nine

Runner Runner
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

 

Nine

 

Summer vacation came by in a flurry of rushing out of school, beach trips, too much ice cream, and no more homework. Yixing and I spent equal amounts of time with the whole group as we did just in the presence of each other. Baekhyun would always gag at us holding hands. Jongin was pretty much back to the flirty guy I first met and he seemed happy for me and Yixing, which was a relief.

Yixing and I liked to spend a lot of time at the beach.  Being able to breathe in the salty sea air and feel the breeze tickle at my hair made me more relaxed and less homesick. I was free, mind not occupied by the dark thoughts regarding my dad and whatever was happening in China.  

“I’m back,” I heard Yixing’s familiar voice waft over to me over the mild crashing of waves. We were in the touristy beach area in Jeju today, just to experience a change in atmosphere. Yixing was jogging towards me, tank top slipping off one shoulder to expose charge collarbones and holding a large ice cream sundae with two spoons sticking out. He handed me a spoon and took a scope himself, tasting it thoughtfully. When he saw me watching him, he took another spoonful and held it out to me. 

“Is it good?” he asked. “I got you strawberry shortcake, just how you like it.”

The ice cream was delicious and I nodded at once. Yixing broke into a dimpled smile and held out another spoonful for me. We finished off the sundae in record time and we sat on the beach, halfway between the boardwalk and the ocean as the sun went down. The traffic on the boardwalk was picking up; vendors selling glowing toys and foods, games to win prizes, and a ferris wheel lit up the sky with neon colored lights. 

“My favorite thing to do is to just be with you,” he said suddenly, fingers tightening around mine. “Even if we aren’t talking, even silence is nice.”

I couldn’t help but blush. 

“And you’re cute when you get all embarrassed like this,” Yixing added. He leaned over and dropped a peck on my nose and I laughed at him as I pushed him away.

“No, even that won’t save you now.”

He just rolled his eyes before he grabbing my wrists and holding me closer to him. He slid his arm around my waist and locked me inside his arms. 

“I love you,” he murmured softly and my eyes shot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter