The Ride Home

What Was Thought to Never Be

So, I haven’t even gotten to the worst of it yet…

While I was walking out of the lounge with TOP’s arm around my shoulder, everyone was staring. He was doing it to help me walk out in these ridiculously high heels I was wearing. You know how high heels are cute at first, but by hour 4, every step can be painstaking, especially after dancing. However, the people who were staring didn’t know that. By this time, I passed several men who I could and would go out with. I didn’t want them to get confused. So, I started walking faster thinking that TOP would get the message that I no longer needed any help.

However, I didn’t see the step down and I lost my balance because the floor wasn’t where I though it would be. I just tripped, but the heel of my left shoe broke. TOP caught back up to me looking very concerned and asked, “Are you okay? Why were you walking so fast?”

I said, “I’m fine. I just really want to get out of here.” Next, I took off both of my shoes and continued walking, because there was NO way I was going to let TOP carry me out. I would lose all my potential suitors if that happened. I mean I am not going to deny that TOP is really handsome, thus intimidating. Therefore, if people thought we were together, then I would be off limits. So I thought ‘March On Eun Hye! Even on this dirty floor, even if you are tracking all kinds of bacteria, and even if you have to soak and scrub your feet for a couple of hours when you get home.’ Ugh, I just realized I forgot to keep my feet off the bed.

I had the look of determination in my eyes, but the looks I was receiving from others as I passed by were looks of bafflement. It got worse, when TOP, once again trying to help me, took the shoes from my hand as we were going up the modern grand staircase. If people didn’t think we were leaving together before, they definitely did now. I mean everyone knows what it means when a guy carries a girl’s stuff, especially the girly stuff like shoes, or even worse, a purse. In my mind I was like maybe they will just think that my feet hurt and I am going to sit down in the lounge area up stairs.

Midway up the stairs, I stopped and said, “You can just go ahead and get the car. I will fit the shoes in my bag.”

TOP said, “Okay.”

It seemed like being on the stairs was like being on stage, but I knew I could dispel any rumors if we parted on the stairs where everyone could see. Thus, I opened my bag and nodded for TOP to put the shoes in my bag. Then you know what happened, TOP closed the bag, took the handles from me and started carrying the bag up the steps, while I just stood there aghast. He took MY FREAKING BAG. When I zoned back in, I started noticing people were passing me by while I stood still on the staircase. Now, they started giving me half smiles. I kept my head down and finished walking up the steps.

Top was still standing in line waiting for the valet at the secret entrance with my bag in tow. I’m not going to lie, but TOP may want to look into being a man-bag model, but I digress. When the car came, the Valet gave TOP the key and opened my door. TOP promptly put my bag in the backseat and then went around the car to drive me home. Just when I thought everyone has seen us “going home together,” Seungri comes out of the lounge and runs up to the window and knocks. I roll down the window. Seungri looks at TOP and says, “Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do.”

In my head, I was like ‘Really Seungi, really,’ but what came out was “Seung hyun Drive.” TOP pushed to start.

 


 

­­­­­­Leaving Seungri in the dust, TOP laughed and said, “You know he is just joking right.”

I said, “I know”

“Because, you know you are not my type right?”

Flabbergasted, but not letting it show, I said, “Whatever.”

“I don’t like girls who don’t like handsome men.”

I was shocked, “If you were still 17, your ego and your body would be getting so bruised right now, but…”

“But, I am 27….  I have to make a stop.”

“A stop?”

“Yes, a stop, because I did not know I would have to drive you home tonight. I have to pick up something.”

“Okay, can we just make it quick?” There was no response from TOP. I thought I was pushing it, so I settled down. I did not want to get into another back and forth with stubborn TOP today.

All at once, I started looking back outside, the car stopped, TOP left me in the car, and I was outside a convenience store. That’s right a convenience store. This ride home could not get any worse. I hope no one was following us, because putting 2+2 together this could look very bad. Although, it seems that TOP did not have a care in the world. TOP came back in the car with a bag and handed it to me. I looked inside and there was a rabbit; a wine bottle opener/aerator.

I looked at him and said, “We stopped for a rabbit?”

“Yes, Omma is coming over tomorrow to make me brunch, I broke my wine opener, and she likes mimosas.”

“Oh, that sounds nice…” Trying to change the conversation, “Oh, is that ‘ringa linga?’” I turn up his radio and start singing without a care.

TOP looking highly annoyed after the song is over asks, “Have you heard my new song?”

“Of course”

“Well what do you think?”

“It’s good”

“Just good”

 “Correction, just really good.”

“But not great?”

“Not so much.”

“I can’t believe you just said that to me.”

“Whatever, it was better than 99% of the songs that idols produce today, so that’s really good.”

“I’m a rapper and a good one at that.”

“You are a good rapper, that just wasn’t my favorite song from you.”

“What’s your favorite song?”

“Turn It Up”

“That was like 4 years ago.”

“And, I like the beat.”

“The beat, what about my lyrics.”

“The lyrics are fun; they talk about how great you are and how you are a player. Regardless, I love the song.”

“It’s a song Eun Hye.”

“Yeah, you know I had a few glasses of truth serum tonight. So, I’ll just admit I like ‘Turn It Up’ more than ‘Doom Dada.’”

“Well I liked ‘Coffee Prince’ more than ‘Missing You.’”

“They’re different.”

“Why can’t my songs be different?”

“I don’t know, they just can’t.”

“I should kick you out the car”.

“You won’t.”

“Why won’t I?”

“I’m Yoon Eun Hye.”

“So what Eun Hye, I’m T.O.P.”

“I deserve some respect, because I am older than you. Call me Noona.”

“No”

“Call me a cab”

“No, because there would be too many questions and we are already at your apartment.”

I stop facing TOP and look ahead realizing we are at the gate for my parking garage. He starts punching in the pin to get in. I stop him and ask, “How did he get the code for my apartment building?”

“Your brother texted it to me while I was in the convenience store. I guess he was afraid that you would not be awake when we made it to the building. I think he knows that when you drink, you just fall asleep.”

“Is it that bad, where everyone knows?”

“He also probably knows that when you are sleepy, you get stubborn.”

“Me, stubborn?” As the car stops outside the entrance to the elevator, I jump out the car and hit the button going up.

Lee Hyori comes out of the elevator. I quickly say “Hi Unnie!” Then, I jump in and press 7. Thinking that was the end of the night, I reach my floor, but soon realize I don’t have keys. The keys are in my bag and with my notorious bag holder. The elevator dings and here comes TOP.

Top smirks, “Here is your bag. Hyori told me your apartment number”

“Thanks”

Then, he watches me struggle to get the key into the lock. Once I open the door, he walks away and says “Goodnight.”

Thus, here I am face down in my bed.