CHAPTER 12

THIRTY EIGHT DAYS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twelve

 

HYOYEON

 

I don't know what to make of this. I need to pinch myself. Let’s get this right,

Taeyeon is a …

 

"!" he spat out in disbelief. Taeyeon frowned and sat there glaring at him. She simply nodded her lips pressed in a fine line.

 

The world wasn’t making sense, did it?

 

"But how?" he thought out loud. He couldn't control his curiosity he was in shock.

 

She isn't? Not Taeyeon. She isn't, it's not possible? She's … Taeyeon  beautiful and y as hell and… a .

 

"By not having ," she replied raising an eyebrow. He still couldn't believe she was talking to him after last night, let alone telling him her intimate details.

"But you were with him for a year or something?" disbelief was very clear in Hyoyeon’s voice.

"Doesn't mean we had ," Taeyeon shrugged as she picked at Hyoyeon's cupcakes and putting it in to chew.

“I uhh, don't understand, you're lying," raising his eyebrow at her.

"Why would I lie?" she asked with a short laugh.

"It's simple,” Taeyeon sighed. “I did not have , ever! Therefore I am one," she further added.

 

The feeling of relief was overtaking his body, he wasn’t sure if it was the fact that Taeyeon understood him or the fact that Onew wasn’t her first ual experience. He was thankful that he didn’t take that first experience away from her.

 

Am I simply just thinking this because she was a ? ... No, she deserved someone to love her, make tender love to her, and not sleep with her to conquer her. That’s what Taeyeon needed in her life.

 

It surprised him that he wasn’t even thinking about himself possibly being with Taeyeon in that intimate way. He could wish but he was never going to be worthy of her. The things that she deserved Hyoyeon couldn’t deliver. Taeyeon’s ity didn’t make her, he would care for her or not.

 

"Why are you telling me?" he asked assessing her. Taeyeon’s fingers tapped on the table, as she seemed to be gathering her thoughts. Her eyes looked up at his as she took a deep breath in.

"Because last night..." she started to reply but the look on her face was causing

 

Hyoyeon incredible discomfort. Last night was horrible for the both of them he didn’t want to let loose on her and throw statements that she didn’t deserve. She was the last person he wanted to hurt.

 

"I'm sorry," Hyoyeon let out in a remorseful sigh as he looked down at the table.

"Don't be,” Hyoyeon flinched at the sound of her easy forgiveness and looked up at her. “You were right except for the whole me and Onew sleeping with each other part."

 

Hyoyeon looked at Taeyeon with confusion etched on his face,

 "I was right?" he asked.

He sat there and stared at Taeyeon’s facial features, he never noticed it but she had a dimple on her chin.

 

It suited her.

 

"Look Hyoyeon, I hate that you were but I was foolish with Onew and last night I was foolish for thinking I could make him miss me. He has her. She's the substitute that outranked the original,” she explained, her fingers stopped their tapping.

"Don't!" Hyoyeon blurted out, she had to know she was worth it. Worth more than most men could give her. No one could ever outrank her. Onew was a foolish, and selfish bastard, he never deserved her. Hyoyeon had to tell Taeyeon of her worth.

"Don't you sell yourself short like that, Taeyeon! I want to explain myself," he said as the sound of the front door bell filled the store. He watched as Taeyeon’s face turn to the sound of them and let out a sigh.

"Later? Morning shift’s started," Taeyeon nodded at customers entering the store. He looked over at them and looked back to her with a smile across his face, he understood.

"I’ll wait," he replied as he settled in his seat a little for comfort.

"You'll wait?" she asked with a shock expression taking over her face.

"Yes, I came here to grovel and if it means waiting the day then, I’ll wait." He eyed her and watched as a short laugh escaped her lips.

"Grovel? I'd love that, but it's not necessary," Taeyeon said as she stood up and got out of her chair. She looked over at the crowd of customers and back at him.

"It gets busy on Wednesday. Are you sure you want to wait?" Taeyeon asked. She tightened the ties of her waist apron firmly, giving him a proper glimpse of the shape of her hips and waist.

 

"I’m more than happy to," he replied as he removed his eyes off her body. He would have to start reframing himself from staring at her like that. Hyoyeon didn’t want her to think that he only looked at her like that because she was a . He cared for Taeyeon, more than he was willing to comprehend or admit vocally.

 

Can’t look. Damn it, Hyoyeon! Just remember who she’s related to … your ing best friend!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hyoyeon was surprised at how busy the bakery could get. He had heard from his rowing partner that the place was the place to stay away from. Only because Donghae couldn’t control his sweet tooth and he didn’t want to add any more unnecessary weight when it came to rowing. Hyoyeon had waited three hours for Taeyeon, not that he was getting bored or tired. He liked to see Taeyeon sweep the loose strands of her hair behind her ear when it fell across her face.

 

There was something about the way Taeyeon looked when she served her customers: she was content. This is what she liked to do, it relaxed her and it made her happy. Her heart was in this bakery and it made him smile when she would look over to his table and smile at him, he would feel butterflies trying to escape his body, lifting him from his seat. A ridiculous and stupid feeling that overcame him but he couldn’t control himself.

 

His favourite part of waiting for her was that he could sit there and just stare at her beauty. And when she came by to give him his coffee and cupcakes, he smelt her floral perfume and the smell made him want to take her in his arms. The smell of magnolias and gardenias intoxicating him, enveloping his system he would never get over her smell. The smell of her was something he was going to want, for a long time to come.

 

She smelt as sweet as she actually was, damn!

 

For the past three hours he found himself being more and more drawn to her and it was excorticating for him to feel like this. She deserved someone else to have these feelings for her not him. The sight of her sitting in front of him woke him from his daydream. Hyoyeon watched as she sighed out and wiped her forehead she smiled that alluring smile at him, which confused him a little.

 

She should hate me? I don’t understand. But that damn smile! ing dangerous to any man!

 

“Why are you forgiving me?" Hyoyeon asked, preparing himself for the answers he wouldn’t like.

"Have I forgiven you?" she asked as she removed her apron and placed it on the table.

"Oh," Hyoyeon let out as he stared at her apron, when suddenly her laugh broke through to him.

 

"I'm kidding, Hyoyeon. I understand." The way her lips curved upwards made him alittle weak.

 

Those lips were a temptation that I’ll never taste.

 

"You do? Wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter