Ken - Name of Love

Slave to a Doll

<><><><> Though there are tears, though my heart aches, I will go toward love for my heart <><><><>

In-Young’s POV

When the two of us had walked in, dinner was just getting started; with everyone digging into the second serving of Korean BBQ and everyone being chatting. I was excited to see Nina talking animatedly with Hyuk, she had been almst dying this morning when she didn’t get to see him before the recording.

Unnie, sit here!” Taeyeon took a break from chatting with Yeo-Na to point out the open seat next to her.

Hyung!” Hyuk also pointed out the open seat next to himself, which was next to the open seat that Taeyeon was pointing out.

After you, In-Young-shi.” Taekwoon’s soft voice pulled me out of the trance that the BBQ smell was pulling me into. Embarressed I scurried to my spot, hiding the make-up and bag set to the best of my abilities.

Congrats on your first Idol-Hakwon recording, In-Young-shi.” Multple members of VIXX welcomed me as I came in.

Thank you.” I replied, bowing to each of them.

“In-Young-shi,” I turned next to me and saw Leo with chopsticks full of sizzling meat. “Would you like some?” I nodded, holding out my plate without a second thought.

“Yes please and thank you.” I dug in, not caring that the managers at the next table probably had something to say to me.

“If you need any more just ask.” He told me. I marveled at how I was able to hear his soft voice even in the bustling restaurant and with the other 10 members of our table talking up a storm.

“Hey hey,” Taeyeon nudged me, I turned to her with BBQ still in my mouth.

“What? I’m eating.” The girls knew not to disurb me while I was eating, it was my quiet time.

“Your precious ‘Taekwoon-oppa’ just gave you food and now you’re super cool about everything like it happens everyday?” Yeo-na did her eyebrow waggle, telling me my spazziness was missed.

“I’m holding it in so I can enjoy this beef that I haven’t had in over 4 months.” I snapped at them, way too into my meal for it to be healthy.

“Hey, give me the present, I’ll present it to her in a little bit.” Ji-Young came over and I quickly pulled out the wallet from the bag of three that Taekwoon had scored and put it in the bag with the skincare set.

“Here you go, and thanks for doing the speech.” Originally I was supposed to be the one to do the speech, me being leader and all, but then Ji-Young offered to do it because she had known Manager Shin for longer.

“No problem Emma-nim.” She winked and went back to her seat to wait for dinner to die down a little before the presentation.

“Le- Taekwoon-oppa,” I waited till after he looked like he had finished to give him the other 2 wallets. “Thank you for getting me the wallet for Manager Shin, these other two are yours.”

You can this one, I don’t need a girl wallet.” He pulled out the dark red wallet and handed it to me, keeping the blue one for himself.

“Oh thank you!” I can’t believe he’s giving me the wallet. He’s GIVING ME A WALLET! Calm your Emma In-Young Choi, he only gave it to you because he’s a guy and doesn’t need a girl wallet. While we’re fangirling let’s just appreciate that he’s sitting next to me. HIS IS LITERALLY WITHIN GROPING DISTANCE-

“In-Young-shi?” I looked up from the wallet to see Taekwoon offering me a slice of watermelon. “Would you like my piece? I’m quite full and I’ve heard that you like watermelon.”

I had pretty much devoured the tiny slice in 10 seconds, embaressed but unale to stop myself, I gratefully took the second piece and shoved it down, forgetting to care that my bias of the last 2 years was watching me eat like a gorilla.

<><><><> I was rough but the name of love made me cry <><><><>

Leo’s POV

I smiled, charmed by her voracious appetitie. Despite her aversions to the rice and other carb ladled foods that were on our table, she certainly ate everything else well.

We talked a little about her debut preperations, her worries about being ready on time, and filming.

We talked about VIXX’s current promotions, my next musical, and our upcoming appearance on Weekly Idol.

That is my favorite show, ever. I’ll definetely watch your episode.” I thanked her and we talked a little more about each other’s activities.

She was quite passionate about the group’s plans, espically the presentation of the group’s intelligence and athletic skils. In-Young said that they all had trained in order to impress on Dream Team and Running Man if they ever had the chance.

You will, I’m certain you guys have the ability to succeed, it’ll just take time.” I assured her. With how over trained these girls were, I was starting to wonder if they wouldn’t just collapse before their debut.

Taekwoon, can we talk for a minute?” Hakyeon came up from no where, standing between In-Young’s seat and mine, a casual smile on his face. “Hi In-Young, how are you?”

Good oppa, you?” He flashed her a genuine smile before looking back at me, a glint in his eyes.

Good, do you mind if I steal your ‘tutor’ for a little bit?” I stayed seated, hoping she would say something against it, because I knew exactly what he wanted to talk about.

Not at all, go ahead Taekwoon-oppa. Bye Hakyeon-oppa.” She waved at us as we walked away to a cornor of the restaurant, Hakyeon smiled at her and wrapped an arm around my shoulder to keep me close.

Taekwoon, what was that?” He spoke calmly at first, keeping his voice low.

I was enjoying dinner with the filming cast and crew.

Don’t get cheeky with me Jung Taekwoon, you know what I mean.” I took a deep breath, I did not want to fight with one of my best friends over In-Young, but I hadn’t like anyone in years, and In-Young had something that made me feel instantly connected to her.

I think I like In-Young-shi.” If I valued my friendship as much as I did, lying would do nothing to help the current situation.

I told you that I like her, what do you mean you ‘think’ you like her?” He was doing a good job of keeping his voice low but I could see anger in his eyes, even in the dim lighting of the restaurant. “2 years I’ve liked In-Young, all of a sudden you and her have one recording and you think you like her more than me? I know that’s not possible.”

I’ve known In-Young-shi before this, it’s not all of a sudden.” That is partialy true, I did see her frequently at the company for vocal lessons because our schedule collided all the time, even after our debut. She and I usually had the same vocal teach so we would at least greet each other every few weeks. But I didn’t really put together that my constant low-key interest in her could mean that I actually like her, it has been quiet some time since the last time I found a girl I liked.

But you didn’t like her first, you didn’t call her In-Young before today. She didn’t call you oppa before filming. You don’t know that she can’t have milk or that she secretly loves it even if it makes her too sick to sing. You don’t know that she faints almost every month from doing extra lessons with her members and you didn’t carry her home the one day her managers weren’t there to help the others take her home. You don’t know enough to like her.” He didn’t let me reply, not that I would be able to, and walked away. I stood there for a moment, not comprehending how much Hakyeon really liked In-Young, he always had talked about her in passing, but never on a detailed note.

I’m going to have to fight for her if I really like In-Young. I’d never had a rival between me and the girl I like, since I’ve only like 2 other girls before my debut. It was frightening, to hear how behind I was compared to Hakyeon, but thinking about it more, I was able to come to a solid conclusion, In-Young is worth it.

<><><><> I was rough but you made me live but I'm afraid I'll scar you <><><><>