Prologue

The Fallen

"Come with me."

I was surprised to see Bom coming out of nowhere, grabbed my wrist then pulled me as we ran as like somebody is chasing us.

“Hey, where are we going?” I asked

“We’ll fix your problem; I found something that will surely help you”

Eh? Problem? What problem? I don’t a have a clue on what she’s talking about, and I don’t know where were going either. She can be weird sometimes. I just want to go back in my favorite place where I can watch the humans do their everyday routines. That’s my job to do as an angel, to see if the Human World is living peacefully and to check if the demons are in their proper place.

Our world which is the Heavens and the Demon World have one rule that we must obey, that is to leave the Human World alone. We can interact with them but we are forbidden to do anything that will disrupt their peaceful world. I don’t want to know what will happen if one of us disobey the rule, but one thing I’m certain though, the Human World will suffer if that day comes.

So back in the situation I’m currently in, Bom and I are in the forest now and I’m getting tired of running. I’m about to suggest to her to use our wings to fly to the place where she wants to go when she suddenly said “We’re almost there Dara”

“Where exactly are we going? And what problem of mine are we going to fix?” I asked

“It’s the that human you always watch, I-

Wait, what? How did she found out? I suddenly stopped running, pulled my wrist from her grip causing her to stumble.

“Hey, why did you suddenly stopped? We’re almost-

“What are you talking about?”

We’re almost there, a few more steps and-

“No, not that. The human, how did you found out?”

She just smiled at me, and I do not like that smile.

“What?” I said.

“I’m your friend Dara, even if you don’t’ tell me anything, I’d know that you feel something for that human.”

"You’re making a mistake, I’m just doing my job, I’m just watching the humans. I don’t have any kind of feeling towards to them.” I lied.

Bom just raised one of her eyebrow at me, put her hands on her hips and said, “As usual, you’re a lousy liar Dara. So don’t even try to deny everything. I always notice that there’s one particular human that you’re frequently watching. And the look on your face while watch-

“Stop, stop." I interrupted her. I don’t want to hear what I look like while I watch him.

It’s no use keeping it a secret to her, she really knew me, she’s my best friend after all.

I sighed in defeat. “Okay, okay. I admit, I feel something for the human.

Bom just smirked at me.

“What?”

“Nothing. What’s his name anyway?”

“Kwon Jiyong”

“We’ve watched a lot of humans every day, why him?”

“I don’t know.” I sighed.

That’s a nice question, out of all the humans, why him?

I still remember when I first watched him; I pitied him because he was so devastated for the loss of his fiancé. Kwon Jiyong and his fiancé had an accident when a trailer truck crashed into the vehicle they were riding. He survived but the girl didn’t. He was on the brink of insanity for denying everything that had happened and not accepting the human he loves so much is already gone.

From then on, I constantly check on him if he is already alright. I got accustomed watching him until one day I started to like him. My likeness for him grew deeper and deeper until I realized that I have fallen’ for him.

I know it’s wrong but I can’t seem to teach my heart not to love him.

Angels are forbidden to have a special feeling towards humans, but there are still like me who have a stubborn heart. Some of those angels are contented watching them from afar but there are also who bravely choose the humans ending up living with them.

Those angels/nephilims that chose the humans are never to die and are already banished from our world and never allowed to enter again as their punishment. It’s a very cruel punishment because after their love passed away, they kept wandering in the Human World.

So if I got to choose what I want, I’d rather love him from afar, I know it’s a lame choice but I don’t even know if he’s going to like me.

“Do you want to go the Human World to personally meet him?” Bom said breaking my train of thoughts.

“What do you mean?”

“I know the passage where you can go to the Human World.”

“But you know the consequences if I go there I'll-

“Don’t be silly Dara, I’m your friend so I won’t let you become a Nephilim. You can go to the Human World and come back here through that passage. I’ve asked the great Pontiff Jae Sang about it so you don’t have to worry.”

“But I’m afraid of what will happen if I meet him”

“You worry too much, ‘Just go with the flow’ and ‘Que sera sera’. I think it’s a popular phrase in the Human World.” Bom warmly smiled at me.

I love her. I love Bom so much and I’m thankful that I have a friend like her. I promise that I will do everything that will make her happy after I meet Jiyong. I ran towards her and gave her a tight hug.

“So does this means that you’re ready to face him?”

“Yes.” I replied.

“Let’s go. I’ll show you the passage.”