Light Up the Darkness

Slave to a Doll

<><><><> An angel of darkness, an illusion of a nightmare she slightly shines through her mask <><><><>

In-Young’s POV

“3, 4, 5, 6,” I whispered loud enough for the 5 others around me to hear.

“Hello, We are Sage6 from the stars, nice to meet you.” We announce to the staff in the studio.

Everyone waved to us, some people even greeted us back, but most of them quickly got back towork setting up the cameras and lights for the filming for the first episode.

“Real VIXX, V-I-X, We are VIXX, please take care of us.” We turned to thedoor to see the sunbaes walking in, bowing at staff and PDs.

Instantly, my eyes sought out my “tutor,” he was walking in second to last in front of Ravi, and his eyes met mine before I quickly looked away. My face began to feel hot, oh grow up Emma, there’s not way you’re getting embarressed just from eyecontact, how old areyou? 10?

I was the only one in our group that was experienced with reality show filming, and tried to keep the members from running off in case filming started without warning.

“I’m really really hungry, please tellme you have something tosnack on.” Taeyeon came up behind me, practically hanging off my back.

I looked around quickly for a manager and gave her 1,000 won,

“Be back in less than a minute, there’s a vending machine around the corner.” I whispered to her.

She brightened up instantly, scurrying off with new found energy.

<><><><> Her silhouette is hidden behind a black fog, I will find you before you disappear baby <><><><>

Leo’s POV

I walked in and stood around with the other members on standby. They started talking about the Idol Championships but the constant talk of the games was starting to make me morenervous than I needed to be. I already knew I would do well, not many idols came from a heavy athletic background like I did.

To keep myself distracted, I looked around the set to see what was going on. There were a few of the trainees already on theset, looking around, taking pictures. I saw In-Young off to theside with Taeyeon, one hanging on the other looking like clingy siblings. And then I saw In-Young pull something out of her shirt, it looked like a piece of paper, and then Taeyeon was running off somewhere.

“Soo, our Taekwoon is going to get first this year in high jump, right?” Of course Hakyeon managed to grab me the moment I was off-guard, but I didn’t reply, merely trying to getout of his grip in front of the staff members who would probably think I was weak, and In-Young who might see me as a pushover. I looked to see if she could see what was going on and managed to meet her eyes again. I looked away and focused harder on getting outof Hakyeon’s grip, but he is strong for a short guy.

“Hey Taekwoon, you’re going to be great right? I know it’s sooo nice for you to be tall and strong and you’re gonna get VIXX the gold this year in soccer, right?” I rolled my eyes, manageing to finally get away and then walked off to get some snacks from thedressing room. I walked into the hall and saw Taeyeon as she was coming back from where ever she came from, holding a small packaged bread.

“Hello sunbaenim,” she told me, bowing as she walked by. I nodded to her before going into VIXX’s dressing room. In-Young must’ve given her money for food, she must be nice if she’s letting her girls break diet.

<><><><> You're like an incomplete picture, So girl don't stop come to me, come to me <><><><>

Leo’s POV

“And our number one student today is . . . “ Hakyeon trailed off, looking at me for my cue, I sighed. “Yah, Jung Taekwoon, be excited. Smile.” He threw a cue card at me and I glared at him.

“Our number one student today is Emma-shi and as her prize she get’s a special date of her choice while everyone else hits the gym.” I read off the cue card quietly. I looked at her, kinda of scared to see whoshe would choose.

Everyone clapped first, then waited for her choice.

“Um, thank you everyone.” She seemed unable to make a decision, but she was staring right at me, “Leo-sunbaenim, if it’s not trouble . . . “

“And she chooses Leo!” Hakyeon stood up and started to cheer and the others joined him. I looked down so that theothers wouldn’t see the grin that somehow spread across my face, I didn’t understand that I would be that happy.

“Look at our hyung,” Hyuk pulled me up unexpectedly and pointed my face at acamera, I didn’t have time to control my expression, “He’s smiling more for this than the last time we went out for sushi.”

“Yah!” I made to grab for him but the maknae managed to slip out of my grip and ran for Taeyeon instantly.

“Congratulations to Emma and look forward to next week where the two of them have their first date!” Hakeyeon saidto the camera, taking onhis MC-roles.

“AND CUT! That’s a wrap, thank you everyone.” The PD got up fromhis chair and came onto the set to greet us.

“Thank you!” All of us bowed, me and Hyuk stopped in our little chase to show respect to the hard working director.

After we were all done, I looked to Hakyeon to get ready toask the girls’ managers if we could take them out to dinner as a celebration of their first filming, buthe seemed too wrapped up in talking with Yuna, the girl he was supposedly supposed to tutor.

“Excuse me,” I walked up to one of the girls’ managers, I could tell he was startled to here from me, “do you think it would be possible to take the girls out to dinner before they go home? We were planning to go to dinner for the first recording celebration and wanted to invite the girls.” I kind of had to take a deep breath after that, it was a lot more than I had ever spoke to anyone other than the members.

“Uh, sure, since a sunbae is asking them out, of course we can’t decline.” I bowed in thanks and looked around for the girlI wanted to tell

“Leo-sunbaenim?” I turned around and In-Young was right behind me.

“I heard that you invited us for dinner, thank you.” She gave me a small bow, “And is it really okay that I picked you? I know youdon’t like personal cameras as much as the other members.” She seemed really concerned, as if I would really hate going out with her. I struggled to find words that would describe what I feel.

“I don’t hate it.”

<><><><> I'm disappearing into the suffocating and deep darkness, hold my hand <><><><>

In-Young’s POV

‘“I don’t hate it.” I looked up, not expectingthose words, he seemed distressed when I had picked him, even looking down to hide his emotions from the camera.

“But you seemed mad . . .”I didn’t know what to think now. He had invited the group outfor dinner but at the same time I wasn’t sure how I was supposed to take him “not hating” the fact that we have to film a “date” next week. Maybe he doesn’t see me as a complete noodle brain?

“I usually am like that, it wasn’t you.” I smiled at him, that was all the reassurance I needed.

“Thank you sunbaenim,” I bowed and started to run off,

“You can call me what you call Hakyeon,” I turned around, but I call him-

“Oppa?” I asked, turning red at actually saying the word outloud.

<><><><> You didn't even look back once and are hiding behind that fog <><><><>

 

Leo’s POV

I blushed at the word but nodded,

“It’s not like I’m really your sunbae, you debuted before any of VIXX because of KPOPSTAR.” I tried to give a reason.

“Jung Taekwoon, just say what you really feel.” Jaehwan came up from nowhere and dragged me into a headlock, “Emma-shi, he wants you to call him oppa because he’s jealous that you’re closer to Hakyeon than he is.” I broke free of his head lock and chased him to the dressing room.

“Every time- I just wanted to get closer to her. She didn’t need to hear any extra comments.” I growled at him, now sitting on top of the younger vocal on the couch.

“OHHHHHHHHHH, but Hakyeon-hyung liked her first!”

<><><><> I dream of caressing your head, Yeah, tell me your secret <><><><>