Chapter 3 - Bom's Plan

The Fallen

Trees as far the eye can see, a little bit foggy, the earthly smell, the quietness, coolness, moss growing on the trunks. The sound of a stream that followed gets louder until it thunders over a fall into a lake. The birds chirping happily, it’s a peaceful sight, if only the humans can preserve these kinds of environment, it’ll be a lovely place to live in, even for us.

This is what I’ve been doing for the past hour, finding peace and quiet, I want to savor this moment because I can sense a distressed mind coming to me right now.

It’s been a while since I’ve encountered a problem like this, an angel becoming a nephilim, it’s heartbreaking when an angel choose the humans over the life they have here in heaven. But it’s even more heartbreaking when they lose their purpose in the human world and become a wanderer there. As much as I want to help them to return, I can’t because there’s a rule that we must all obey. But there’s always an exemption in every rule, they must find what those exemptions are for them to be able to return.

The two distressed minds are coming nearer, both are feeling guilty over something that they’ve done. It’s disheartening to listen to one of them because fear, worry and guilt is evident in her mind. She’s suffering for the loss of her friend, but none of those should happen if only she listened to my explanation about the passages.

Hope, I’ll give her hope to hold on, that no matter how complicated their situations is, they can still find a way to overcome those complications. It’ll be a long journey, it’ll be hard but I’ll be optimistic that Bom will be able to bring Dara back here.

================================================================================================================

Bom’s POV

I’m already freaking out, it’s been hours since Dara went to the Human World and I’m really worried of what had happened to her there. It’s all my fault, none of this will happen if I gather more information about the things that I needed to know before I decided to tell Dara of my plans. None of this will happen if I didn’t impulsively suggest to her to meet the human, or better yet, if I just shut my mouth and let her silently watch him. I sobbed quietly as I let Minzy lead me to where the great pontiff is currently at.

I don’t know exactly where we are, but we’re in a beautiful field filled with violet, yellow and soft white wild flowers, it was a mesmerizing sight. If Dara is here, I’m sure she’ll like this place. As I watch the flowers dance with the wind, I remembered the time I found that Dara have a special feeling toward a certain human. It shocked me at first because it’s wrong but in the end I just kept my eyes close because that’s what makes her happy. She’s like a sister to me, so I silently supported her and watched in the sideline how her fondness grew for the human.

As I utter a silent prayer for the safety of my friend, I didn’t realize that we’ve already reached our destination. I saw the Great Pontiff standing under a shade of a tree as if waiting for us to arrive. I’m about to go nearer to him but Minzy beats me to it, she went straight to him and kneel in front of him.

“Forgive me sir, I’ve committed a gravest mistake, due to my carelessness and neglect, an angel entered in the Eastern Passage. I’m so sorry sir, I’ll accept whatever punishment you’ll bestow upon me.” Minzy said, her head was bowed down while confessing to the great pontiff.

Jae Sang stared down at her with a soft look on his eyes as if contemplating on something, but before he can say a word, I interrupted him.

“Please sir, I need your help. I’m Bom, I’m the watcher who sought for your help about the passages last time, I need your help again, please.” I begged.

I’m about to explain to him of what had happened but he stopped me from doing it.

“You don’t have to say anything, I know what happened to Dara and I want to inform you that she’s already in the hands of the human she likes.”

Relief flooded through my veins, Dara is with him already, a smile crept to my lips, she finally met the human, I’m so happy for her. But still I have to ask if she’s safe, I’m really worried about her.

“Did she arrive safely in the Human World sir?” I asked.

The great pontiff just looked at me with a sad expression and didn’t answer my question, he turned instead to Minzy and said something to her.

What’s wrong with him? Why didn’t he answer me? Did something bad happen to Dara? A lot of questions ran through my mind and the relief that I felt earlier vanished. Once again, I became really worried for the safety of my friend.

Answer, I need answer from him and I’m going to get it no matter what even if I have to beg all day.

“Great Pontiff Jae Sang, please tell me what happened to Dara, did the human do something to her? Please to tell me.”

“Dara is safe in the hands of Kwon Jiyong, that’s the name of the human she likes. She’s in the hospital right now with him watching her.”

“What hospital? What are they doing in there? Is she hurt?” I hysterically asked.

“She had an accident when she arrived in the Human World, she was hit by a car and now in the hospital mending her injuries. She’s still unconscious but she’ll be fine so you can stop worrying for now.”

Oh my goodness, Dara is hurt because of me, this is my entire fault. I plant my face in my palm as I cried bitterly, I’ll forever blame myself for the things that will happen to her in the Human World.

“Bring her back please. I beg you, I’ll do anything just bring her back here.”

“I apologize, I can’t help you, Dara entered in the Eastern passage and as Minzy explained, there are consequences in entering in there. All the passages are protected by an ancient rule that is beyond my power which means I don’t have the ability to bring her back. I’m sorry Bom, but for now the best thing we can do is to wait-

“Wait? For how long? I just can’t seat here and watch her suffer in the Human World.” I growled at him.

I was surprised when Minzy suddenly hissed at me, I already forgot that she’s with us.

“Watch you language watcher, know whose you’re talking.” She said.

I bowed my head and apologized to him.

“I understand what you’re going through Bom and it pains me to see that you’re suffering this much but there’s nothing we can do. We can only pray for the safety of Dara in the Human World.” The great pontiff sadly said.

I can’t accept that, there must be a way. As I silently sobbed, I suddenly remembered what Minzy said earlier.

“Minzy said a fallen angel can come back here when they gather back their lost memories as an angel, if I make Dara remember everything, she’ll be back to come back right?” I wiped my tear-stained face and form a plan.

“There is-

“Then I’ll go to the Human World and make Dara remember, this is all my fault, I was the one who put her into this mess and I’ll be the one who will fix this.” I said to myself.

I faced the great pontiff and Minzy and told them on what I decided.

“I’m going to the Human World to bring Dara back, I’m going to do every thing to make that happen and I won't let anybody stop me.”

My resolve is firm and I won’t let them hinder me so before they say anything, I spread my wings and flew away from them.

“Wait for me Dara, I’m going to bring you back, just wait for me.”

================================================================================================================

It’s been three days since the accident happened but the girl is still unconscious, her identity is still a mystery to us because according to the investigators that we sought help to identity her, nobody claimed to be her relative yet to the police station where the accident was reported. She also lacked identification in her possession when the incident happened which make it hard for us to know her. I bet someone is already freaking out in her disappearance and worried sick for her safety.

According to her doctor, her injuries are slowly healing and it’s only a matter of time before she wakes up, I really hope she does because I’ve been spending most of my time here in the hospital. Chaerin tried to take charge in guarding her but me and her parents are against it because we don’t want her to remember the details of the accident that will make her feel guilty and make her cry again. Her friend Seungri is a frequent visitor but I don’t want him to stay to long too because I want him to focus on his studies so he will be able to help and support Chaerin.

I sighed in frustration and stared again at her, even though she’s peacefully sleeping I can tell she’s beautiful, it became my past time just staring at her. I wonder what she looks like when she’s awake.

================================================================================================================

The great pontiff and I watched as Bom flew away from us, I’m feeling guilty because I’m at fault too, if I didn’t left my post, the watcher Dara will not be able to enter the passage. I’m a useless guardian, I’ve only got one task and I failed in doing it. I wanted to cry but I don’t want the great pontiff see me being weak.

“It’s alright to cry Minzy, sometimes crying helps to make you feel better so you don’t have to hide it from me” he said, reading my mind.

I hang my head low and felt my tears in the verge of falling.

“I know what you feel, but we can longer do anything about it so for now I’ll relieve you of your duties as a guardian and I want you to go to the Human World and help Bom of her plans.”

I’m being punished because of my neglect, and I deserved it, but how will I able to help Bom if I don’t know what to do. I now felt my tears falling because of helplessness.

“Worry will lead you nowhere child, I’ll make sure that help is there to assist the both of you while you’re in the Human World” he said.

“I’m afraid.”

“I know and it’s only normal because your future there is unknown but I want you to be there for Bom.”

“I understand sir.”

I turned away from him to find Bom, this is my punishment. I’ve got no choice but to accept it and this time I won’t let the great pontiff down. I’ve got a new task, to help Bom of her plans to make Dara remember and I’ll make sure that we’ll return successful.

 

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

Author's Note:

I finally finished writing this chapter, it took me a long while to finish it because I’ve been busy with work.

I hope you’ll like it and thank you for reading this crap.. kkk

And also feel free to follow me on twitter: @chobits_ecka

Kamsahamnida Yeorobun!!! :) *bows 90 degrees*