The Couples

A Shooting Star Goodbye

Reader’s POV:

A cloud of darkness surrounded the small room, only allowing a strip of the morning light to enter. The atmosphere of the enclosed space was quiet with the exception of a light snoring noise sourcing from the bed. Not soon after, the vibration of a phone began to interrupt the silence of the bedroom.

A sharp inhale from a figure spread about on the bed was executed, indicating the disturbance of their sleep.

“Uhghh…” the figure groaned, shifting its position.

“A few more minutes, Tae…”

Just then another figure began to emerge from the mattress, slapping the latter beside her.

“Did you forget to turn off the , Pany…?”

The figure that was once slapping the partner beside them was now throwing her fists towards her direction after hearing that inappropriate question.

“Yah! Stop being such a ert!”

The girl being brutally beaten by her partner was soon shielding her face from her attacks, “S-Stop, Pany! My body is sore remember…?”

“Not my problem. Maybe you shouldn’t have gone so rough last night to tire your body out!”

“That’s against my religion as a byun.” A smile slowly formed on Taeyeon’s face.

Their little quarrel almost had both individuals forget about the vibrating phone on the nightstand beside them. Tiffany cooled down her punches, crawling over Taeyeon’s body to reach the latter’s cell phone. Her eyes traveled down to see whom had waken the two from their beautiful rest from a long hard night of rough…

“It’s Yuri.”

Taeyeon’s raised her right eyebrow, confused as to why her good friend was calling so early in the morning. “Why is she calling? She knows that we don’t wake up until 12. I mean, come on. We both need recover after what happened last night.”

Tiffany shoved her palm against her partner’s shoulder, sending the latter leaned up against the headboard of their bed.

“Can you keep your mind clean for one second, and answer the phone?” Tiffany nagged the smaller girl, pushing the device into her chest.

Taeyeon shrugged her shoulders and took the phone into her grasp, “Fine.” Her slim fingers slid the unlock button to answer the call from her good friend.

Taeyeon's POV:

“Yo, ByunTae here.”

“Yeah, yeah. I know I’ve interrupted your nice recovery sleep from such a wonderfully rough night of . So save the complaining for later, Tae.”

“Oooh, you know me all too well, Black Pearl.” A sly smile crept its way to the corner of my lips, as I saw Tiffany begin to emerge out from under the bed sheets.

She still had on what she had on last night, a gorgeous and revealing set of pink lingerie. Her body swaying side to side, making its way towards the bathroom that was connected to our bedroom. I my lips in temptation of pouncing on her once again for a round two. Tiffany’s head turned back to look at my expression, seeing as she walked for ily over purposely to catch my attention. A wink was directed at me before disappearing into the restroom.

God that girl.

“TAEYEON! Are you even listening to me?!” I heard Yuri yell over the speaker.

I was knocked out of my trance, and brought back to the situation at hand. I shook my head and tried to find a good excuse as to why I hadn’t been paying attention to what Yuri had been spewing.

“Errr, I was distracted for a short moment. Could you please repeat everything again?”

“Distracted? For a short moment? Check how long we’ve been on this call, idiot.”

I pulled my phone from my ear and waited for my screen to light up, so I could grab a clear view of the call’s time.

15:23. 15 minutes. 23 seconds and counting. Wow, I’ve been staring at my fiancée’s  for 15 minutes.

“Okay, I got overly distracted by something.” I attempted to reason with the latter over the phone, but still knew that there was no point.

“And by distracted, you mean you were looking at you girlfriend half for quite some time. Right?”

“Woah, how could you think of me like that, Yul? I might be a ert, but I still have manners. Besides, if it was Jessica in a revealing set of pink lingerie you wouldn’t be able to tear your eyes from that. You and I are not so different.”

I heard Yuri shushing my on the other line, “Your on speaker and Jessica’s in the break with me. Watch what you say, and pray she didn’t hear that. Plus, I wouldn’t want my smoking hot piece of in a pink set. I prefer a black charcoal set.”

“TAEYEON. YURI. YOU SHOULD’VE PRAYED A LOT HARDER THAN WHAT YOU DID NOW, BECAUSE I HEARD EVERY GOD DAMN WORD YOU SAID.” An ominous voice surfaced through the receiver.

.

“W-Woah, calm down Sica. It was a compliment. There’s no need to get angry about me complimenting you…” I could hear the fear in Yuri’s voice come out as she croaked those words.

“Y-Yeah, Jess!” I managed to say.

“And you Taeyeon, you better be treating my best friend with absolute respect. If not, I’ll make ensure you’ll never be able to feel the pleasures of again.” I heard the cracking of her fingers over the phone. I gulped down real hard, gripping my cell phone extremely hard after hearing Jessica’s threat.

“Yes, ma’am.”

“B-But anyway, Taeyeon. What time are you and Tiff gonna be there?” Yuri asked.

I scrunched my eyebrows together, and placed the phone call on speaker loud enough for Tiffany was able to hear it. I glanced over at our alarm clock, and up at today’s date.

December 3rd.

My facial expression soon softened afterwards, “I’m not sure. It all depends on how long it’ll take us to cook. Remember, we’re bringing home made burritos. Her favorite.”

Suddenly I saw Tiffany rush from the bathroom door and back onto the bed, “Yeah, make sure no one else is making the same thing! Taeyeon and I have been bringing that for the past 4 years!”

“Arrasso, we all know, Tiff-“

“TIFFANY?!” Jessica soon cut off Yuri soon after she heard Tiffany’s voice.

Aish, these two.

“OMG, JESS?!”

“And thus it begins.” Yuri and I both simultaneously sighed.


And I'm back. I know it's been a little while since I've updated any of my stories, and I want to apologize. Work's been getting hella crazy, you know? Adulthood can really kick you in the buttocks. lol.

I'm sure some of you are confused as to why I decided to remake this story. Or fix it up a bit. Well, that's because I just wanted too and wanted to sharpen the plot up a bit more. c:

And as to why Tiffany and Jessica are excited to be talking to each other, despite the fact they text each other almost everyday. Both parties haven't been able to see one another in a little less than a year due to their different schedules. So I hope that cleared up confusion!

Stay tuned for more updates, whenever I can! Love you guys!

Sora.