A Common Workplace

A Shooting Star Goodbye

A/N: Before I start this chapter, I forgot to mention that the story will be holding a ton of flashbacks. To make this story more understandable, instead of a vague plot. Don't worry! It'll all unravel soon, and I hope that it'll make sense to you then. NOW time to write this damn thing.


 

Jessica's POV:

Ugh. Why is it so early in the morning? Right now, I should be sleeping and getting my full 15 hours of sleep. I could practically feel the bags forming under my eyes.

"G-Good morning, Ms. Jung." the front desk secretary greeted me as I dragged my feet into this building abyss of hell.

As a reply, I grunted in exhaustion and continued my way towards the elevator. The secretary jumped and dug her head beneath the desk's ledge, attempting to go unseen by me. Icy glare. Cold aura. Stubborn attitude. Traits that us, Jungs, hold greatly.

I pressed the elevator button labeled 'JUNG' our main office floor. One whole floor to ourselves. I'm told that our workers battle their odds in presenting documents or share charts to Krystal and I. Once you enter our territory, who know's what the outcome will be.

My back was pressed against the elevator wall, slowly slumping down towards the floor. Running footsteps could be heard outside of the closing doors as a yell was echoing through the lobby room.

"Hold the elevator!"

My eyes shot open and my body stumbled towards the floor buttons, before the doors had fully closed I managed to click the 'Open Doors' symbol in time. Between the doors shimmied in a tall and slender girl, wearing her usual nerdy getup, Kwon Yuri. She dusted herself off, her back stilled turned to me and straightened her blazer out correctly.

"Looking beautiful as always, Sica." she turned and smiled at me.

I sat myself back down on the elevator floor and kicked her leg, "Shut up."

She then kneeled and elevated her eyes with mine and firmly pressed her lips against mine. A sudden tingling feeling shot up through the back of my spine. I pushed her back, before I was able to respond back to her kiss, and lifted myself from the ground.

"Yah! We're at work! Remember?!"

"Aw, come on. I can't kiss my wife in the privacy of an elevator?" she retaliated with that killer smirk of hers.

God she's so attractive when she's blunt about our marriage.

"Still! I have present myself well in front of others here!" I stated. I'm also pretty sure that kissing in an elevator doesn't quite count as private.

DING

The metal elevators doors soon slid open and a electronic voice came onto the PA, "Jung Floor. Good Luck."

Yuri dragged me out and made her way towards my desk, it was an open floor with just two desks on each side of the South end area. A desk for Krystal and a desk for me. Opposite of the South end, the Northern end of the floor held a common and relaxation room as a stress relief for Krystal and I.

I plopped myself onto my cushioned chair behind my desk and threw my head back. I was too tired to do any work right now, let alone stay awake. I suddenly felt a wet pair of soft lips against my forehead, still closing my eyes, the lips traveled down against the tip of my nose. I moaned in approval for her to continue. She brushed her lips against my upper lip, soon capturing them full--

"Yah! Not in front of me!" a voice shouted.

In surprise Yuri and I readjusted ourselves, her face flushed in embarrassment while mine tunring its attention to the familiar voice.

"Krystal! We were just.."

"Save it. I don't want to know the details of you y moment." she chuckled and made her way towards her desk.

Her face seemed a bit glum and worriedsome. She organized the documents placed on her desk and reaaranged them into piles, her head not once looking back up at me.

"Krystal, is something--" I was cut off by Yuri, unable to ask my question, as she placed her finger against her lips shushing me. She pointed at the flip calender placed at the corner my desk.

 

December 3rd.

 

Yuri's POV:

After pointing Jessica's attention at the calender, she then quieted herself before proceeding on with her question.

December 3rd. The day I lost my bestfriend. The day we'd all lost our Llama. The day Krystal lost her one and only love. Amber Josephine Liu.

Today marks the fourth year of her passing, and one of the most painful days of the year. As time passed since then, we've made it our own little tradition to set out to visit her grave. Have our own little picnic party and catch up on a few things with our group of friends.

It's almost unbelievable that she's gone. Sometimes I feel her standing next to me, or even hugging me. During the time span after her death, Krystal took the greatest toll and had gone through this delusional state. She would claim that Amber hadn't left, and her soul was still on earth with us. Many of us were beginning to get worried for her well being and would continuously say that she had to accept the fact of Amber's passing. It took her a while before she was able to settle her thoughts and feelings down about the situation, since then she seemed absolutely normal. We still are a bit careful of our word choice around her, in hopes of not bringing up the past or painful memories between the two.

I Jessica's cheeck with my thumb, "I'll let everyone know what time the meet up is, okay?" I whispered into her ear before recieving a nod from her in approval.

I walked towards the center elevator of the office floor and waited for the arrival of the metal contraption. As the ding sounded across the office I glanced back at the Jung sisters. Krystal keeping her mind busy by shuffling more papers in and out of bins on her desk, while Jessica pulled out a pillow from her desk drawer. I turned back smirking and headed into the elevator, pressing floor number 8.

"Amber.."

FLASHBACK

First day of college. Always make the best impression you can, especially in front of the ladies. Seoul University, look out, here comes Kwon Yuri to screw up.

I glanced down at my wristwatch, "6:45, only fifteen more minutes until our new Freshman's orientation." I chuckled to myself and headed towards the girls bathroom down on the East Wing corridor.

I wonder what new fresh meat the school will be bringing this year, as always mission 'Sleep with every girl in school' is now in effect. Who honestly can resist these great looks? Huh?

I the valve of the bathroom sink, without noticing the presence of another person coming out of one of the stalls. Splashing some water on my face, I could hear the sink beside turn on.

"Hello. I know you probably don't speak too well of English, but do you think you could direct me to the Freshman Orientation assembly?" 

The voice spoke some sort of gibberish language I was unable to decode. It's definitely not Korean, so German? French? English? All I could really make out from the dentence was the words English, Orientation, and Me. I shook my head, duh she was speaking English.

I straightened my back out and wiped my face with paper towels provided by the school, my vision was still a bit blurry to make out the face of the figure standing before me.

"I don't fully understand your dilect. English right?" I replied in Korean to the girl, still rubbing my eyes a bit more to get a clear vision of her.

My eyes were shifted towards the feet of the girl, making out the image of black Air Nikes. Her legs were hugged by black denim Levi skinny jeans, followed by a closely wrapped leather jacket open, revealing a graphic shirt.

Wait a minute. Time out. This person is a guy.

"WAHHH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN HERE GET OUT!!" I shrieked in fear of the unfamiliar boy in the female restroom.

"Wait! What are you doing?! Stop throwing water at me!"

"You...out! Girl...only!" I tried my best to communicate with the boy, splashing more water on him. Serves him right for sneaking into the girls bathroom and asking me, Kwon Yuri, something.

"I am a girl!" he shouted back at me. Now the only thing I was really able to catch was the word girl.

He pointed at himself and kept repeating the word, girl. A girl? Impossible. This person most definitely looks like a male. He readjusted his LA cap on his head and gave me a strange look. I kept silent since he had said the word, girl, over and over again. I slowly began to approach him step by step. Boy? Girl? Which is it?

"H-Hey, what're you doing?" he said something and took a few steps backwards.

I need to know. I stretched my arms outwards to his chest and pressed firmly against him. To my surprise I felt two little lumps, they were quite small, but they were definitely there. s.

"Stop that! Get off of me!" he blushed uncontrolablly and pushed my hands aside.

I started to laugh to the point my stomach was hurting. To believe that I almost round house kick the out of this person's .

"s...girl." I managaed to say to him in between my laughter.

She stared at me as if I were crazy and glanced down at his chest before realizing my true intention. She bursted into laughter and held her stomach.

After a few moments of dying laughter, I held out my hand in hope of an introduction from the mysterious girl.

"Kwon Yuri." I smiled and waited for her response.

She smiled and clasped her hand into mine, "Amber Liu."


A/N: So how is it so far? I wanted the meeting of Yuri and Amber to be funny, judging from their meeting, they'll definitely have a wonderful friendship. I hope to be updating more chapters a bit later, but for now you'll have to suffice with this. Oh and by the way!

"Red." - Korean

"Blue." - English

Got it?

Sora.