Moment of Truth

The Things About Us (One-Shot Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prompt by: JessRa (Personal)

Based on the MOTTE concept of Kwon Jiyong's tour 

 

Who is Kwon Jiyong to you?

A question that could be answered in many ways. But only one really mattered.

 

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” 
― George Orwell

 

The questions had started once the video was over. Why weren’t all the members there? It was easier to answer it when you focused on Choi Seunghyun’s absence. The reason was near the surface, the answers were easier to find. But not for Seungri. Which led to a multiple of speculations around the lack of a message from someone who overall you would have thought was, at least, close enough to be there, on the screen. Jiyong laughed at all of it. It was amusing how close and yet so away from the truth most of them were when it was related to them.

He saw the screen lit up from the backstage. The screams of multiple of fans, the blinding lights of thousands of lightsticks all sparkling at the same time. The face of his friends and parents appeared one after the other. All of them answering the same two questions.

Who is Gdragon to you?

Who is Kwon Jiyong to you?

Even his own father had seemed appalled when he was asked the second question. For most of them, the difference was not relevant, and Jiyong appreciated them for it. They had treated them equally since the beginning. Then why was he asking such a question? The fans had thought he was dealing with identity problems, that he had trouble dealing with fame. That was not the truth. The two questions had been created and crafted to reveal something beyond himself. They were there to show the most important truth he had to give, so far.

The concert started with a feel of finality. The last of these many concerts. Finally, the last piece would be shown, the last pie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter