Chapter 1 - Accident and Mistake

The Fallen

The Human World

Chaerin’s POV

I’m on my way to meet the bastard, the bastard who ruined my night, I’m in the middle of a family gathering when that bastard called and demanded that we should meet to talk about our thesis project. I’m on my last year in college and every subject that I took is getting harder. It’s stressing me out, as an I.T. student I have to make a certain program for my thesis together with my partner. Making a program is alright to me, but the thing that is not okay is my partner, the bastard Lee Seungri. I hate that guy and there are two reasons why.

First reason, every time I suggest something for our project he keeps on rejecting it. But when I asked him of his ideas he just keeps on smirking at me, so how will we able to start our project if we don’t have definite plan yet. I already have the urge to smash my laptop in his face every time we’re together.

Second reason, he is such a flirt. I know he’s cute but he don’t have the right to be like that to any other girls, especially with me. It’s grossing me out; I just want to pop his eyes every time he looks at me with a hint of mischief. I already asked my professor if I could switch partner but he rejected it, which means I’m going to be stressed out until this damn project is over.

Which brings me back to why I’m here in my car, driving my out to Itaewon, that Seungrat called me earlier to discuss our thesis, according to him he already have a brilliant plan for our project that will surely land us a high grade. Who would believe in that, I don’t. So I ignored all his calls and text messages but when he called my mother (I don’t even know how he got my mother’s contact number) all things went his way. Ommoni forced me to meet him up because according to her we should prioritize our studies. So I’ve got no choice but to go to Itaewon where that Seungrat is currently at.

♫ Phone ringing ♫

that nigga that you love so bad

I know you still think about the times we had”

I say, “ that nigga that you think you found

And since you picked up I know he’s not around”

 

“Yeoboseyo?” I answered without looking who the caller is.

“Anneyonghaseyo my dear Chaecat”

Speaking of the devil, the rat called just to annoy me again. Oh God, please grant me a lot of patience dealing with this man, I already want to commit a murder just hearing his voice.

“What do you want?” I growled at him. “I’m on my way there so you don’t have to call.”

“I’m just checking baby if you’re really gonna come.” He said.

“Don’t call me baby rat, I don’t have a plan of seeing you right now, you’ve been calling all night bugging me to meet you, why did you not sense that I don’t want to see you. You even called my mother, how did you even got my mother’s phone number?” I said.

“From a reliable source babe, I want you to come so I’ve thought of an idea that will surely make you come. I like your mother by the way, she seems very nice.”

“You’re becoming a pain in my rat, I really hate you right now.”

“I bet you have a lovely babe.” He said.

“LEE SEUNGRI, I HOPE THAT PLAN OF YOURS FOR OUR THESIS IS GOOD, IF NOT I WILL PESONALLY KILL YOU SO THAT YOU’LL BE GONE IN MY LIFE FOR GOOD.” I hysterically said.

“Wow babe, I didn’t know you love me that much. Why don’t you relax for awhile, you’ve been taking this project of ours seriously I bet you’re already stressed out.”

“You’re the reason why I’m stressed out rat-

“Relax babe, I’ll wait for you here in Club NB, we’ll have a good time first before we discuss this project-

“Whaaaaat?” I screamed through my phone. “Is that the real reason why you called me, to go with you to the club?”

“Yes babe” he said.

“LEE SEUNGRI”. Red, I’m seeing red right now, I’m so mad I want to hurt him so bad. “I’ll kill you when I see you rat, you hear me-

I’ve been absorbed talking to the rat on my phone when suddenly a brilliant white light appeared blinding me on what’s ahead. I don’t know what it is but my instinct told me to swerve the wheel to the right. I did swerved to the right to avoid the white light but I think it was too late, I already hit something or someone, I immediately stepped on the break as hard as I can. I don’t know what’s happening anymore, the next thing I knew, the white light is fading and my car already crashed on the lamp post. My head hurts so badly, blood is dripping from my head due to wound I think and my heart is beating so fast. Aside from my aching head, I think I’m alright, I thank God that I’ve survived that accident. But I’ve hit someone, I opened the car door and went outside to check if the person I’ve hit is okay. I felt nauseous when I saw the girl in a white dress sprawled in the pavement with blood surrounding her.

Oh no, Oh no, this is not happening, Oh no please help me.

“Help, somebody. Please help me.” I cried but no one is answering.

Where are the bystanders when you need them, I returned to my car to get my phone, someone is still on the line.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Oh my God, what happened Chaerin?” Seungri asked.

“Oppa, please help me, it was an accident, I didn’t mean to hit her” I sobbed.

“Are you crying? Tell me what happened baby.”

“I’ve hit someone Oppa, please help me, the girl, the girl isn’t moving, please come.”

“I’ll be there, please don’t cry, and wait for me arasso?”

“Ye, please hurry.”

For the first time, I’m thankful that the rat that I hate is there for me.                                  

=================================================================================================================

The Heavens

Bom’s POV

I watched as Dara disappeared through the passage, she’s going to the Human World for the first time to see the human she adores. I’m happy that I got to help her and at the same time worried of what the outcome will be. I hope and pray that all things good may come to her way while she’s in there. All I can do for now is to wait for her to return.

“What are you doing here?” someone asked interrupting my train of thoughts. I glanced to my left and saw an innocent little girl wearing a serious expression on her face.

“You’re a watcher, what are you doing in here? You’re not supposed to be here.” She said.

Jeez, why so serious, this little girl needs to relax.

“Yes, I’m a watcher, I didn’t know that someone is here beside me. Who are you? My name is Bom by the way.” I said. I offered my hand for a shake but she ignored it, she’s just glared at me.

“What is your purpose in here? This is a restricted area, watchers like you are not allowed in here.”

“Why-

“Answer me.” She growled.

What the, this girl is being rude and I do not like it, I’m starting to get irritated with her, she should know that I’m older than her, she should respect me.

“What will you do if I don’t answer you? I’m trying to be friendly but you’re being rude you know.” I snapped.

“I’m sorry.” She said. She took a deep breath, trying to calm herself I think. After that, she looked at me with wary eyes, I’m getting confused now. What’s with this girl?

“I’m sorry, my name is Minzy, guardian of the Eastern forest where the Gates to the Human World is, I protect this land from watchers like you from entering the gates.”

What is she talking about? I thought we can come and go to the Human World, why does she have to guard it?

“The look on your face tells me that you’re confused, am I right?”

“Yes. Can you please explain it?”

“There are three passages to the Human World, only one of the passages is safe to use in entering that world because we can go back in here whenever we want to. The other one is the passage where all the nephilims used, as you already know, you will never be able to return in here once you entered that passage. And the last one is located somewhere in here, this passage all your memories as an angel leaving you with nothing, you will be able to return only when you gather back your memories. It’s a tricky way that’s why guardian like me protects the gates from watchers like you.”

Oh no, what have I done? Dara entered the wrong passage, this is not happening.

“But I’ve asked the Great Pontiff Jae Sang, he said this is the right way through the Human World, he would never lie to me.” I felt the tears in my eyes, what have I done to Dara? If everything she said is true, what will happen to my friend?

“It is the right way, but did he tell you if it safe to use?” She asked.

The moment the Great Pontiff Jae Sang said that there is a passage in here, I didn’t bother to listen for him to explain everything that I need to know. I was too excited to tell Dara. My tears are now flowing, if something bad happen to her, it will be my fault.

I crossed our distance and kneel in front of Minzy.

“Please help my friend, Dara went to the Human World through that passage-

“What? Someone already-

“Yes.” I sobbed. I showed this place to Dara, please help me get my friend back.”

Silence, she answered me with her silence, she just stared down at me while I sobbed miserably. I don’t like this, I want to see Dara.

“I’m sorry, I don’t know how to help you.” She is about to walk away from me when I roughly pulled her hand causing her to stumble.

“You’ve got to help me, you’re supposed to be here earlier, where were you? You supposed to explain everything to us before Dara entered the passage. Please.” I begged her.

“Like I’ve said, I don’t know how to help you but if you want we can go to Jae Sang place, maybe he can help us with your friend.”

The Great Pontiff? Will he be able to help me to get Dara back? I hope and pray that he can, I’m so sorry Dara, I promise that I will bring you back here. Just wait for me, I’ll find a way to get you.

=================================================================================================================

Somewhere in Human World

Someone’s POV

I stared at the night sky, there were few stars tonight. It became my hobby to look at the sky every night ever since she left me. It’s been two years but I still can’t over her, I still love her. I’ve been praying that everything that had happened is just a dream, that after I wake up from this nightmare I’d still see her alive. I once again reminisce the days that we’re together, those were the happiest days of my life. Oh Hyori, I wish you’re here with me.

As I recount my happy days with Hyori, a white light suddenly shone brightly in the sky, I don’t know what it is but I think it’s a shooting star. They say if you wish to a shooting star, your wish will come true, will I believe in that? If I tried to wish will it come true? Oh well, I’ll gain and lose nothing if I tried, so here it goes. My wish…