002

The Wallflower

 

chapter 2: netted

 

Sehun ran his fingers across his forehead to his temples. He was starting to feel a headache coming up. He feels like his free rent is slowly washing down the drain. Soojin is every bit the complete opposite of a lady. She wears a black cloak and her bangs are so long it covers her entire face, plus she's a total recluse. The moment they had opened the door for her she ran -- no, she fled away from them and into the darkened seclusion of her bedroom. Nobody had enough time to even mutter a greeting for her. Luhan who was always the most friendly to everyone was so afraid of her he was cowering in fear behind Kris' tall stature and became surprisingly quiet. Soon there after, they had decided to hold a meeting in the dining area to discuss what to do next, only Daehyun wasn't present and of course, Soojin.

Sehun, who was sitting on the floor with his back against the wall, suddenly heard a soft thumping of feet getting nearer. When he peeked behind, he saw Daehyun running holding a bow of chocolates. Out of all of them only Daehyun seemed like the only one who wasn't bothered by Soojin's appearance. Sehun waited for the exact moment then when Daehyun was exactly by Sehun's arms length, he reached out and laid Daehyun to his lap.

"What do you want?!" Daehyun screamed, thrashing against Sehun's grasp.

"That's what I should be asking you," Sehun retorted while covering Daehyun's mouth. "What's up with that girl?"

"It's no use asking Daehyun," Luhan said, feeling sorry for Daehyun.

"There's no need to go out of our way to make her a lady," Suho interrupted. "I just thought it'd be good for Daehyun to have a family member around."

Sehun flipped Daehyun to a standing position then let him go. Daehyun immediately took off.

"Don't mess around," Sehun warned, suddenly standing up and walking towards Suho. "What're you going to do about me getting free rent, then?"

"That's right. We have to make her into a lady, or we'll be evicted," Kris agreed.

"You shouldn't get fired from your jobs," Luhan scolded Sehun like a little kid.

• • •

"So those are the people I'll be living with..." Soojin muttered to herself.

She sat on the floor in the middle of her room, fiddling with her hands.

"That was dumb of you, Auntie," she cried to herself. "I knew I'd be living with men, but... I never thought they'd be..."

She couldn't get to finish her sentence. How could she exactly describe them? They are all so handsome! When God showered the gift of good looks, the four of them were probably in the front line carrying huge umbrellas to catch almost everything.

She placed her head on her hands. This is bad. This is the worst place she could live in!

"I... I... I can't stand to be around such dazzling creatures! I'll melt if I look at them more than three seconds..."

She hung her head in frustration. When she finally looked up, her gaze landed on the three hooded figures in front of her. She crawled towards the one on the left and pulled the black cloth off the figure. There stood a male anatomical model. Half of it looks like a normal person while the other half shows the muscles, organs, and blood vessels of a human being.

"Save me Heechun!" Soojin pleaded.

She moved to the next figure then also removed the black cloth. It was still another anatomical model but this time it has no arms nor legs and it was fully stripped of skin, contrary to Heechun who still has half of the skin.

"Save me, Aera!" Soojin pleaded again.

She moved to the last figure and again, removed the black cloth covering it. Now, it was a plastic skeletion with a black feathery scarf around its neck.

"Save me, Josephine!" Soojin pleaded for the third time.

These are her best friends. She regularly talks to them and they may never reply to her but at least they don't judge her like the rest of the world. She flopped down on the floor with a sigh.

"Having to live with such dazzling creatures..." Soojin cried.

Suddenly Soojin felt someone tap on her shoulders. When she turned around, she saw Daehyun crouching beside her, pinching his cheeks and making a funny expression.

"Soojin, cheer up," Daehyun said cutely.

He suddenly shifted position then produced a box of chocolates.

"Here. You liked chocolate, right?" Daehyun offered to her.

She immediately took the box and smiled to herself.

"Thank you..." she whispered.

She started opening the box as she felt Daehyun put his arm around her shoulders.

"I'll protect you, Soojin," Daehyun proclaimed.

Suddenly they both heard a low rumble, then Daehyun's cheeks immediately turned pink. He stared at his stomach and flashed Soojin a toothy embarrassed smile.

• • •

"The problem is how to turn her into a lady, isn't it?" Kris asked.

"I'm scared. I'm no good with horror movie stuf..." Luhan shuddered.

Suho looked up from his book and glanced at Luhan sympathetically. Then he took a sideways stare at Sehun, who had his head lying on the table facing sideways staring blankly.

"Are you okay, Sehun?" Suho asked.

"I'm so hungry, I can't think of anything..." Sehun grumbled.

They had been discussing in the dining room for almost an hour now and they still don't know what to do with Soojin. Sehun couldn't take it any longer, he would just go and eat whatever was in their refrigerator. He strode languidly towards the kitchen. When he was about to enter the kitchen, something caught his eye. He looked up to find a figure in black robe holding up a bloody knife. It took him a few minutes to finally distinguish the figure was only Soojin, but by this time his heart had already jumped to his forehead from so much fright.

Why does she keep wearing that damn cloak?

It will probably take him a couple of days or probably even weeks to be accustomed to that cloak. And what if Luhan was the one who walked in on her, he would surely--

Wait... Hold up. She's holding a BLOODY knife?!

She lowered the knife slightly then suddenly threw it in the air. It spun wildly but still she caught it by the handle while it was still in mid-air. Then she struck it strongly on the chopping board that the fish on top of the board was quickly dismembered with its head.

Sehun immediately felt bad for the fish. That was a tough blow.

Next, Soojin made a cut on the fish's stomach then she extracted its innards.

"That's right. I came here for Daehyun," Soojin mumbled to herself. She has decided to stay and endure everything - even those dazzling people - for Daehyun and for Auntie.

Sehun suddenly felt uneasy.

What is she trying to do? Is she praticing what she will probably do to us later?? Why is she murmuring to herself? Is she casting a spell???

Sehun's imagination were suddenly on an overdrive.

"It doesn't matter if there are dazzling creatures here..." Soojin reassured to herself. "I'll be fine if I just do the job Auntie asked me to do."

Sehun kept watching as Soojin sliced the fish expertly into even cuts. She seemed oddly comfortable in the kitchen, and her movements suggest that she had done this more than a couple of times already.

"Whoa..." Sehun whispered, frowning, "Those aren't the skills of a human."

An hour later, the five of them (including Daehyun) was sitting around the dining table. Soojin had made them an abundant feast. Their table had never held as many foods as this one. Sehun had to admit they all looked really delicious... but could they really eat what Soojin has cooked?

"Can we really eat her food?" Sehun voiced out.

"It smells good," Suho said, but he doesn't also seem too inclined to try anything yet.

"Soojin's a really good cook," Daehyun declared brightly.

He held his chopsticks and ate a serving of beef which was nearest to him. He noticed Sehun, Suho, Luhan and Kris lean forward on their seats. He could feel their anticipation building as he chewed the food.

"Delicious!!!" Daehyun suddenly exclaimed through a mouthful.

"Seriously?!" all four of them bellowed.

Each of them tried the food for themselves. Suho's eyes bulged out of their sockets. Luhan closed his eyes, savoring every taste exploding in his mouth. Kris nodded his head with every food that he ate. Daehyun consumed every food he could reach. Sehun took one bite and he immediately threw his head back in pure ecstasy.

Meanwhile, unbeknownst to everyone on the table, Soojin was currently behind a wall not so far away. She took a small breath and finally peered at Sehun. Out of all the four guys, Sehun was the most dazzling and the most difficult to look at.

"YUM!!!" Sehun shouted.

"The dazzling creature... is an unexpectedly good guy," Soojin thought to herself.

Without warning, Sehun smiled cheerfully at Daehyun. His smile was like a thousand light bulbs illuminating together - it could easily have lit up a whole town. Soojin instantly turned away before she could burn her eyes out. In her haste to get to her room, Soojin stumbled by herself. She immediately stood up and started dashing again. When she looked up she realized she had already passed her own room so she immediately made an abrupt turn and quickly entered into her room.

• • •

"Oh, that was delicious..." the five of them cooed as they all caressed their bellies satisfyingly.

It had only been a couple of minutes since they started eating but all that was left on the table now were bones and fish tails.

"Alright!" Sehun suddenly yelled, slamming his fists into the table. "Now I'm motivated."

Everyone stared at him as he grinned mischievously into the air.

• • •

Soojin wiped meticulously the last of the plates. She had just finished washing and drying all the plates and utensils. She had already tucked Daehyun on his bed too. Suddenly something caught her attention, lying on the floor was a fake skull, the size of a fist.

"My... What a wonderful object just lying here..." Soojin smiled to herself.

She immediately bent next to it and cupped her hands around it. When she looked up she saw a plastic dismembered hand on the floor. She swiftly ran towards it and grabbed it too. When she shifted her gaze to the side, there was another object lying on the floor. It was Jason's mask from the movie Friday the 13th! She hastily held the mask to her chest. When she glanced at the hallway there were more horror things scattered around.

"There are so many lovely objects..." Soojin beamed to herself. "Is it really okay? I'm going to pick them up!"

She merrily took every single item dispersed there.

As she bent to take the last object (Freddy Kreuger's glove from the movie A Nightmare on Elm Street), she suddenly felt a massive butterfly net wrap around her. When she turned to look at the person who caught her, she was met by a blond guy squatting in the corner.

"Capture successful," Sehun smirked at her.

 


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Please subscribe, upvote and comment. Feedbacks are always appreciated. :D