Swing Swing

All That We Are

“Ayo, Zelo!” Kris called as he stride over to the younger who seemed to be down. “Have you- what’s wrong, man?”

Zelo shook his head and looked over to the crowd. “It’s nothing, what do you want?” the younger muttered as he looked over the faces.

“Zelo-yah, don’t lie to your hyung,” Kris warned as he stared the younger down. “What’s wrong?” he asked firmly.

Zelo heaved out a sigh and looked at Kris gloomily. “I was hoping I could get a chance to talk to this girl tonight, but it seems like she’s too busy socializing to even notice me… I was hoping tonight would be the night she’d finally notice me…”

Kris nodded his head solemnly and patted the younger on the back. Growing pains, that’s what his mother used to call them when he developed crushes on girls who didn’t have the same feelings. It was something everyone went through, but there was still hope for Zelo. The girl hadn’t turned him down.

“I’ll get you in, where is she?” Kris asked as he scanned the crowd. Zelo perked up, but seemed more confused than anything.

“It’s not that I want to force my way into her life,” Zelo responded.

“And I’m not going to shove you onto her lap. I’m just going to get her to notice you so you can start a friendship, okay?” Zelo nodded slowly then looked over in the girl’s direction, nodding towards her for Kris to see, but it came as a surprise when he saw who it was.

“Her?! Man, she knows you exist, why don’t you just talk to her?” Kris asked in disbelief.

Zelo shrugged then leaned back against the wall. “She’s popular whether she likes to admit it or not. Her sister is one of the most respected females in the school. Granted, her and her sister don’t get along, she is still popular because of Jessica.”

“It’s Krystal, Zelo. Krystal. The sweetest girl you could ever meet, she’s not intimidating, man. Why don’t you just talk to her?” Kris wondered.

“Exactly, it’s Krystal. Look at who she’s with right now! She’s talking to Lee Jinki! Jinki for crying out loud! He’s got the voice of a god and the brightest smile anyone has ever seen! How could I compete with that?”

“Eh,” Kris commented as he watched the way Krystal spoke to Jinki who seemed to just be listening and nodding, giving an occasional smile. “I don’t think you have competition… it looks like she’s telling him something, not flirting.”

“Either way, he’s getting time with her when I can barely even get a look from her,” Zelo groaned, hitting his head lightly against the wall repeatedly.

“Now’s your chance,” Kris said abruptly as he gripped the younger’s wrist tightly and dragged the younger behind him. Zelo peeked over his shoulder and saw Jinki walking away from Krystal, leaving her alone for a second.

“Kris, I’m not ready.”

“Now or never, buddy.”

“Never,” Zelo hissed.

“Or now.”

“Kris, I think I’m going to vomit, oh my god.”

“ it up,” Kris hissed out before standing in front of Krystal. “Krystal-ah, how are you?” the tall man greeted smoothly.

“Oh hello, Kris. I’m doing good, just helping Luna out with something,” Krystal glanced at Zelo who was shooting daggers at the side of Kris’s head and smiled softly. “Hi, Zelo.”

The younger perked up and gave Krystal a sheepish smile before stuttering out a ‘Hi’ back.

“Have you seen Amber anywhere?” Kris asked as he let go of Zelo, feeling comfortable enough to let him go knowing he wouldn’t run away.

“Oh, um… not in a while. I think she went off with Henry out back,” Krystal responded then looked at Zelo with a worried expression on her face. “Zelo-yah, are you okay? You look like you’re not feeling well,” Krystal cooed as he moved closer to him and placed her hand on his forehead. “Omo, you’re burning up, sweetie.”

“Can you take care of him for me, please? He said he wasn’t feeling all that well. I think it’s just the crowd, he might need some fresh air,” Kris purred.

“Of course! Come on, Zelo. Fresh air sounds like just what you need,” Krystal chirped. The younger boy gave one last glare at Kris who, in turn, gave him two thumbs up then walked the opposite way towards the back porch.

When he stepped out into the cool air, Kris looked around to see a few people out back, including Henry, but it wasn’t Amber he was attached at the mouth to.

“Get a damn room,” Kris shouted towards Henry and Sulli, practically growling before turning around and going back inside. Clearly, Amber wasn’t there with him. He was praying she didn’t see Henry fooling around with the little girl that was on his lap; Kris knew it would crush her.

*               *                *               *               *               *

“Do you think Sulli really would do that? I mean, just throw herself at a guy to test the waters?” Minho questioned. Amber couldn’t see his facial expression in the dark, but she could hear the worry laced in his tone and felt her heart sink a little for the poor fellow.

“You never know with people. Especially at this age, the age where we are all just figuring out our like and dislikes, our guilty pleasures and disgusts. It’s all experimenting from now until we are older and finally know ourselves better.”

“I’m not lie that though,” Minho commented. “I know people who aren’t like that; they don’t see a need to be experimental.”

“Those are the rare ones. They are part of the few who know themselves already. They what they like and don’t like, there’s no need for them to go around testing out new things. Sulli… I think she was protected most of her life and now that she’s away from her parents, she can discover who she is.”

Minho sighed heavily and leaned his head back against the wall, creating a slight thump against it. “I had a bad feeling this is why she wanted to come here. I think she just wanted to be promiscuous for once and Henry happened to be available at that moment.”

“Maybe… but hey, I wouldn’t beat myself up over it too much. It’s not like she did that knowing your feelings for her. She was completely oblivious and she probably didn’t want to do anything with you in fear of rejection… and that, you know, you two are childhood friends. See it more as a lesson,” Amber explained.

“How is this a lesson? What am I learning?”

“You learned that Sulli has a deep respect for you to not throw herself at you. And you learned that Sulli is human, so whatever pedestal you put her on, you can take her off of and start seeing her as a person, just don’t lose respect for her. She still deserves that.”

“Hm,” Minho chuckled out. “I guess you’re right. I’ll be here for her no matter what, even if my feelings for her change… Now that leaves one thing.”

“Which is?”

“Henry. What about him?”

“Hmm,” Amber sighed out. What about him and all those stories? “I guess we’ll find out over time…”

         *               *               *               *               *               *

“Alright Key, tell me what this is with Henry,” Kris said as he dragged the blond boy into the hallway after finding him playing beer pong with his roommate.

“Heh, I’m surprised you couldn’t tell already,” Key chuckled out soberly.

“And what the hell is it you’re talking about?” Kris sighed out.

“It’s obvious. I just don’t want Amber to get hurt so I’m warning her not to get involved with him like so many girls before have. It doesn’t help that Amber dresses like a guy…”

“What?!” Kris shrieked as he placed the pieces together.

“Oh finally,” Key groaned out while rolling his eyes then taking another sip of beer.

         *               *               *               *               *               *

“Luna-yah, I was thinking…” Jinki said as he slipped an arm around the younger’s waist and pulled her closer to himself so he could speak to her without yelling his business out for everyone to hear. Luna felt butterflies flutter in her stomach as Jinki tightened his grip around her. “Let’s sing a duet together for the Winter Showcase.”

It wasn’t quite the question she was hoping for, but it was a step in the right direction that would surely lead to what she wanted most.

“O-oh, sure, Oppa!” Luna agreed as she put her arm around his shoulders and followed him to the living room.

“I hope you’re okay with a love song,” the elder commented.

“Not a problem,” Luna responded with a goofy smile on her face.

         *               *               *               *               *               *

“Are you feeling any better, Zelo-yah? You’re cheeks certainly aren’t as red as before,” Krystal cooed as she rubbed the younger’s back.

Zelo felt his heart race the more Krystal fawned over him, paying only him attention like he wanted.

“Y-yeah, I’m feeling much better. I guess fresh air was all I needed,” Zelo lied. His face wasn’t as red, but his feelings weren’t calming down any.

“Hehe, you’re really cute Zelo-yah, very mature too. It’s hard to believe you’re a first year like me.”

Zelo felt his heart stop for a second. He looked over at Krystal to see her eyes sparkled up at him and a shy smile play on her lips.

“Come on,” Krystal tugged Zelo as she stood up to get him up as well, “Let’s go back inside and find Luna. I think the party is coming to an end.”

         *               *               *               *               *               *

“I think everyone is starting to head out,” Amber spoke as she reached for the door handle. Opening the door slowly, Amber poked her head out and saw the hallway was empty unlike before and most of the rooms were vacated. “I think it’s safe to go back to society.”

“Thank you,” Minho said once they both were out of the closet and in the light. Minho pulled Amber in for a tight hug. “Key was right, you are pretty cool. Well, I’ll see you around.”

“Wait, what?”

         *               *               *               *               *               *

“Are you sure you got this? I can help if you need me to,” Luna asked with worry all over her face.

“I’m sure. I’ve had to tuck him into bed many times before,” Amber said as she carried a passed out Kris on her back. Luna had dropped off Zelo and Kris first, but Amber could only sneak back into her dorm if she was with Kris. Luna still was unaware of her sleeping arrangements.

“Okay, if you insist,” Luna gave in. “I’ll see you Monday, Amber.”

“See you Monday,” Amber whispered before closing the car door and beginning her journey up to the dorm room. Zelo left as soon as he got out of the car, leaving Krystal passed out in the back with his jacket still on her thin frame.

“Kris,” Amber heaved as she carried him into the lobby. “Why do you,” she panted out as she made her way to the elevator, “weigh so much?!”

Kris simply groaned when she plopped him down against the wall in the elevator so she could breathe normally for a few seconds. When they arrived to their floor, Amber heaved the passed out boy back onto her back and began dragging him to their dorm.

“Just… a few… more… steps,” Amber panted out. When she reached the door, she gave up carrying him and dropped him on the floor as she searched his pockets for their key.

When she finally found them, she quickly unlocked the door then dragged Kris in by his foot, accidentally letting his head hit the door frame on his way in. Like plenty of times in the past, she took off his shirt for him and his shoes then tucked him into bed before placing two aspirin and a cup of water on his night stand.

Amber quickly changed into clothes and washed her smeared make up off of her face before plopping down into her bed, letting sleep take over he worn down mind.

Week one of school: complete.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------

A/N: OH MY LAWD I AM SO SORRY IT’S BEEN LIKE FOREVER SINCE I’VE UPDATED!!! But I’m back and I’ve got plans ;)

Expect more updates this New Year!!

Happy Holidays, everyone! And thank you for being so loyal to this story when I like abandoned it for so long >.<

I’m so sorry <3