You Are My Heaven

The Things About Us (One-Shot Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Requester: lemonicedtea

Prompt: A Drop in the Ocean - Ron Pope

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Spring


I placed my hands behind my back in shame and stared, stepping backward, at the little guy in front of me.  His hands were stained with dust and dirt, and some stones were encrusted on the surface of his pale skin. The wounds in his hands looked painful and yet he kept smiling at me, as though he was grateful of being pushed onto the floor by me.

He blurted out his name in excitement and shook his hand with me, with an overwhelming confidence. And then, something happened inside of me: I felt the heat of his soft skin melt the coldness inside my heart.

That spring was different from the ones I had lived before. The frozen drops over the trees, the white frost sparkled over the grass, all of it melted too quickly. When he walked with his feet over the white snow, or when he looked with those beaming eyes at the white covered threes, every single time, the snow disappeared. It was his innocence, it was the sincerity of his movements, or the hope inside his eyes, his presence, everything made it better. He turned himself into the spring of my life.

He held my hand with strength and led me through the colorful woods. “Seungri” was the name that filled with colors the always-dull horizon in front of me. New and brilliant colors painted my present and my future. It was a renewal.

Slowly, unhurriedly, at the same time as the floral buds surrounding us, one strong feeling started growing inside my heart: one love, one inspiration, one time.

I spent that spring exploring every inch of his face with my inexperienced hands, taking all the warmth I could from his smile, trembling when I listened to my name murmured by his beautiful lips: “Jiyong hyung”.

We ran free like two unchained souls. Growing older: our thoughts, our experiences, our height and our age, but always together. It was the spring of our lives, the time we met, the time we interlaced our lives: we bloomed like two strong trees sharing the same roots.

That spring I held him closer than most. I was happy to have found the reason of my life.

 

Summer

It's not for nothing that they called summer the warmest of four seasons. He looked at the ring between my fingers, at the silly image of myself kneeling in front of him.

“Marry me, Seungri,” I asked him and I didn’t need to listen to his answer. All I needed was his tears of happiness. Those tears that rolled over his cheeks were enough to enlighten my life with the strongest joy.

I was so grateful, I felt fortunate. Every day, every single morning I was able to wake up with the sun rays caressing my face. And every time I would open my eyes and encounter the splendor of the sun in front of me: a sun with a pair of brown eyes, full lips, and a tender smile. My own personal sun, one that had a name: Seungri.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter