his keys and walked outside to the waiting taxi. He lay back in the seat replaying the kiss over and over in his head: the moment he caressed her face to the moment his lips touched hers until the time he ended the kiss. Over and over again he remembered the feel of her skin, the softness of her lips and the sensation of feeling completely out of control. His thoughts of her had no comparison to what it felt like to really touch her. The kiss only lasted an instant but it sent shockwaves through him. He had felt exhausted when he first brought her to the studio but now he felt energized; pent up energy that needed a release. Gary couldn’t believe he actually did it; how could he not with her laying there beautifully and him already exposing so much of himself at their drinking session. That Mong Ji trusted him too much; did she not think he was a man, lying there completely at his mercy. [Who am I kidding? I’d never do anything to hurt her. I’m completely excited over a chaste kiss on the lips. How lame Kang Gary.]

Upon arriving at his house Gary got out and walked to the elevator. He did wonder how much it was going to hurt in the morning when he would remember everything about this night and JiHyo would remember nothing. He could take a hundred girls home from the club and it still wouldn’t compare to that moment. He wondered which was a crueler fate? Never knowing what it felt like to kiss her or kissing her, feeling how completely right it was, but knowing he could never do it again? He shook his head and thought to himself [I’m an idiot.] He put in the passcode for his door, walked in and closed the door behind him.

*************************************************************************************

[Jihyo]

JiHyo opened her eyes for a second. Her body still wasn’t ready to awaken fully yet, plus she was enjoying her dream way too much. She dreamt Gary was carrying her in his arms like a princess and him saying how much he liked her. He laid her down on a bed, caressed the side of her face and kissed her softly on the lips. He lifted his head too soon because she wasn’t ready for the kiss to end. Just as she was reaching up to bring his head back to hers the dream stopped. How many times had she dreamt of this happening in the past? Too many to count. But she was still so sleepy, maybe if she closed her eyes again, the dream would continue. Since it was a dream she could enjoy it right…no harm done. With that thought in mind, she let her eyes close and drifted back off to sleep with a small smile playing at the corner of .

*************************************************************************************

[Gary]

Gary lay in bed, completely frustrated. He had been trying to sleep for the past hour but he had too much energy in him to relax. All he could do was think of JiHyo; he just wanted to see her. So he did something odd. He reached into his bedside dresser and pulled out his collection of JiHyo’s movies. He had started collecting her movies when they first became Monday Couple. He felt that it was only right since she had taken such large interest in his music. She bought his cd’s and even asked for he and Gil’s autographs because she knew that real soon he and Gil would get the recognition they deserved. Her exact words. Because that truly touched his heart, he started looking for all her movies and TV shows because he wanted to support the art she so cared for. So he looked through the films for one to watch. He couldn’t watch a drama so “Goong” was out; he wasn’t in the mood for horror so “Whispering Corridors” was out as well. He already saw “ is Zero 2” which was hilarious but not the right movie for tonight, so all he had left was “Some” and “A Frozen Flower”. He hadn’t seen either and was deciding which of the two he wanted to watch. For some odd reason he was leaning towards a “Frozen Flower”; Gary often heard her mention or talk about her movies but this one she would never mention. He found it weird but never thought much of it. So he pulled the plastic wrapping off and placed the blu-ray in the player and sat back to watch the movie.

It was already twenty minutes into the movie before JiHyo made her appearance as the queen. Gary was not usually a fan of period movies but he couldn’t lie, the costumes and set of this movie was breathtaking. As he watched more of the movie, he was drawn more and more into the plot. He could see how the threads of conflict were slowly starting to be woven together between the King, the Queen and Hong Lim, the Captain of the Guard. Gary wasn’t sure why the film was rated mature, up to this point it just seemed like a regular period movie until he saw the first scene between Hong Lim and the King and then the scenes between Hong Lim and the Queen.

Watching the graphic scene that JiHyo was in did make him see her in a different light. He couldn’t imagine how much courage it took for her to make herself completely open and vulnerable like that. In real life she was a bit guarded when it came to her personal life but to see her lay herself bare like that for her art; he really had no words. Of course he noticed her body, he was a man; how could he not. She was beautiful, and y and almost innocent in the way she portrayed this character. The progression of the scenes made complete sense to him. That terrifying feeling of having someone see you for the first time coupled with the fear that they may reject or laugh at you was shown in the first scene between she and Hong Lim. Until you have , you don’t realize how awkward and painful the first time can be; the guy doesn’t know what he’s doing and the girl bears the pain while he tries to figure it out. In the third and fourth scenes passion has been awakened in both of them and they were now addicted to it and to each other. He loved the way they were able to be graphic but keep it tasteful and real.

He watched the way JiHyo moved her body. can be like a song; there’s a rhythm and when your body catches it and you and your partner match the rhythm together the pleasure is tripled. He saw the look in her eyes during some of the scenes. He knew you could only look and move like that, only if you’ve done it before. Of course it was acting but your body remembers and he knew she was remembering a time of passion like that; you could see it wasn’t forced, looked perfectly natural and with some of the more conservative viewers he was sure they thought she really had . But Gary knew better and watching this got him excited and made him want her even more; not for the fact that he was seeing her on screen but because there was a passion in her that would match his; that if they were with each other they could both completely let go and make love that was earth shattering. It would be something more than .

It resonated with Gary; he wasn’t a stranger to and hadn’t been for a long time. He remembered the first time he did it in high school with his girlfriend; completely unsure of himself, fumbling all over the place and lasting only a moment. He was embarrassed his first time but knew he would be better the next time and when he finally learned how to give a girl pleasure and make pleasure last back in his college days, he couldn’t stop. He was addicted to it for a long time. is a powerful thing; it could make love grow deeper or twist loneliness and affection into something that resembled love but isn’t; it could truly become an obsession and as he continued to watch the movie, he could see that the Queen and Hong Lim were obsessed with each other. Hong Lim, only having the chance to know a woman at such a late age, was affected particularly hard. In the beginning ual drive is hard to control for men, that’s why so many young males are ually active, that hormone kick is truly like a buzz. Then of course, the Queen was starved for affection from the King for years; he wouldn’t touch her and the first time she is truly touched by a man, she drowned in that affection. Hong Lim was a drink of water in a desert of loneliness for her, she couldn’t give that up and neither did she want to. Hong Lim was the first one to see and treat her ually like a woman. She was brought as a child from a far land and grew up never knowing the affection of a man; like being frozen in a child-like state of ual maturity. Hong Lim was raised up to be the lover of the King and never had the chance to know a woman until this point…he too was frozen.

Gary thought the King was just as sad a person. Who doesn’t know the feeling of thinking someone felt the same way and realizing they didn’t. At one time both Hong Lim and the Queen looked at the King for love and affection but now they looked at each other and the King was the one looking from the outside in. People would kill for love and the King was no different. Gary didn’t know why but this film really affected him; he was in tears by the end. Knowing there would be no resolution only death and the Queen was left alone again.

Gary wiped his tears off on his shirt, telling himself to stop being a baby. He took the disc out and carefully placed it inside the cover and back in his drawer, knowing it was one he would watch again. It was a movie he really did enjoy. He got back in bed and grabbed his phone. He put in “A Frozen Flower” to see what other people thought of the movie. First he read Wikipedia and saw that the film was well received and the producers and directors particularly praised Joo Jin-Mo and Song Ji-Hyo. It made Gary smile on the inside to see her be praised like that because it was such a powerful performance. He continued to read some of the message boards and movie comments and was completely shocked. No one even mentioned the movie; they just talked about Song Ji Hyo; calling her “”, “” and other derogatory names and how she should be cut from the appearing on any TV programs because of her adult movie career and that she should just kill herself. Gary could not believe this. They truly couldn’t see how great a part she played; they just focused only on the adult scenes, with not even a mention of the actor Jo In-sung. Gary loved his country but he did realize that they were very conservative and could be really mean when it came to criticism. Didn’t they know in America or Europe she would be praised continually for her performance? He saw an American movie called “Monster’s Ball” and the main actress “Halle Berry” participated in several scenes and ending up winning an Academy Award for it; the most prestigious award for an Actress.

Gary knew what it felt like to read some of the hurtful comments of the republic; some of his lyrics could be for older audiences and when he would read comments that said he was “poisoning the youth of Korea” or he was “illiterate”, or a “gangster” or “ruining music” it hurt. He was a grown man and it still hurt and to know that Ji-Hyo had to deal with and hear all this at such a young age hurt him even more. She made herself vulnerable and gave a great performance and people seemed to hate her for it. The fact that she silently dealt with that and all this time he never knew made his heart ache. He just seemed to fall in love with her more and more; she was such a strong woman but with a gentle spirit. That experience and time really hurt her and he now knew why she never talked about it. He thought she was amazing and wanted her to know it; just know that he could see her for who she really was. Maybe it would make a difference, maybe not.