Home

What Was Thought to Never Be

Eun Hye’s alarm clock on her phone went off and “Doom Dada” started playing and last night’s events all came back. Eun Hye grumbled, “In Young I hate you.”

Eun Hye answers her phone, “Hey Ban Seok!”

“I am glad you made it home safely.”

“Thanks”

“What’s going on?”

“Nothing, just checking up on you. Seung Hyun said that you seemed a little zoned out yesterday, so I just wanted to make sure you were okay.”

“Well, I’ve got to go start my schedule soon, so can I call you later today?”

“That’s fine”

Eun Hye got dressed and waited for the car to arrive to take her to her Cartier photo shoot. She knew it was going to be long day. Afterwards, she planned on going to her mom and dad’s house for a good dinner.

 


 

“Eun Hye, it is so good to have you home,” Eun Hye’s Mom said.

“Umma, I missed you. Where is Appa?”

“He’s in the den.”

“How are you? Ban Seok said that you are finally looking for a potential husband?”

“Not a husband Omma, but a boyfriend. I just feel like I’m over immature men, I just want someone who is mature, understands the importance of a relationship, and who likes to do the same things as I do.”

“I’m so happy to hear that, now I can finally start setting you up.”

“Omma, I am not that desperate yet”

Eun Hye’s Dad walks in, “Eun Hye is not an ahjumma yet, so she still can choose the one she loves.”

Ban Seok, suddenly appears, and interjects “Yeah she was shouting it from the rooftops yesterday.”

Eun Hye retorts, “I am not afraid to hurt you.”

Ban Seok replies, “Whatever, I am on your side and diligently working to find you the perfect ‘mature male specimen’”

Eun Hye sighs, “Thanks. I can’t believe it has gotten to the point where even my brother pities me.”

Ban Seok responds, “You should come with me this weekend, I am going to a party in Jeju.”

“I love Jeju, but I am going to NY this weekend to do a Calvin Klein shoot.”

“That’s funny, Seung Hyun told me he was also going to do a Calvin Klein photo shoot this weekend.”

Eun Hye face palmed. Then she turned around and went up the stairs to her room at her parents’ house to make a phone call as if she was a pre-teen suffering from angst.

Eun Hye heard someone answer the phone and said sweetly, “In Young-ah?”

In Young replied, “Yes, Eun Hye.”

“Why am I doing a underwear shoot with Seung Hyun tomorrow.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, really. I mean he doesn’t have to be in underwear, just me”

 “Well TOP is the oldest Bigbang member, so go for it.”

“In Young, I don’t like TOP. In fact, he gets on my nerves. Think about my list: he is too handsome, dances weird, usually quiet, doesn’t sing, and is not older. He fails in every category, moreover he is pushy and stubborn.”

“So you’re not pushy and stubborn”

“No, I am. It’s just that I don’t want my mate to be like that.”

“Right. Well he could just be someone to get you into the game.”

“I don’t like him and then there is the fact that he barely got me home last night.”

“Barely got you home, he carried your shoes and purse all the way from the dance floor to your door. Or, at least that’s what Hyori said.”

“Ugh. That bag holding man.”

“It’s okay. Hyori didn’t say he went in your apartment, just that he dropped you off at your door.”

“Well I guess that makes it slightly better. Who else knows about this?”

“You know I heard from Hyori last night, because she called to ask me what was going on. Then I told Ban Seok, because neither you nor TOP answered your phone last night. Ban Seok probably told Minzy. Thus, all of YG basically knows…”

Great… well I don’t like him, so you’re right it will be fine. Everything is going to be fine! By the way, I’m also supposed to be going to an event where Jung Woo Sung is!”

“Isn’t he like 40?”

“I’ve I gotten to an age where age doesn’t matter.”

“Older and younger?”

“Only older.

“I guess.”

“Anyways, I am at my parent’s house and they will complain, if I am on the phone too long, because I’m not spending time with them.”

“Alright, have a good night. I’ll talk to you later.”

“Wait! Remember not to send me home with TOP ever again.”

“Okay I will always send you home with TOP.”

“Huh?”

“Seriously, because it makes you so uncomfortable, it means there is tension. You should try dating a younger guy once. And obviously, TOP thinks enough of you to get you home safely and not force his way in to your house.”

“That’s because he is friends with my brother.”

“Right, he left the party, took you home at midnight, and then called Ban Seok this morning to make sure someone would check on you after you got home, because he doesn’t like you”

“Wait how many times do you talk to Ban Seok in a day?”

Dial Tone. Eun Hye shouts, “Hello! Hello! Luckily, we’ve been friends long enough for her to hang up on me and for me not to get too upset.”

Knock Knock

Eun hye yells, “Come in!”

Ban Seok walks in and sits by Eun Hye on her bed. Ban Seok stares at Eun Hye and says, “So, Seung Hyun…”

“So Minzy…”

“So you like him then?”

“No, why would you think that?”

“Because, everyone knows I like Minzy. You replaced Seung Hyun’s name with Minzy to make me feel uncomfortable. So you must feel uncomfortable when I say his name.”

“Why are you so analytical? It’s not that I like him, it’s just that he is so irritating.”

“Why is he irritating?”

“I don’t know.”

“Are you going to sleep here tonight?”

“Might as well, it is getting late.”

“Great, let’s talk about how amazing Minzy is…”