Fill in the Blank

Oh, the Heart's Content...

Sehun stood still, unable to move as he clenched his fists. Biting his lips in fear, his eyes darted from one place to another, following the sound of footsteps running from one corner to the other. However, he could not see anything, but he could hear. The tapping of feet on the cold, hard floor, the humming of that sweet melodic, demonic voice, and suddenly a piercing scream.

Eyes widened as he recognized that scream.

Luhan...

"Who are you?" He questioned in the darkness, looking side to side for anything but the pitch black. The only reason he knew he was still alive was because he still had his source of light.

Play the game, Sehun

"Why are you doing this?" He continued to ask, his voice getting more aggressive.

Just play the game...

"I don't want to play your stupid games!" He exclaimed to particularly no one.

It was quiet. No more footsteps, no more humming. Just dead silence. As he took a step forward, his footsteps echoed throughout the vicinity. He reached out, trying to grasp something, anything, but there was nothing. 

You don't have a choice

As silence crept in, Sehun grew small, but he dared not to break down now. He continued walking towards nowhere in particular until something luminated in front of him. A door down the hallway. His instincts told him to stay away, but what else can he do? That might be his only way out of this hell. Taking a deep breath, he approached it.

With each step, the voice played a song.

One, two,

You don't have a clue

He ignored it as he made his way towards the door. However, it continued to sing.

Three, four,

How much I want more

Shaking his head to block out the noise, he made a run for it.

Five, six,

I played my tricks

However, Sehun halted suddenly when he heard the set of footsteps directly behind him. Silence, once again. He took a step forward.

Seven

And the next step following after.

Eight

The voice came from directly behind him. As he slowly turned his head, his heart increased pace. The blood pumped wildly in through the arteries and out through the ventricles. Though he did not turn his head far enough to show his eyes to the perpetrator, he could see a pair of feet. Bare feet in his peripheral vision. He took another step forward.

Oh, so much hate

He questioned his sanity. There was no way this could occur. SM would never allow this to happen. A complete blackout? Where is everyone? Where is security? What the hell was going on? The feet behind him follow his pursuit and took a step forward as well. Sehun gulped the saliva stuck at his throat and looked forward. The door was only a couple steps ahead before his reach. He took a deep breath. Slapped himself, even, to make sure this wasn't a dream. But it was very real. The pain of the slap was lingering on his face. He shook off the pain as he intook another breath. And with that he sprinted for the door.

But, before he could reach it, something stood in his way. 

Nine, ten

A girl finished the count down as she stood there with her hair running down her face as she looked down, her face still not revealed. She waited, calmly, without any hesitation or movement. Sehun decided to screw it. To run for it. To run into her if he had to. He wasn't stopping.

Never again.

She looked up but before he could see her face, everything grew bright, ceasing all movement as Sehun stood to cover half his face with his hand and squinted to look forward into the sudden ray of light. Reaching out, Sehun finally d his hands around what felt like a door knob. Without hesitation, he turned the knob and opened the door. Light faded and things were brought back to the dark.

Sehun fell to his knees at the sudden sight in front of him. As if all reality distorted, nothing was logical anymore. 

There is no end...

There, Luhan sat in an encased glass case. As soon as he saw Sehun, his eyes widened and he screamed out, but nothing was heard. Sehun crawled over to the case, his stare brooding as he looked into Luhan's eyes. Fear. Fear claimed him. Sehun looked around but again, there was nothing but him and Luhan. He pressed his hand against the glass, in which Luhan did the same, and their hands aligned.

"I'll get you out," Sehun emphasized, "Hyung, I'll get you out. Just, hang in there."

Though he wasn't sure Luhan could hear, the other displayed a soft smile, a bit more relaxed. Catching them off guard, water was released from the top, soaking Luhan and filling the case slowly. Fear claimed the both of them and in desperation, Luhan banged and the glass, and in panic Sehun looked around for something, anything to break the glass. The water slowly reached his ankles and if they don't get him out, Luhan might drown. As his eyes darted around the darkness, they landed upon that same girl, who stood in the distance, watching the two in panic. 

Sehun ran to reach out for her, but she was no longer there. She was behind him. Immediately, he turned, and she remained unfazed. "Let him go. He didn't do anything. It's me you want, not him," Sehun began has he gripped her shoulders. Her skin was ice cold and she simply stood with her long hair down her face. "LET HIM GO!" he spat out as he shook her by the shoulders, but she stood quiet, without acknowledging his request. Instead, she turned her head and pointed to something; a wall. On it was a couple of words. Not just any words, the words to the song.

Play the game...

Her voice echoed throughout the darkness. 

Play the game. You can only win in this game...but time is limited.

As she turned to look at Luhan, the water level was just below his waist. Sehun gripped hard at her shoulders, trying to snap this girl out of it.

"Stop it. Please just stop!" He cried as he couldn't hold on anymore. He fell to the floor, tears streaming down.

Time is wasted. Hurry.

With that, she was no longer in front of him. She was gone.

Sehun crawled up to the wall, his legs gave out and he wasn't able to stand as of right now from shock. Hands shaking, he stared at the wall.

One, two, _____________________________.
Three, four, ____________________________.
Five, Six, _____________________________.
Seven, Eight, ___________________________.
Nine, ten, _____________________________.

Written in red on the white wall, the lyrics were engraved with the following blanks. He tried hard to remember the lyrics, as they were different from the songs he had heard in his childhood years.

He looked over at Luhan, water filled up just below his shoulders. Luhan kept banging on the glass in fear. He didn't want to die. He wasn't ready to die just yet. Sehun turned his attention back to the wall and closed his eyes, trying to think back to the song.

"One, two..." He sang in his sing-song voice. "What rhymed with two..."

Clue

He thought out and he tried to think back. "Clue...clue...clue..." he repeated, trying really hard to remember. "You don't have a clue!"

Nothing happened, but he didn't waste time and moved on. "Three, four..." Closing his eyes, he realized at that time he was scared. Scared that he wasn't going to make it out. He looked at Luhan and the water was just under his chin. "Come on, Sehun, THINK!" He pushed himself. "Four...four...shut the door...no that wasn't it...what the !" He ran his hand through his hair as he struggled. "Four...more...how much...I want more..."

"Five, six..." he continued without a second thought. "Pick up sticks...it's the original lyrics..." The pressure was on him as he desperately searched his memory for the words. "Six...Six...Five, Six...I p-played? I PLAYED MY TRICKS!"

The banging behind him became desperate and when he saw Luhan, he was fully emerged in water. There wasn't time...

Seven, Eight...Seven, Eight...

"One two, you don't have a clue. Three, four, How much I want more. Five, Six, I played my tricks...Seven Eight..." Sehun sang out loud to get the rhythm but he was stuck once more. Ignoring Luhan for a moment, Sehun dug threw his brain in search of the words. "Hate...hate...s-so much hate....Oh, so much hate."

Nine, ten, never again.

"Nine, ten, never again."

Sehun looked over at Luhan, who remained lifeless in the water. His breath becoming uneven, he got up to his feet and ran to the case, banging on it, trying anything and everything to get the elder's attention. However, Luhan just floated, and there was nothing happening. He still wasn't free. 

"One, two..you don't have a clue," Sehun whispered, "Three, four, how much I want more..." He banged on the glass as his voice grew louder, "five, six, I played my tricks. Seven, eight, oh so much hate!" Tears streamed down his face once more as he leaned his back against the case, "Nine, ten..." he uttered out, "Never again".

A crack was heard. Then another. And soon the glass case was stained on all sides before the glass shattered an opening to allow the water to flow out. Luhan's body drifted with the water and Sehun caught him, laying him flat on his back.

"Hyung! Hyung! Luhan hyung!" He pleaded for the older to wake up, but Luhan only layed heavy and lifeless. "Hyung! D-D-Don't do this to me! Get up...get up!"

Pressing down on his chest, Sehun attempted CPR. Pinching his nose, Sehun breathed out through Luhan's mouth to give him his share of air. He proceeded this process, over and over.

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10......30

He reached down and exchanged his share of oxygen. Sehun started smacking at Luhan's chest out of frustration. "Hyung!" He cried out. "Hyung...I'm sorry. I'm so sorry..." He dropped his body over the lifeless one and uncontrollable sobs were heard. However, Luhan just laid there, nothing more than a corpse now.. 



Ah...okay. I updated. Finally. And this time it's a bit longer to make up for the shorter chapter. Hope this was good enough. Don't kill me! I warned you that there would be character death >.< anyways, hope you enjoyed. Please do comment. Thank you!