Chapter Four

Whenever You're in Danger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next afternoon, Zelo went with his hyungs to meet Darren for lunch. He had already been grilled by Bang about getting too close to strangers and fans. He knew that his hyung meant well and only wanted to protect him, but he wasn’t a baby anymore. He wasn’t sure if his hyungs actually understood that. He had a feeling that he would need to prove it, and this might be the perfect opportunity to do that. 


When they got to the restaurant, Bang introduced himself to Darren. The tall, Caucasian teen smiled at him and shook his hand firmly. “You know, even though I’m interested in your maknae, I’m not going to hurt him. I promise. In fact, if you allow me to go out on a date with him, no one else will hurt him, either. I’ll make sure of it.”


Bang grinned at him, nodding. “That’s good to hear. Are you a martial artist, or something?”


Darren nodded. “I know enough to get by, and I can protect Zelo.” He looked at the menu. “You know, the shrimp scampi is very good here…not to sound like a waiter or something.” He laughed softly, glancing at Zelo. He seemed nervous. 


Zelo smiled back at him. “Okay. I’ll order that and see if you’re right.”


Darren chuckled. “I usually am…but we’ll see.”


Once the food arrived, everyone made themselves busy eating. Himchan finally broke the silence. “So, Darren, are you from L.A.?” 


Darren took a sip of his water, shaking his head. “No, sir. I’m actually from Washington. I’ll be going back here soon. I guess I can get to know Zelo while I’m here, though. That’s what I plan to do.”


Himchan, raised an eyebrow, but received a harsh look from Bang. “I see. What brings you to California?” 


“I’m here for a school project. Research for college…a boring as hell project,” he grinned again, but there was a serious look in his eyes. “How long are you guys planning on being in Cali?”


“Just a few more days. Then we’re on to Washington,” Zelo answered him this time, speaking softly. “I wish I could have more time to see you…”


Darren stabbed one of his pieces of shrimp. “You will, if we stay in touch. I’m going back to Washington in a few days. We can hang out, if you have time.”


Zelo nodded, glancing at Bang. “I think I do we could go do something, after we start talking some more before then.” He felt as if the atmosphere was very thick, at the moment. His hyungs seemed like vultures. 


Darren grinned at him again. “I’d like that. It would be nice to get to know you better.” He saw that the waiter was walking over, and he waved Bang’s hand away gently. “I’ve got it. Don’t worry.” 


Bang thought about it, then set his wallet down. “Okay. Thank you, Darren.”


“Thank you.” He looked at the bill, then placed cash in the server book and handed it to the waiter when he returned to their table.


Himchan smiled at him. “Thank you. Will you let us pick up the tip, at least?” 


Darren laughed. “I’m sorry. I already took care of that in the bill. Don’t worry. You could repay me by letting me take your maknae out.”


Bang sighed. “I see what you did here. You want to buy our approval. Well, I don’t see why not. I’ll just send the other younger members with you. I’m sure you can understand.”


Darren was suddenly nervous, since so many of B.A.P would be joining them. Safety wasn’t always in the number of people. He still needed to figure out what was going on. “Okay. That sounds fair enough.”


Youngjae laughed. “It’ll be fun.”

 

 

When they went out that evening, Daehyun pulled Youngjae off to do other things, leaving Darren and Zelo to talk and get to know one another. He knew that if wasn’t exactly what Bang wanted, but it was safe. He trusted the young man, for some reason. It also gave him time to spend with Youngjae.


Darren led Zelo over to the vending machine at the arcade they h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter