chapter five

Fated to Love You (Previously 'Room 519')

Chapter Five

“This is it…Chloe’s the one.” Kai laid on his bed that night excitedly as he clutched his gemstone. “Aigoo…What took so long? Man you had me waiting for years.” He mumbled as he held it up in the air. It glowed a cold white color now but once he walked near Chloe, it turned red and radiated heat.

He turned over and eyed his dog Monggu who was chilling in her dog bed.

“Monggu! Do you like Chloe? She’s a nice person right?” Kai sat up. “Well…if you forget about the time when she tried to kick me out of the gym…yeah she’s a pretty nice person right?”

Monggu barked and stood up.

Kai chuckled and thumbed him up. “Such good taste you have!”

 

Meanwhile

Chloe flipped through the pages and sighed in frustration. “This is due in twenty minutes.” She whispered as she looked up at her computer screen. “Turn-it-in.com is the stupidest website to be ever created. Oh why can’t I just give it in tomorrow in class?” She wrinkled her nose. “Stupid history teacher.” She mumbled.

Then she eyed her textbook and gawked. “O-Oh…I…I had it highlighted.” She tapped her pen against her head and started typing. “Chloe Lim, what a moron you are.” She whispered.

After safely submitting her homework in before the deadline, she flopped down on her bed and put her headphones on. Chloe had a lot on her mind but she wasn’t sure what was bothering her so much. She turned around and eyed the birthstone necklace that hung off the edge of her bed. “Jongin asked me about…the necklace.”

 

 She called Kai by his real name. Chloe remembered asking about it when they filled out forms for the teacher.

 

“Kim…Jongin?” Chloe eyed the paper.

“Lim Chayeon?” Kai teased.

Chloe wrinkled her nose. “Chloe.” She corrected him.

Kai held his hands up. “Okay, Chayeon.”

“Jongin.” She eyed stim sternly just to have him laugh in defeat.

"Fine, Chloe." 

 

 “Does it…work?” She asked herself as she thought about it.  

Chloe sat up and reached for it. Holding it up in the air, she looked at it and scrutinized every edge of the gem that sparkled and reflected light. Chloe jumped when her mother came into her room, she held onto the gem in her hands and turned around.

“Did you eat yet?” Her mother asked.

Chloe nodded. “Y-Yes.”

“Tomorrow’s your father’s birthday.” She said with a stoic expression. “I hate that man with a passion but I guess you can go see him.” She muttered.

Chloe nodded. “A-Alright.”

 

She watched as her mother close the door. Chloe scoffed. “No screaming? No calling me stupid? That’s new, she probably got a raise or something.” She said to herself.

 

Chloe picked up her phone and dialed her father’s number.

 

“Daddy?”

“Ah Chloe! It’s been a while, how come you haven’t been calling me lately?”

Chloe smiled at the sound of her father’s voice. “Nothing…I just have a lot in mind and I still wished that I lived with you.” She said quietly.

“Aw man, I’m afraid your mother won’t let that happen.” Her father said. “Will you be coming tomorrow?”

Chloe nodded. “Can I?”

“Oh heavens! Then who else would I celebrate my birthday with?” Her father chuckled.

“Dad I met someone at school.” Chloe blurted out.

“A boy?”

Chloe nodded. “His name is Kai- Jongin.” She started. “He’s in a senior seminar and he mentioned the thing about the necklace everyone has. How does it work again?”

“Well, if you walked near your soul mate then it will glow red and the farther you are from him or her, the whiter and colder it’ll get.” Her father said.

Chloe looked down at the necklace. “I don’t think it works.”

Her father furrowed his brows. “Oh why not?”

“The only reason why I never put it in is because…despite the fact that it glowed so red when you and mom were near each other, all you guys did was argue.” Chloe said.

Her father sighed. “Oh honey…I’m sorry about that. We had a lot of disagreements and it’s because we got married at such a young age.” He said. “I didn’t think it’d turn out this way.”

Chloe nodded. “It’s fine.”

“But I don’t want this to scare you into not loving someone. I’m sure there’s someone out there who will love you unconditionally. Is that boy you’re thinking about Jongin?”

Chloe shook her head. “No.”

He scoffed. “What’s he like? You said he was nice.”

“You how I have headphones on all the time?”

Her father chuckled. “You used to have them glued to your head when your mother and I fought.”

“Jongin told me to not put them on and often because they’d be bad for my ears.” Chloe said. “He cares about me.”

He chuckled again. “I’m sure a lot of people care about you, you just never know because you always have headphones on.”

Chloe rolled her eyes. “Whatever…”

“When’d you meet?”

“I walked into him dancing in the gym…I didn’t tell him anything about this but I thought he looked so cool and absorbed into whatever he was dancing to. He seemed so happy and confident; I just wondered if I would ever find a passion that would make me as happy as Jongin when he danced.”

“You love to paint.” Her father reminded her.

“But…”

Chloe’s father shook his head. “You always doubt yourself, Chloe your paintings are nice! They’re a work of art.”

“Thanks.” She mumbled.

“Anything else about this Jongin guy?”

“He has two dogs and they’re cute.” Chloe said. “He’s great with animals. I don’t know why I told him this but I let him know about Cooper and how I’m stuck with mom.” She said.

“You trust him.” Her father said. “You trust him, that’s all.”

She nodded. “I guess…” Then she remembered what happened a couple hours earlier. “He asked me to meet him after school.”

“Oh really?”

“He brought his dogs with him and we went for a walk. Jongin and I talked about this and that…”

Her father smiled. “Goodness! Am I the first to know about this?”

Chloe nodded. “Sora’s still in China visiting family.” She said. “Their family has a branch there remember?”

“Aigoo! Your best friend’s away and you come flocking to me?”

Chloe laughed. “No dad! That’s not it!”

He laughed. “How would you combine Chloe and Jongin if you were to date?”

“Dad!”

He laughed again. “I missed you, kid.”

“It’s getting late…See you tomorrow?” Chloe said. She looked at the time.

“Late my foot! You just want to watch Pinocchio don’t you?”

Chloe nodded sheepishly. “Lee Jongsuk is my real soul mate, we all know that!”

“In your dreams kid. See you soon okay?”

“Okay.”  

 

She hung up and held the necklace up. “Does this work?” Chloe shrugged and put it on her desk before opening her laptop. Pinocchio was streaming live in about two minutes and she couldn’t miss it for the world.

 

The next day, she put the necklace on and left for school.

And for some reason, Chloe wondered if it would glow when she saw Kai. 


[a/n]: it's been a while my loves! 

comments are much appreciated!! <3 

Oh and FYI: I'm going to change the title of this from "Room 519" to "Fated to Love You" :) 

Disclaimer: I have NOT watched the drama 'Fated to Love You'. (I have no idea what that drama is about but it seems funny haha.)

After weeks of contemplating, I just think that 'Fated to Love You' is a much better title for this story :D Hope you'll dont mind!