chapter two

Fated to Love You (Previously 'Room 519')

ℭhapter Two

“So guys, what happened yesterday while I was gone? Oh, did Ms.Lau ever give that pop quiz?” Baekhyun asked during lunch. The boys sat together, all six of em. There was Chanyeol, the class clown who pretty much laughed at anything.

Sehun, the poker faced brat. Kai was convinced he was going to be lonely for the rest of his life, but when it comes to girls, he’s a completely different person. He’s the sweetest thing!

There was Suho, he acted like a guardian and had the tendency to take care of everyone.

Kyungsoo the cooking prodigy. Do you want him to make something for you? Any dish! Give him two hours; it’ll be the best thing you’ve ever tasted.

Ah, there was Baekhyun…one of the funniest people Kai has ever met. If he doesn’t grow up to be a comedian, Kai was 100% sure he wouldn’t want to live on this planet anymore.

Lastly there was Kai himself, he loved dancing and hated math more than anything in the world. He was also different from all the others, his gemstone never glowed. Like seriously, never. NEVER. At one point, the boys were so convinced he wasn’t even wearing the correct necklace. “Yo Kai, is that a diamond or what? Where’s your gemstone? The one that’s supposed to glow.”  Suho once asked.

 

Baekhyun tapped the table with his flawless fingers as he asked endless questions. “Did our team win yesterday? The football game?”

Sehun nodded. “Yeah we won, 36-10. The other team ! Even Suho hyung could do better than them.”

“Uh yeah, Ms.Lau gave that quiz which I failed.” Kai mumbled. “Oh yeah, guys, my gemstone glowed yesterday.”

Sehun threw his head back laughing as Chanyeol did the same while slamming his hands onto the table.

Kyungsoo couldn’t help but chuckle. “…Haha, really?”

Baekhyun nodded along. “Well, I became King of Baekland yesterday.”

“Guys I’m serious!” Kai raised his voice.

Suho calmed everyone down. “Well, when did it happen?”

“I was bringing the attendance down and it started glowing when I passed the senior seminar room.” Kai explained. “There was this girl in the room and she was painting…she’s so pretty.” He sighed.

“You know, she could be a total .” Sehun said. “Just saying.”

Suho nudged his arm. “Aye, be nice.” He turned to Kai. “Do you know her name?”

“I think it was Chloe.” Kai said. “I met her last week but I don’t think it noticed my gem glowing because I wasn’t wearing it. I don’t remember her face, but she was like ‘hey I’m Chloe’, that’s all she said.”

“Plot twist, she’s the complete opposite of you.” Sehun said.

Kyungsoo shook his head. “Sehun, shhh.”

Baekhyun stood up. “Well damn, it’s about time you get a lil action under there.” He paused. “UNDER YOUR SHIRT. I MEANT UNDER YOUR SHIRT.”

Kai rolled his eyes and stood up. “Gym’s open, I think I’ll spend the rest of the day there. Tell Ms. Lau I’m not feeling well and I went home. Oh and if she gives the quizzes back, make sure you burn mine?” He walked away.

“You know he’s being serious right?” Chanyeol asked.

 

Kai put his headphones on and took his hoodie off. Maybe dancing the day away would help him forget about his love life, he’s surprised it actually existed after being dead for 18 years.

He didn’t notice the door open; he continued to dance until he felt like he was going to collapse. He sat down on the floor and grabbed his bottle of water. He almost choked when he noticed Chloe on the other side of the gym. She was hanging her paintings up.

“GACK.” He coughed up some water and stood up.

Chloe turned around and wrinkled her nose. “The hell?”

Kai flushed red and turned around shyly. He covered his face. This was one of the times when you can see Kai turn into Jongin. A y confident dancer can turn into a shy baby in just about 0.5 seconds.

Oh my God. She’s right there. But I’m so sweaty and gross. Kai flushed red.

“Dude, open a window. You’re stinking the place up.” Chloe casually said as she put more paintings up.

She was setting up the art fair.

 

Kai frowned and picked his hoodie up. “Um, I’ll hit the showers.” He sheepishly said.

 

He stood under the school’s shower head and thought to himself. Do I really smell that bad or did she just want me out?

 

Kai changed into another pair of dark skinny jeans and a t shirt. He put his snap back on and strolled into the gym.

Chloe turned around to see who came in and only sighed when she noticed it was Kai.

 

“Do you need help?” Kai picked up a painting.

“Can you not…” She looked over at him and was surprised to see someone so good looking. He looked like a mess ten minutes ago.

“Where do you want this one to be?”

Chloe bit her lip and looked around. She pointed to the other side of the gym. “There…on top.” She pointed. “Ladder’s in the basement.” She mumbled.

 

Yeah she wants me out of there. Kai thought as he went down into the basement to get a ladder from the janitor’s closet. She’s really…straight forward and cold.

He shrugged it off. Well, if it’s me that’s gotta change her…there’s nothing that’s going to stop me.

 

The next day at school

“Yeah and then she told me to go all the way down into the basement from the fourth floor gym to drag a ladder up.” Kai said.

“AHAHA. SHE’S A MEANIE.” Sehun laughed. He turned to his girlfriend Minhee. “You’ll never be mean to me…right?”

“Guys stop, Kai’s love life is actually starting and you’re going to pick on him.” Suho shook his head.

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun before they both threw their heads back laughing. “Kai? Love life? BUAHAHAHAHAHAH.”

Baekhyun pretended to wipe his tears. “Why would you even put those two terms in the same sentence.” He laughed.

Kai groaned and put his head down. “I’m gonna make her like me! She’ll have to…eventually.”

“…I’ll grow to be taller than Sehun too you know what I’m saying.” Kyungsoo chuckled.

Kai stood up in frustration. “Whatever…”