First Date

What Was Thought to Never Be

#top #choiseunghyun #charisma #bigbang

 

Eun Hye rolls over to avoid the morning sun hitting her face, “Ugh it’s too early!” Knowing that she cannot avoid the sun forever, she checks her phone before she goes about her day. One missed call.

Eun Hye smiles, “It’s Seung Hyun. Should I make him wait longer before I call him back? Nope.” Eun Hye presses the call button.

Top, “Hey”

Giddy Eun Hye, “Hey”

“Well, you called me?”

“I’m just calling you back”.

“Oh, sorry that was an accident.”

“An accident?”

“Yeah, I accidently pressed your number.”

“Oh, well…”

“Well since you called… do you want to go to the movies?”

“The movies?”

“Yeah, I am free later today.”

“In public?”

“Yeah, just wear a hat.”

“I don’t think I can.”

“We’ll go outside the city, it will be fine.”

“Do you trust me?”

“No, but I’ll go to movies with you.”

“That’s all I wanted.”

Top gave her the address and said that he would meet her inside the theater.

Am I that easy? I never knew that I was this easy. Maybe I am just bored. I need something in my life to spice things up so why not?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Later that day

Manager Moon explained, “So, I brought over all of the scripts that I thought were possibilities…”

“Mmhmm.”

“And I think that the best one is the one where you turn in to a unicorn…”

“Right.”

“Except, instead of a bright happy ending, the unicorn dies and comes back to life as the man you loved in the past, so that you will always live within him”

“Wait, wah?”

“Eun Hye, why have you been so distracted lately?”

“I don’t know. But, can I ask you something?”

“What is it?”

“Do you like this outfit?”

“Yeah, it’s fine. I mean it’s your usual hobo/soho chic style”

“What does that mean?”

“I mean are you trying to impress anyone?”

“I am just trying to look cute today.”

“Right?”

“I mean Dispatch and Sports Seoul are getting so good these days. If they catch me, I want to be caught in a cute outfit.”

“Haha Eunhye, they only stakeout juicy information. You don’t have anything juicy going on?”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean you don’t have any secrets.”

“No?”

“Regardless, the public is not really interested in your outfit unless you show something. So, you shouldn’t worry about the media.”

“Oh, but do you think this outfit is cute or too hippie.”

“It’s too hippie”

“Okay, just give me a second, I have to change clothes.”

“Well hurry up. We are supposed to be at the office in 30 minutes for a meeting”

Eunhye put on a razored white tank top and some black jeans. She thought about putting on a colored bra and , but then changed to black instead. She then looked at herself in the mirror. Her expression said it all. To the point where she finally said aloud, “Don’t look at me like that!” She followed that with a “take that,” as she put on fuscia lipstick.

As soon as Eun Hye’s Manager saw Eun Hye, she started teasing, “Where are we going? Should I cancel the meeting?”

Eun Hye with innocent doe eyes said, “What on earth do you mean?”

“I mean your lipstick lets me know that we are not going to the meeting.”

“Well, I am going to meet up with some friends after the meeting.”

“Your friends normally have names?”

Eun Hye starts heading towards the door, “Come on. I don’t want to be late.”

I wonder how long I am going to be able to keep this up. Keep this up? What are you talking about keep this up? This is not even a relationship. You are acting like it’s a relationship. You are just having fun. I am just having fun. Just have fun.

OMG I forgot a hat. I forgot a hat. What should I do? If I tell my manager, she will know immediately. For example,

 “Moon, I need a hat.”

“What kind?”

“A baseball cap.”

“Wait, where are you going? And better yet, who are these friends?”

Yup, that’s me turning into dust.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

At the House Company

"Eun Hye! Eun Hye! Eun Hye!”

Is someone calling my name? LOL, the President of my agency. Look at him walking towards me with that baseball cap. It’s black and white with stars, how convenient.

“Yes President. You are really stylish today, but I think you could do without the baseball cap.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, I’ll hold onto it for you.” And before the President could even respond, the hat was firmly on Eun Hye’s head. Then, Eun Hye yelled, “Mirror check!” which was her queue to go to the ladies’ room to check out her updated look. “Ommo, hat is too big. Nonetheless, I guess no one will recognize me, since my eyes are almost covered.” 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Top: I’m here. Where are you?

Eun Hye: Parking now

Top: Okay, I am in seat T 20.

Eun Hye: Can’t wait to see the movie!

Top: What about me?

Eun Hye: Can’t wait to see you?

Top: No exclamation point?

Eun Hye: !

Top: :)  

As I walk into the movie theater, I see a guy in a grey hoodie with his hood up, sunglasses, and a weird smirk. He looks like a stalker. That man looks really scary. I am not sure if I should even stay in this theater. Meanwhile the previews for the movie start to play.

Eun Hye: Problem. I think there is a stalker in the theater. I will meet you outside. I don’t feel comfortable.

Top: Are you wearing a black and white cap with silver stars in the front?

Eun Hye: Yeah. Where are you?

Top: I am wearing a grey hoodie.

Eun hye begins to giggle uncontrollably. However, she calms down after several people shush her. Alas, Eun Hye pulls it together and makes her way into the seat next to Top

Eun Hye says, “Hey Stalker.”

 “Hey, Beautiful.” Top lifts the armrest in between them.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa!!!” replies Eun Hye as she moves the armrest back down.

Top gives her a puppy dog face and frown, but Eun Hye returns with a glare.

“Yeh. Mixed signals. You’re wearing a black bra.”

“Can’t I look cute?”

“You do look cute, but with that lipstick you mostly look y Yeh.”

“What is yeh?”

“That’s your nickname. I saw it online. I like it.”

“I didn’t say you could call me that.”

“It’s either that or Baby.”

“I guess I’ll go with Yeh. Um, are you stalking me online?”

“Shh! The movie is starting.”

I can’t believe I didn’t ask what movie we were going to see. I think we are watching a spoof of X-Men/Star Wars. At least the movie is cute. Aww look at Seung Hyun trying to reach for my hand. Moving my hand off the armrest. Got to play hard to get. Moving hand to lap. Oh no! Top’s hand moved to thigh. I am giving Top my best glare, but he is pretending like nothing is wrong and smiling at the screen. I remove Top’s hand from my thigh and then hold his hand on the armrest. He won. He’s starting to rub the back of my hand with his thumb. It’s so cute. He’s cute. He really won. Oh thank God for intermission.

Top puts his hood and shades back on. Then, Top says, “I’m going to get us some popcorn.”

“Ok.”

“I know you want me to stay, but I can’t go without my hand.”

I quickly let go of his hand and did my best fake smile. That was embarrassing. I’ll get over it, because it’s not like I really like him. He’s just fun.

Oooooh look at him smiling walking up the steps with a big bucket of popcorn and a drink with two straws. Adorbs. I am going to need a few moments to breathe. Break to ladies’ room.

Eun Hye squeaks, “I have to go the bathroom.”

Top says coolly, “Ok, I’ll be here.

By the time I come back to the theater, intermission is over. I sit down, but my elbow is still in search of the armrest. S.O.S. arm rest down. Next thing I know, Top’s arm is on my shoulder. My free hand grabs Top’s chin, so that he would  face me. I whisper “smooth.”

Top looks straight into Eun Hye’s eyes and says, “I know.” Then, gives her a peck on the lips.

Ahhhh. I am so outdone. I have to keep my feelings inside, because I don’t want to attract attention. But, I am a woman screaming for her life on the inside. Top starts rubbing my shoulder in an attempt to get me to relax. Eventually, it works and I start watching the movie again.

A few minutes later, Top whispers into Eun Hye’s ear, “I missed you.”