Meeting 2 - The Coffee Shop

Love Teacher!

Meeting 2 - The Coffee Shop

I was grounded for a whole week..I would say it wasn’t my fault but I got into a heated spat with one of our neighbours; which eventually ended up with him recieving a black eye. Yes, he felt the incandescent wrath of Woo Nara.

 

I was finally released on bail after cleaning the dishes, mopping up the floors (my tears must've landed somewhere) and wiping the countertops for my 7 day sentence. So I headed over to the only cafe in town which I liked, it was a jazz cafe dressed in an alarming shade of pink a few blocks away from my house.

"Hey Nara, the usual?"

"Yes please" I nodded as I waited for my milk. "That'll be 2,50"

After paying for my drink I walked to my usual table; in the corner of the cafe shying away from the rushing, nearly dancing waiters and slurping of teas and coffees. I looked out of the window to see busy busy Sinchon - or not; our neighbourhood is one of the smallest towns in Seoul city which is what I liked about it - everyone knew each other. It was not as extravagant as Seoul but still had that spark of adventure - we were very well known for our woodlands.

I groaned to myself thinking in anticipation of the start of the new school year. I was now starting my last year of high school with only 2 weeks left to waste sitting at home, watching dramas and eating ice-cream before I have to say hello to my school books again.

Hmm...now where is Heechul?

 

I diligently worked on finishing my milk as I waited for the one and only divalicious Heechul - my best friend. Or as he would say "BFFLs! (Best friends for life!)"

Yeah, he's a pretentious fool like that.

Me and Heechul have been best friends since like...ever? It all started way back when we were in Kindergarten, yes, we bonded from the moment we figured out the fascination of finger painting. We're the closest you can get! I mean, Heechul knows all about the weird birthmark on my (I may have shown him once or twice when we were little...) and I was the first person he came out as gay to in middle school - but if I say so myself it wasn't much of a surprise...
 

"HEY GIRL HEY!" I heard an obnoxiously loud voice obviously coming from the queenka himself Kim Heechul.

"'Ey there, my little crackerdoodle." I greeted him as I slurped the remaining of my beverage. "Looks like you're a bit late.."

"Excuuuuse me! It took me a very long time to put this outfit together!" Heechul pointed to his shiny oxfords. "Hm, I see the very extraordinary Woo Nara in her natural habitat as she slurps on her milk like a lost kitten...or a weirdo depends if you're into kitties..-"

"Yeah, yeah. Sit your down and I'll show you it"

"By it ya don't mean..." Heechul questioningly drawled out.

"Oh gosh no! Dude! The snowglobe, Heechul! The one I've been waiting to go on sale fer' like 100 years?"

"Ohh right." He smiled sheepishly as he scratched his head. Its' a good thing he's pretty.
 

I reached out into the shopping bag by my leg and placed it onto the table. It was beautiful or should I say he was beautiful. His mesmerising iridescent eyes, his thin lips in a pout...it was a snowglobe which glimmered with pale flakes surrounding the pixel perfect image of Paul McCartney. I lifted it up to plant a soft kiss on the smooth glass. "Give it up girl." Heechul ruined my moment. "Just remember, mans' in his 70s ATM."

 

"ATM?"

 

"At The Moment? Keep up, will ya?"

"Yeah and as if you can justify your crush on Bae Yong Joon."

 

"42 isn't as old as 72 but...touche, girl!"

 

"Haha. Now go ahead and order something; I know how you are when you start shopping on an empty stomach." I chuckled.

 

"Okay, but you have to let me tell you ALL about my date with Siwon!"

 

I nodded as I watched Heechul strut to the counter and bat his eyelashes at the waiter.

 

 


 

"And so I was like "Siwon-sshi, you don't need to always treat me with such expensive restaurants!" and Heechul looked at me in the eyes, held my hand demonstrating"You deserve only the best and as a gentleman this is the best I can give you." I just about melted right on the spot!" Heechul babbled as we were walking out of the shop. "He is literally the sweetest ever! I swear, Nara I'll find you a straight one just like hi-"

"Woah!" I bellowed as I bumped into a large broad chest and saw hot chocolate splash onto my shirt and felt my shopping bag slip from my fingers; I winced at the sound of glass hitting the floor.

"I am so sorry!" The man apologized for bumping into me. "Let me pay for your shirt."
 

I bent down to check on the snowglobe that I knew dropped. It was shattered into pieces. "My snowglobe." I mumbled as I bent down to pick it up but one of the waiters came over to sweep it up. I looked up to see a familiar face. "Oh man, its you?!"

"I knew I recognized you! And I'm sorry! It was an accident, I didn't see ya there." The guy replied.

I was beyond angry and this guys' stupid face was making everything worse. He looked down at his ringing phone and apologized again "I'm sorry, heres my number, I've gotta go. Call me for the dry cleaning, okay?" He said as he quickly scribbled his number on his napkin, hurriedly passed it to me and briskly walked away.

Grr!

You're gonna regret it, lover boy.