A Momentary Existence

The Things About Us (One-Shot Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Prompt by: JessRa (Personal)

Based on the song "Everybody's Changing" by Keane

 

 

A Momentary Existence

So little time
Try to understand that I'm
Trying to make a move just to stay in the game
I try to stay awake and remember my name
But everybody's changing
And I don't feel the same 

 

Suddenly I see you and your reality gives form to this volatile existence of mine. You look tired; your eyes sometimes fall to the floor or to your hands beneath the table as if they feel tired of gazing to empty places. Sometimes I think you still can’t understand how cycles are part of everyone’s life. How things are made to have a start and have an end and the fact one is less painful than the other doesn’t make one less beautiful than the other. And if I get a bit closer to your heart I can almost hear your thoughts and your pupils beaming with unanswered questions.

“The world is too big now,” you say to me staring at the empty space behind the window of the restaurant, “What am I supposed to do with all this?”

I smile. It is always the same question the one you use to welcome me. Always complaining about this immense Earth. And I try to answer with the best idea I can think of because actually, you are right but you don’t need my compliance but my scolding. You always do.

“The world is made for sharing. Is not only yours,” I say but you ignore my answer as always.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter