Unknown Voices

Oh, the Heart's Content...

Eyes drooping with the bags under his eyes becoming much more prominent, Sehun leaned back in his seat as the van filled with K members pulled out into the crowded streets of Seoul.

            Knock Knock!

A piercing throb hit his head, making the young member wince at the sudden pain. Massaging the side of his head by pressing his fingers into the region of pain, Sehun let out a soft groan of frustration.

            Knock knock! Knock Knock! Knock Knock!

Loud banging awoke him from his short nap as he stared into a random fangirl’s face that was smashed against the window. Sehun’s eyes widened as the fan, disregarding the fact that there was a glass barrier and that Sehun was staring directly at her, still continued to bang on the window as hard and as loud as she could. He could have sworn that a teasing smile played the girl’s lips before she finally peeled herself off the window.

She just stood there, a bit too composed amongst the other screaming fans surrounding the van.  As if time had stopped between the two bodies, Sehun found himself staring directly at her receding figure as she continued to stare back at him. Her long black hair swept down to her chest, unmoving, just frozen like her composed self. 

Sehun finally tore his gaze away from her as he faced forward and relaxed in his seat. The drive to the studio was smooth after the initial clamor. But Sehun fixed his eyes on a distant figure ahead of the van. She stood boldly, head down and arms out wide in an attempt to stop the van. The van approached her at a constant speed, but neither budged. The girl remained where she was and the van refused to slow down. The steady beating increased in repetition as his eyes widened at the realization that if either the van doesn’t brake or the girl doesn’t move, there would be a collision.

The next moment, Sehun could not explain what had happened before his eyes. The girl finally looked up but the contours of her face distorted by the second. He blinked once, twice, trying to shake off his imagination, but in the next second, the girl lunged forward at him. Held down on both of his shoulders so tightly that he could feel the bruises sinking in, Sehun was pinned back against his seat with the girl on top of him. He tried to scream, call for help, anything, but his voice would not budge. 

Let me in!

A strange, double-chorded voice screamed at him as he tried to struggle away from the girl.

Do you not hear it? It’s impolite not to answer, especially when I know you’re there…

This time, the voice calmed down as the sweet mesmerizing voice from couple nights ago echoed through his ears.

Sehun-ah!

What is this?

Oh Sehun!

The girl that once looked so hideous, so distorted, regained her posture as she slowly faded away.

“Yah! Oh Sehun, wake up! God, damn. We’re here,” Jongin shook him awake, in which Sehun blinked a couple times before immediately pulling himself up from the shock.

It was…only…a dream?

A throbbing pain thrashed his shoulders. He looked over at one shoulder to notice bruise marks that looked like those delicate fingertips scathed all over. A slight bit of panic ran through his veins as he checked the other side, only to witness the same bruises.

“Hey, let’s go! We’re going to be late!” Chanyeol now called out from outside the van.

Quickly recollecting his thoughts, Sehun finally exited the van, hiding the bruises under the thin jacket that he chose to wear.

As they all dragged their feet into the studio, there was some commotion going on in front of them before a girl—no, it was that SAME girl from the nightmare earlier—ran towards him. Not taking a second glance, Sehun ran the opposite way, with the other members and managers close behind him. With security and guards close behind her, she managed to grab his arm, her nails sinking deep into her skin as she screamed out, “Sehun! Why do you run from me?? Noona is your #1 fan!”

Sehun winced at the pain of her nails digging through his unblemished skin. The other members managed to pry her off of their youngest member, but not without a scratch that dug deep.  Security took her into custody and Sehun just sat there in disbelief at what just happened.

While the managers occupied themselves with yelling at the security department for not doing their jobs and furiously throwing daggers of harsh words at all the staff for not being careful with locking all the doors they go through, the EXO members sat down in their standby rooms, some comforting Sehun while the others contemplated on what was to happen in the future.

Suho, Chanyeol, Kai and Lay sat by Sehun, with Suho bandaging up the wound he had received earlier. Meanwhile, there was that steady beat. That banging cacophony against the  door that kept him separated from what was on the other side. Sehun tried to ignore it but it only became louder and louder.

“Can you please just go get the door?” he managed to ask Lay without losing temper.

Lay looked at him, confused, before looking at the other members that stood there clueless of what the maknae was pointing towards.

“The door! Can’t you hear it? Are you deaf?” He yelled as heavy breaths were released. Frustration hazed his mind as all eyes turned to him, now.

“Sehun, calm down. You must be exhausted. We all are. Just hang on-“ Suho tried to reason with the youngest member but Sehun repeatedly shook his head with his eyes shut, trying to gather his thoughts with all the commotion going on.

 

Sehun, Sehun, stop it. You’re losing it…

 

I’m losing it? What the hell am I losing exactly? Just make it stop...


I just finished my first batch of midterms and came back to update this. Thank you SO much for all the subscriptions! I was actually really surprised >.< You guys are the best! Let me just tell you that I plan for this story to not be longer than 10 chapters...soo yeah. Bare with me for a bit, I promise (or I hope) it will get more interesting! Thank you!!!!!