Epilogue

Realizations

Jung Yunho has always regarded himself as smart despite what Shim Changmin says. 

So it doesn't even faze him one bit as Changmin cajoles him about his sunbae/hoobae dinner with Yixing and Luhan.

"You took them to a small Italian restaurant that they could have easily gone to themselves? This is probably the cheapest sunbae/hoobie dinner I've encountered!"

Changmin is practically rolling on the floor.

Yunho just smiles and shakes his head.

"Yeah, it's trueI took them out to a simple Italian restaurant but the outcome is even better."

Yunho walks towards the window and motions for Changmin to follow him and look outside.

Changmin peers down to watch a smiling Yixing dragging a laughing Luhan towards the center of the courtyard. Luhan stops somewhere in the middle, pulling Yixing towards him. He whispers something in Yixing's ear that makes the latter laugh and suddenly, Luhan has his arms around around Yixing's neck.

With eyes wider than Kyungsoo's, Changmin gapes back to a smug looking Yunho.

"You made that happen? How?"

"Simple. I'm Jung Yunho and I'm amazing."

"No, seriously," Changmin deadpans. Yunho grins at him.

"It's actually very simple. I knew from the start that something was going on between them so I took that and ran along with it. Besides..." Yunho trails off as he sees Taeyeon and Jinki walking by their practice room. "You both owe me 20,000 won and dinner at a fancy restaurant!!" he yells at them enthusiastically.

The two stop and groan together. "You mean Luhan and Yixing are together now?"

All they need to see is Yunho's triumphant smile to know that their wallets will be sobbing tonight for dinner.

"Actually, let's invite the two for dinner as well because it's thanks to them that I'm 20,000 won richer and that I'll have some expensive bulgogi tonight!"

All four of them make their way through the courtyard where Yixing is lying on a bench, his head on Luhan's lap. Luhan is sitting, gently threading his fingers through Yixing's hair. 

"Yah!! Luhan, Yixing!" Changmin yells out.

Luhan not-so-subtly glares at them - an action that he would not even dream of doing to his Yunho sunbae in the past.

"Sunbaes...can you please keep it down? Yixing is sleeping."

Onew laughs, nudging Yunho. "I can't believe this is the same Luhan from months ago that can't even look you in the eyes."

Luhan blushes.

"We just wanted to know if you guys wanted to join us for dinner tonight. Onew is treating!" Taeyeon exclaims.

Luhan looks down at Yixing who continues to sleep despite the loud conversation. They've had a long day so far and this is the longest Yixing has slept. So he shakes his head no.

"Thank you so much for the offer, sunbaes, but I think I'll stay here for a bit with Yixing and let him rest."

The four nods their head in understanding. 

"Okay, suit yourselves. Don't stay out here for a long time, though. It's getting colder," Yunho reprimands and Luhan smiles.

"Understood, sunbae. Thank you!" He does his best to give them a respectful bow despite having his boyfriend on his lap.

Once they all leave, Luhan looks up, closing his eyes, taking in the silence. 

It's been a while that he's been this happy and content.

He opens his eyes once again and takes a look at the man on his lap, eyes full of wonder and amazement.

Luhan still can't believe his luck. He still can't believe that he has someone like Yixing.

"I love you," he whispers, leaning down to place a gentle kiss on Yixing's forehead. 

Yixing just snuggles himself closer to Luhan and Luhan smiles. He smiles becauase after all the misunderstanding, the heartbreak, and the tears - it turns out the one he really needs has been right there all along.

He continues running his fingers through Yixing's hair. 

They still have a lot to do, a lot of challenges to face but right now, being in their own world, enjoying the silence...

This is the closet to a happily ever after he's ever been.

*~*~*~*~*~

A/N: OMG I FINSHED!! 

I'm so sorry it took a while to write this. I've been super busy playing games especially that new KKT game with EXO in it. O M F G. Anyway, I can't believe I completed this!! It's done!! WHAT?!?!?!? LOL

I've had such a blast writing this. This is my first time actually sharing what I've written so I hope you guys enjoyed it. *hugs everyone*