Meeting 5 - My 'effing house!

Love Teacher!

Kim Jaejoong returned my beloved McCartney snowglobe and continued to desperately beg for my friendship. 

I would still shudder at the thought of our first encounter.

But as summer ended with absolute no communication with him I began to feel uneasy, almost anxious.
I am not desperate. I must not succumb to this meaningless not-friendship with stupid Kim Jaejoong. Boo. 

I must've done something?
I looked at my phone. Inbox empty. 
'Stupid, stupid Nara!' My thoughts were flying as I banged my forehead against my terribly cold desk numerous times mumbling "Babo...babo..." It was the first day of school and I was already depressed.
"Yah! Woo Nara, get a grip on yourself!" My best friend Heechul gripped me tightly on the shoulders as he shook me vigorously. "Honestly, he might be busy but- wait a minute, why do you care so much? You don't have a crush, do you?" Heechul giggled. "Prince Woo Nara with a heart as hard as my glutes which I do work extra hard on, has a crush? Ooh!" He dramatically explained. 
"Heechul?"
"Yes?"
"Piss off."

Heechul gave me a look and latched onto my back in an affectionate attempt to hug me. After struggling I surrendered to the hugging attack. Suddenly he backed away and flipped his hair "Hey there, Kyuhyun", he seductively greeted and winked. Tssk. What a diva.

"But you're wrong, O great Hee-nim." I said. "Woo Nara does not have "crushes" okay? She has love for Paul McCartney and John Lennon but thats about it, alright?" I put my hands on my hips.
"Once again, remember, Paul McCartney is 72! 
Now, there's a group date this weekend..."



/Later on that week...

Finally schools' over! Lazy lie-in weekend here I come!
I slowly walked out of the gate - nearly crawled, actually. Tiredness creeped up in my face. I knew I looked like a right mess. I climbed and sat on the bus by myself, cosying into the seat. Not the most comfortable but hell I was tired! I rested my head against the window thinking deeply about what my dear Heechul oppa explained to me earlier that week. I. do. nothave. a. crush! I swallowed vomit just at the thought of having a crush on him. Eww.

I sighed happily as I opened the front gate of our house - "Eomma!" I shouted as I hung up my black backpack on the metal hooks on the wall beside the door. Our house was decent, two bedrooms - a busy, monochromatic home. We weren't the richest however being grateful was what I was always taught in my family. I lazily walked into the kitchen and grabbed myself a carton of milk (I think my obsession is evident so far). I heard light, pitter-patter footsteps. 

"Unnie! Unnie! Eomma and Appa are speaking to this really cool-looking ahjussi!" My eight-year-old sister, Naeun exclaimed in a hushed tone. Cool-looking ahjussi? Pfft. "What d'ya mean?" I asked as I drank my milk.

She dragged me to the corner of the white living room door; we peeked in. 
I could not believe what my eyes were seeing.
LOVER BOY! 
Kim-ing-Jaejoong was in my living room.

I swear, I choked on my milk.

Oh my goodness, oh my soul! 
Millions of thoughts were running through my head at this moment. 'Is he stalking me? Stay calm, Nara - Stay calm. Do not panic, I repeat, Do. NOT. PANIC!
"OH MY GOSH!" I shrieked. Whoops, too late.


He looked up at me and let out a loud gasp as he stood up taken aback. He pointed with a face of horror. "Y-y-y-you?" He stuttered in shock as he pointed. Along came a rush of awkward silence. Crickets would be convenient at this moment.

Appa's face was a look of awe. Naeun held in her laughter. Eomma was just straight up confused.
"You two know each other?" Eomma broke the silence.
"Yeah! We met in the, erm, park " Jaejoong answered.
"Park? Nara have you been cycling to the park at wee hours in the morning again?!" 
"No, eomma..."
"Aigoo...Nara, Jaejoong is the son of an old friend of mine, aren't you? Anyways, this is my daughter, Nara."

Jaejoong and I bowed at each other - still wondering what in the world was going on.

"Nice to see you again, uhh, Nara."

"Erm, can you come out here for a sec?" I meekly replied. Jaejoong followed me into the hall by the staircase as I gave my parents a quick smile as I closed the living room door. He gazed at my cream-coloured uniform and his eyes widened.

"YAH! You're a student?!" He angrily whispered.
"And you're not?" I raised my eyebrows.
"Eh? I thought you were at least 18!"
18? God, I'm only a 16 year kid..."Whaaaa? How old are you then?"
"22."
"22? Wow, Naeun was right, you really are an ahjusshi!"
"So the "cool looking ahjusshi" was me?" and he giggled. His mood swings were...peculiar. "Oh crap. So I've been interacting with-with-with ?!" He shouted and at this point his lip was quivering as his cheeks flushed a light shade of pink.

"Errr..."

"I need an explanation, Nara!" Jaejoong pouted.
"I'm shocked too, you know! I guess its' cos' y'know...we never really talked about that kinda stuff" I told him in a matter-of-factly tone. 
"You're right! Its' okay, cos' you're my friend!" His mood drastically changed again as he grinned at me and giggled.

'Boy, Jaejoong is not sane at all' I thought to myself.

"And we are not friends!" 

"Of course we are, Nara!"