Walk Away

This isn't who we are

Listen to: Walk Away by Jackie Boyz

Note: The pink lyrics portray Dara's feelings, and the blue portray Jiyong's feelings.


Jiyong's POV

"Ji...?"

I looked over my shoulder to see Dara at the bottom of the staircase still wearing her night gown, her hair a tousled mess as she blinked a couple of times to remove the remaining sleep from her eyes.

"Sorry, was I too loud?" I apologised.

"Oh.. no no, you weren't," she quickly refuted before a light blush coloured her pale cheeks. My brows furrowed slightly as I finally took notice of how pale she really was. She was a pale girl by nature, but this was two shades too light, was she not feeling well?

"Is everything okay?" I blurted out as I took a small step towards her, but something made me pause in my stride.

"Yes, I erm.. I just wanted to say thank you. For carrying me back to bed the other time.. I never got a chance to thank you," she thanked, even going as far as to give a small bow of her head. What was this? When had we become like this? As if we were just strangers? Husbands and wives... they don't bow to each other like strangers do. Marriage.. was love and friendship, where formalities and hierarchy wasn't necessary. Marriage was the union of two people as one. Two people as equals.

It had been just under three months since I had found her asleep in the guest room turned baby haven. I didn't know how I was supposed to act around her after uncovering her little secret. How she managed to even keep it a secret was a wonder. I don't know if it was a sub-conscious decision I had made, but I found myself pulling even further away from her. Waking up earlier than her, coming back later from work when I knew she'd be asleep and rarely staying home at weekends. All of my actions.. was it to get some space from her? I wasn't being fair to her and I knew that, but hadn't she been selfish enough for the past year? Was it so bad to want some reprieve from her?

I gave her a short nod before turning back around ready to leave and head to work when her soft voice stopped my movements.

"I.. You.. I guess you saw the room then," she whispered almost sheepishly. I turned to see her with her head down, her right hand grabbing onto her left arm as she continued to avoid my eyes. I could bet on my car that she was biting her lip in nervousness. It was a habit of hers that I used to find extremely endearing. I still did.

"Yeah."

She lifted her head slightly, worry reflecting in her brown orbs as she searched my own, "I.. I'm sorry I didn't tell you. It was just.. you've been really busy lately, I rarely have anytime to talk to you anymore and I just.. It helped me to relax."

I felt a fresh wave of guilt wash over me as her words sunk in. I would be an ignorant bastard if I didn't know that she had noticed my absence. Who wouldn't notice that their significant others presence was rarely around anymore? I used all my will to push the guilt down. It wasn't like I had intended to hurt her, I just.. I needed space.

She could fool a nation but she couldn't fool me. Yes, doing up the room probably did relax her, but it was mostly to create a baby haven for herself, where she could go and pretend everything was okay. It was a place for her to immerse herself into her dreams. Dreams.. that's what she would always say they were. Dreams. Wishes. Now.. I was beginning to wonder if it was becoming an obsession.

"Please don't be angry. I know I didn't ask you first but I just.. I.." she started to ramble in an attempt to explain herself. She had interpreted my silence as anger.

"It's okay. I don't mind. Do whatever you have to do," I cut her off, biting down on my lip straight after when my words came out harsher and colder than I had wanted or expected them to. If my words had hurt her, she didn't show it.

"If that's everything, I'm going to work," I announced, giving her another lingering gaze. It had been so long since I had really looked at her. Aside from the times where sleep evaded me and I would turn to see her peaceful face beside me. A beautiful face that appeared to be at peace.

"A-actually," she stuttered, taking a step towards and looking at me with wide hopeful eyes, "I'm going to visit Chaerin and Seungri again today. I still can't believe they're pregnant!"

I mentally grimaced as I heard her try to sound excited and happy when all I could see was frustration and pain in her eyes. This was the only topic that she couldn't hide her emotions. She was like an open book.

"I was wondering, if maybe.. if you weren't busy, we could go together? During lunch? We haven't been out on a lunch date in a while.." she trailed off as she searched my eyes, hoping to find the answer she wanted. Unfortunately, I just wasn't ready. I didn't want to stand there and watch as she pretended that none of this affected her. I didn't want to watch her emotionally full apart as she spoke giddily to her best friend. I didn't want to see her being truly happy and yet excruciatingly sad at the same time. Call me selfish, but I just couldn't.

You don't really gotta tell me he's gone
Cause I've been waiting here for so long
Now tell me baby, where you're going
And where we're gonna be, baby
Can't stand seeing you like this
How could you be so heartless
Now I think it's time to make a change

"I'm sorry. I'll be busy all day today. Please send them my regards and tell them... I'm happy for them, and that I'll visit again soon."

"A-actually.. it's not just that.. I was hoping that you would also come with me to see--"

"Sorry Dara, I have to go, I have an urgent meeting this morning," I cut her off before she could try to convince me otherwise. I my heels and exited the house, slamming the door behind me and making my way to my car, where I finally relaxed in my seat, letting out a deep sigh. I had to get out of there before I saw the hurt in her eyes again. Even if I close my eyes now.. I would see it. It was all I saw now, every time I looked. I used to love staring into her eyes that were so full of love that I could drown myself in them... but now... all I saw was nothing but pain and longing. Yes, I had lied. I wasn't busy at all today.

Said I'm never gonna change your ways
I guess I gotta walk away
Without you here
I don't wanna be the one to turn my back so easily
I'm sorry but I'm walking away
But I really gotta do this now before this love gets the best of me
I'm sorry but I'm walking away
Walk away,
Said I gotta go, said I gotta walk away
Walk away,

 

========

 

"Sir."

I looked up to see Sohee standing right in front of my desk, a medium sized brown paper bag in her hands and the usual friendly smile on her face.

"Yes?"

"It's lunch time," she started as she lifted up the bag in her hand, "Let's eat?"

/beep beep/

I held up my forefinger, "Hold on a second."

 

From: Seungri

Sent at: 13:06

Hyung! You and Dara are with Chaerin right? I can't seem to contact her. Can you tell her I'm really sorry but I'm stuck in an important meeting right now and I don't think I'll be able to make the doctors appointment with her. I've tried my best to leave but they won't let me.

 

My brows furrowed in disapproval as I read the message. If I was in his shoes I won't let anyone get in the way of me going to attend to my pregnant wife, or in his case, girlfriend. I would want to be at every doctor's appointment. It was these moments leading up to the birth that would be most memorable. Especially if it was your first child. Its those precious moments that you share with your partner, but who was I to judge? I'm sure Seungri would've tried his utmost to go; after all he really did love Chaerin.

 

From: Jiyong

Sent at: 13:11

Sorry Seungri, I'm not with her right now. Dara is though, I will tell her to let Chaerin know and that you'll try to come as soon as possible.

 

Before I could even have a chance to call Dara, my phone vibrated again.

 

From: Seungri

Sent at: 13:12

What?! You're not with them right now? Yah! Hyung! Why aren't you with Dara Noona right now? Is everything okay?

 

I smiled at I read the text. Seungri was always a worrier, constantly concerned about those around him, and would always do whatever it took to make them feel better. I bit my lip guiltily as I sent him a reassuring text back, telling him that I was 'busy'. The same lie I had told Dara. When had lying become a day-to-day normal thing for me to do?

"Sorry Sohee, I'll be just a minute," I apologised as I looked up to see her still standing in front of my desk expectantly. 

She smiled and waved me off, taking a seat on one of the chairs opposite my desk and began to pull out the contents from the bag she was holding. I turned my attention back to my phone, opening my favourites list and selecting Dara's name. It didn't take long before she picked up the phone; she rarely failed to answer a call.

"Hello? Jiyong?" her melodic voice greeted me with a hint of surprise.

"Hi, yeah it's me," I resisted the urge to pinch the bridge if my noses at how stupid I sounded. It had been so long since I had called her. I had barely talked to her face to face, let alone talk to her over the phone; I had almost forgot what it was like to do so. Of course she would know it was me. I was her husband for Pete's sake!

"Just calling to pass on a message from Seungri to Chaerin. He says he might not be able to make the doctors appointment, but he'll try his best to get there," I relayed the message.

There were sounds of shuffling before I heard Dara relay the message to Chaerin, the receiver picked up their faint voices.

"What?! Why not! Where is he?!"

"He's stuck in a meeting," I helpfully stated which Dara echoed back to Chaerin.

"What? No! This is our first appointment! He can't not come!"

"Erm.. I can try calling him?" I heard Dara say meekly.

"No. He won't pick up his phone in a meeting. What do I do? I don't want to go alone. I'm scared.. This is.. This is all new to me. Oh my god.. What do I do? Can I do this?" Chaerin began to panic.

"Shh, it's okay Chae. Everything is going to be okay. You'll be fine. Don't worry, there's no need to be scared, it's just going to be a check-up to make sure everything is okay," Dara's motherly voice cooed.

"What.. What if something's wrong Dara? I can't.. No.. I can't do this on my own. I-I need Seungri."

"Calm down Chaerin. You and the baby are going to be just fine. I'll come with you okay? I will try and get Seungri there as soon as possible. You won't be alone, you'll have me okay?" Dara reassured her.

Her words echoed in my mind, my body immediately straightened up as I blinked. She was going to go with Chaerin? No.. She.. Would she be able to handle it? Could she handle it? This.. This wasn't a good idea.

"Where and what time is the appointment?"

"Half past two, at Seoul hospital in the maternity ward."

There was a slight pause before Chaerin's worried yet gentle voice rang loud and clear in my ear, "Dara... I.. I really appreciate you wanting to come to support me, but maybe it's best if you didn't come, I was over reacting, I can do this myself."

It was clear her thoughts were aligned with mine. This wouldn't do Dara any good.  Being surrounded by women who were pregnant or in the process of giving birth... It would just hurt her to see so many people having what she so desperately wanted. She could just about handle being happy for her best friend, but could she be happy for everyone else when envy was coursing heavily through her veins? Would that tip her over the edge?

"No Chaerin. I insist. I'm not allowing you to go there on your own."

"But what if.."

"I'll be fine, don't worry about me," I could hear the smile in her voice, but it didn't take a genius to figure out that it was fake.

"But still..."

"Look, I'm coming whether you like it or not, at least till Seungri can come. This isn't something you should do alone Chae," she said with finality, her voice laced with sadness. I had become so used to hearing that voice now, that I no longer questioned what the reason was behind her sadness. It was obvious.

"Ah, Sorry Jiyong. I forgot you were here. I'll see you later-- I'll see you when I see you," she corrected herself before hanging up without another word.

I pulled the phone away from my ear and stared at it. It flashed showing the call had ended before my display picture of Dara and I appeared. Had it been so long since we had spent time together that she considered it routine now? A routine where we lived our lives as if we were nothing but strangers to each other who shared a house, and occasionally bumped into each other? My hand clenched tightly around the phone, eclipsing the photo of us. Who was to blame because of it? Was it my fault? Or was it hers? Would I have acted this way if it weren't for her?

"Mr Kwon, is everything okay?"

I snapped my head up to see Sohee looking at me with concern, "Do you need to be somewhere?"

I opened my mouth to reply when I paused. Why was it that the immediate answer that popped into my head was yes? I quickly closed my mouth and pasted on a forced smile as I shook my head, "No, I don't."

 

========

 

I blinked in surprise when I heard myself laugh. It sounded.. so foreign. It had been so long since I had laughed like this.. so long since I had been so free and.. light?

"Sir? Is everything okay?" Sohee asked, probably confused as to why I had abruptly stopped laughing.

"Ah.. nothing.. it's just, I feel.. free?" I said questioningly as I tilted my head.

She gave me a cheerful smile before standing to clear up our lunches, "That's good, but I think it's time to get back to work!"

I watched as she disposed of the remainder of our lunch before going over to her workstation and immediately settling down to work. It was strange really. I guess from having to put up a pretense in front of Dara when I was home, I had almost become like an open book at work. There was clearly something that Sohee had seen in me; otherwise she wouldn't be how she had been the past couple of months. I had never really paid much attention to her before. All I knew was that she was a hard-worker. That was all I needed to know, but lately, since I had been staying later at work she too began working longer hours. No matter how many times I would tell her not to work overtime she never listened and I had now given up on trying to make her go home. 

I wasn't oblivious. If I wasn't working late into the night she wouldn't be here either. I don't know why, but she had taken it upon herself to keep me company. She was the one who made sure I had my lunch, asked me how my meetings went... She was the one that did everything Dara was supposed to do.

I knew it was wrong of me, but I couldn't help but feel good that I was receiving this attention from her. It wasn't necessarily because it was her but rather the concept that someone actually cared enough to ask me how my day went or if I had eaten. It was simple questions but it showed someone cared... That someone was actually thinking about me. It had been so long since Dara had done any of these. Sure, just before our anniversary I used to get the odd text or call... but she rarely visited me at the office anymore, when she used to do so at least once a week and now.. Even the texts were rare.

Somewhere along the lines Sohee had become an integral part of my day. It had reached a point where I was expecting her to ask me those questions and she never failed to deliver. I had somehow managed to find solace in my secretary, something that I could no longer find in my wife.

Did this mean I no longer loved Dara? No. Did this mean I had developed feelings for Sohee? Absolutely not. As cruel as it sounded, all she could provide me was fleeting comfort. I don't know if anyone could ever provide me with the love that I craved. Only one person could give me that. My wife.

"Earth to Mr Kwon?" Sohee's joking voice broke through my thoughts, "Your phone keeps ringing."

I blinked and looked down to see I had a missed call from Seungri and he was now calling me again.

"Seungri?"

"Hyung! The meetings over, but now I'm stuck in traffic! Could you let Chaerin know I'll be there soon! Tell her to try and stall the appointment! I want to be there!" he said urgently, his voice serious.

Before I could say anything he abruptly hung up the phone, making me frown.

I sighed and shook my head before dialling Dara's number as I glanced at the clock. It was just turning quarter past two. I really hope Seungri makes it on time.

"I'm sorry, but the person you have called is not available, please leave a message after the tone."

I frowned as the automated message played before ending the call and trying once again.

"I'm sorry, but the person you have called is not available, please leave a message after the tone."

"Why is your phone off?" I muttered worriedly. Dara was never one to switch her phone off. She always had it with her and she always ensured it was fully charged in case of emergencies, so why was it off?

"Everything okay sir?"

"Yeah... I just can't seem to call my wife, she's at the hospital with a friend right now," I replied as Sohee gave me a thoughtful look.

"Hmm.. Maybe she turned it off? I mean you can't really use your phone in hospital right?" she suggested, "It seemed important Sir, maybe you should go? If anyone calls I'll say you're in a meeting. You're free the rest of the afternoon anyway."

Of course! She would've turned her phone of before she entered the hospital. I nodded more to myself than to Sohee before glancing at the clock again. Would I make it in time? I guess there was no harm in trying, besides, I had to tell Chaerin that Seungri was on his way and it wasn't like I could contact Dara.

"Alright, don't work overtime today, go home early okay? See you tomorrow," with that I left the office and headed towards Seoul Hospital, hoping against everything that when I got there, my wife would be okay, that she was coping there.

 

========

 

"Lee Chaerin? Has she already gone in?" I said in between my gasps. Although the hospital was close, the roads were unexpecedly busy; no wonder Seungri was having troubles getting anywhere.

"Are you her husband?"

"Oh no no, I'm a friend. My wife was with her. I just need to let her know her boyfriend will be here soon," I explained quickly as I tapped my fingers on the counter impatiently.

I blinked in confusion as I saw her give me a disapproving look before shaking her head, "Right, she's in room 245."

I gave her my thanks before making my way towards the room, slowing in my stride as I took in my surroundings. I hadn't really come to the maternity ward before. There were women dotted all around, some with partners, some with family members or friends and others without anyone.

"Oppa, I'm scared."

"Don't worry, there's no need to be scared. I'll be here with you every step of the way."

My lips curved into a small smile as I overheard the young couple to my right. Seeing so many couples who were all expecting, some happy, some anxious and some scared. A part of me felt happy for them.. but another part felt a pang of envy hit me, but I immediately stomped it down; now was not the time.

My smile dropped as my eyes took in the sight of the women without partners, some with their eyes cast down, some eyeing other couples enviously. One woman in particular caught my eye, her tummy was swollen, and it was clear she was in her late stages. Her appearance compared to the other women was stark. She looked pale, almost sickly; the glow that pregnancy usually provided had evaded her. An image of Dara's pale face this morning flashed in my mind, causing my brows to furrow.

"Miss Lee Ye Jin? The doctor is ready to see you," a nurse said.

I watched as the woman struggled to rise from her seat without any help, using her hand to support herself.

"Is there anyone here with you today Miss Lee? A husband? A partner?" the nurse asked as she scribbled on her clipboard.

Sadness flitted across her eyes as she shook her head, "No, it's just me."

"Will anyone be coming later? Family? Friends? Are you waiting for anyone?"

"No, no one is ever going to come," she said her voice filled with pain as she rubbed her stomach affectionately, "It's just us two hmm?"

I forced myself to look away from her, my hands clenching into fists. I can't even begin to comprehend how horrible it must be to go through all this alone. I didn't doubt how strong that woman must be. Chaerin's scared voice from the call earlier echoed in my mind. She must be just as frightened as any other mother to be, but she couldn't afford to let her fears get the better of her, because she had no one to lean on. She had no one to depend on but herself. How could anyone be so heartless as to abandon her?  Not just her but the unborn child? When they needed them most? How about when the child was born farther-less? How could someone be so cold hearted to do such a thing?

"Excuse me sir."

A nurse pushed past me, breaking through my reverie. I shook my head and made my way down the corridor to find room 245, finally stopping in front when I had reached it.

There, lying on the hospital bed was Chaerin, her shirt rolled up, her slightly protruding stomach covered in clear gel as the Doctor moved the transducer carefully around her stomach. Sitting beside her was Dara, holding her hand for support as they stared with wide-eyed wonder at a screen that the Doctor was pointing to.

My eyes fixated on my wife's face. Her face was a picture of joy, delight and wonder; her eyes shimmering with unshed tears of happiness. Her lips were stretched into the widest smile I had seen in what felt like years, but instead of feeling relieved at her happiness.. all I could feel was the painful beating of my heart. It hurt to see her happy like this. Happiness that didn't truly belong to her. All this.. all of it was just in the moment. A mere thirty minutes later, reality would come crashing down on her. She wasn't the one with child. She wasn't the one that would get to experience all the ups and downs of motherhood. She wasn't the one that would eventually go home with a little bundle in her arms. This.. this was just a slither of the experience she so craved. This must be close to torture for her, it was as if she was being teased.. the thing she wanted so badly was dangling just in front of her, but no matter how far she reached, she couldn't seem to grasp it.

"Excuse me? You are?"

"Jiyong? What are you doing here?" Dara met my gaze with surprise, the nurse having announced my presence, "Is everything okay? I thought you were busy?"

"Ah... Yeah.. I wasn't as busy I had thought," I told her truthfully before shifting my eyes to Chaerin who was still staring at the small ultrasound screen in awe, "Seungri said he's on his way."

She nodded to let me know she had heard, but didn't once take her eyes away from the screen.

"Jiyong.. come.. have a look," Dara's soft voice beckoned me over, her small hand outstretched towards me, the other still holding Chaerin's in support.

I stared at her, my eyes dropping to her outstretched hands, my legs moved on their own accord, bringing me to stand beside her, my hand easily slipping into hers. A small sigh of content left my lips as our fingers interlaced together. It felt like centuries since I had touched her, I didn't realise just how much I had craved her touch.

"Isn't it beautiful?" she uttered, her eyes once again fixed on the screen, her hand giving mine a small squeeze.

I tore my eyes away from her to stare at the ultrasound screen, the soft beating of the baby's heart reverberating around the room. It looked no bigger than a peanut; it was tiny. To think that a life was beginning to form before my very eyes.. it was incredible.

At that exact moment, as I held my wife's hand, I realised just how much I wanted this for us. It wasn't just her; I wanted this too. At that moment, for the first time in months, the both of us were on the same wavelength, sharing the same thoughts.

"I'm here! Chaerin! I'm here!"

We all turned to see Seungri panting as he gripped the doorframe, his hair a mess, his clothes rumpled. It looked as though he had just run a marathon just to get here.

"Is.. is that.. is that our.." he breathed out, his eyes wide as he slowly walked towards the bed, his eyes fixated on the screen. It was crazy how something so small was already capturing so many people's attention and heart's.

"Here, sit Seungri," Dara stood up from her seat and pulled Seungri, guiding him to sit down as he automatically replaced her hand with his in Chaerin's grasp.

I tugged at Dara's hand, before guiding her out the room to leave the couple some privacy. It didn't escape my notice how her eyes suddenly filled with longing as they lingered on the little screen. Her footsteps heavy, as if she was trying to prolong the experience before reality would hit her and her happiness would slip away.

We both hovered outside as we looked into the room, wishing it was us inside, but wishing and hoping never got us anywhere.

"Why? Why is it so hard for us to have that? Is it so much to ask for?" Dara asked quietly as she continued to stare longingly into the room, her hand coming up to press against her flat stomach.

"No, it isn't."

"Then why Jiyong? Why?! Why is life so unfair?!" she suddenly burst as she ripped her hand away from mine to point into the room, "That, in there, it's all I want! Why is it so hard?!"

I stayed silent as I watched her face contort into a mix of anger and pain that I had long anticipated, "I've never asked for anything! Nothing! All I want is this! Why can't I have it? What have I done wrong? Did I commit a crime? Tell me Jiyong!"

"No, you haven't." Have I ever committed a crime?

"Then why?! I don't understand! I just.. I don't understand.." she whispered brokenly as her eyes began to water, "What have I done wrong?"

"You haven't done anything wrong, nothing at all," I grabbed her hand and pulled her into my chest, one hand cradling the back of her head, the other wrapped around her waist protectively, "You could never do anything wrong."

My heart clenched painfully as I began to feel her tears soak through my shirt, her body shaking lightly against mine as she let her aggravation and anger out. I felt so helpless.

"I'm here Dara, everything is going to be okay, everything will be fine, everything will work out," I tried to reassure her, but my voice held no strength, no conviction. I wasn't just trying to reassure her.. but reassure myself too.

You say you ain't going nowhere
When you're next to me you're really not here


She pushed away from me slightly, her eyes showing flecks of resentment as she looked at me, "They're just words Jiyong! You say that but are you really here? No! You're never here anymore! You think I haven't noticed? I'm not stupid! Why do you keep avoiding me?!"

I stood there as I let her lash out at me, my arm still loosely around her waist as I looked down into her angered eyes.

"Why are you never around huh? Do you hate me? Is that it?" she suddenly said, her face dawning in realisation, "That's it... isn't it? You hate me don't you? You hate me because I can't give you something that everyone woman should! I'm a disgrace!"

Always blame, always make me feel ashamed
But you know it ain't the same thing now
Now all the pain you put me through
It's too much for me but nothing to you
You were my girl for me
Before I fall apart

She tried to take a step away from me but I tightened my hold on her waist, pulling her close to me, my eyes mirroring the anger in hers, "Don't you ever say that! I could never hate you Dara! How could you say that? You're my wife for Pete's sake!"

She let out a humourless laugh, "You don't hate me you say? I'm you're wife you say? Then where have you been the past months huh? I barely see you anymore! It's all work work work with you! When was the last time you came home early? The last time you greeted me with a kiss or a hug? The last time you held me close to you?"

Where is love?
Ain't gonna play no games
It's not the way it's supposed to be
No no no no oh oh
The way we touch
Though your body's close to me
I can feel your love walking away

I stared down at her in shock as I let her words sink in. Yes, I knew she had noticed my absence.. but I hadn't known it was affecting her this badly.

"Why must I be like this for you to take notice of me anymore? Why must I be in this state for you to actually show you care? For you to hold me like you used to? For you to give me reassuring words?" she asked bitterly, "I can't handle this pain anymore! It hurts Jiyong! Where have you been all these months when I needed you? When I needed you to comfort me?"

'Then what must I do in order for you to show your love and concern for me?' I thought as I searched her eyes that were swimming with so many emotions, hurt, pain, anger, resentment, longing and underlying grief. Why was it always me that had to yield? Why was it always me that had to be there for her? I wanted to be there for her, I did, but for what? To stand there and watch as she talked more lovingly about something that didn't exist yet over her own husband who was right beside her? She says she can't take the pain.. but what made her think that I could? Couldn't she see that I was just as hurt as she was? Why was she so blinded to my feelings?

"I'm sorry Dara," I sincerely apologised as I tightened my hold around her, pressing her quivering frame as close to me as possible as I savoured the feel of her body next to time. I really meant it. I loved her. I really loved her. She was my everything and it hurt me to know I was causing her to be hurt in such a way, but I don't know how much longer I could take it. I don't know how much longer I could tolerate this before I would be left with no choice but to walk away.

I don't wanna be the one to turn my back so easily
I'm sorry but I'm walking away
But I really gotta do this now before this love gets the best of me
I'm sorry but I'm walking away
Walk away
Said I gotta go, said I gotta walk away
Walk away,

I don't wanna be the one to turn my back so easily...


Author's Note:

Annyeong my lovely readers!

I'm sorry if the colours and the lyrics put you off, I wasn't too sure how to fit it into this chapter as I felt the song could be split to portray their contrasting feelings. The layout looks a bit odd as the lyrics were only used at the start and end, so apologies for that. This chapter is deifnitely alot longer than I had anticipated.. and i'm not too sure if i'm completely happy with it.. I just hope I managed to keep the feel of this chapter throughout it. Hope you enjoyed this chapter until next time! ^^

~Water Phoenix