Oh...

All That We Are

Kris rolled over, groaning loudly before slamming his larger palm down on the buzzing alarm clock. He couldn’t remember much of anything, he didn’t remember ever coming back to his dorm with Amber, but somehow he made it back safely. The latter was up already and in the shower, singing along to a song that had been stuck in her head.

The elder peeked open his eyes to see the sun was beaming in slightly, too little of streams for it to be late in the day. Kris rolled over and looked at the clock to see it read 6:30 am. Was it Monday already?

Kris rolled back over and stared up at the ceiling, listening to the steady stream of the shower and the melody Amber was singing out in her delicate voice. It was rare that he ever got to hear her sing, considering so was more into rapping, but he enjoyed hearing her voice and ingraining the noise into his long term memory.

When the shower stopped he decided to get up and get a move on before Amber could get mad at him. He sat up and rubbed his hands over his face, yawning once more before getting up and going to the kitchen area to scavenge for food. The cabinets and fridge had somehow replenished themselves over the weekend as well as the room had been cleaned. Kris thought he must’ve been hallucinating.

Amber opened the door and stepped out in her school uniform with a towel on top of her wet hair. She stopped short when she saw Kris standing in front of the fridge with a confused look upon his face.

“What’s wrong, oppa?” Amber asked as she turned to walk over towards him.

“Is it Monday already?” he asked with an arched eyebrow. Amber laughed then nodded her head vigorously.

“Yeah. You slept the whole weekend away. I don’t know how, but I’m guessing you slept off your hangover,” she replied as she stepping in front of him and grabbed a bottle of juice. “Luna and I went grocery shopping on Saturday then I went to an arcade with her and Krystal.”

“Did you clean the room too?” Kris asked as he reached down and grabbed a bottle of water to quench is dry throat.

“Yeah, I had nothing else to do Sunday other than homework. Don’t worry, I did yours too to save your sorry from failing,” Amber walked over to the cabinet to pull out a bag of bread rolls then proceeded to make them breakfast. “You should shower, you smell like sweat and drool,” she teased.

“Well thanks, babe,” he retorted as he walked back over to the closet and grabbed a clean uniform out. “Why didn’t you try to wake me?”

“Oh I did. I was worried you died, but you rolled over and glared at me then fell right back to sleep so I let you be,” she shrugged simply.

“I mean probably,” he said before walking into the bathroom. He stopped short and turned to look at Amber. “Lovely voice, by the way.”

Amber froze for a second until she heard the door click and the water turn on. He’s heard her sing before, but she always hates it when he hears her singing when she thinks no one is listening.

After breakfast was made and Kris was finally clean and smelling fresh, the two just sat and the table and enjoyed the quiet moment together.

“Do you think today will be hell?” Amber asked as she chewed her food.

“I dunno, probably since most of the teachers gave us homework.”

“Yah! You never said thank you for me saving your on the homework assignments.”

“Babe, can we not get into this right now?”

“Get into what? I just want a thank you,” Amber asked confusedly.

“Thank you,” Kris said before he reached across the table and swiped a chunk of Amber’s bread off her plate.

“Yah! Stop stealing my food, man.”

“You love me.”

“Still debateable.”

“Probably not.”

“Let’s get going before Key sees us and decides to us out for whatever reason,” Amber said before shoving the rest of her bread into .

         *               *               *               *               *               *

“Wow, Sleeping Beauty, you’re finally awake?” Luna teased when Kris and Amber approached the lunch table. Kris blushed slightly at the silly name then shot a glare to Amber for laughing.

“Were you even dreaming?” Krystal asked before taking a bite of her salad.

“Probably not,” Kris replied with a shrug.

“That was some party,” Amber stated with a smile.

“Probably not.”

“I wonder if the cops were ever called. Sometimes that happens,” Luna replied.

“Probably not.”

“What is this?” Amber asked as she inspected her noodles from the lunch line. “Looks like undercooked worms.”

“Probably not.”

“Kris,” Amber shot a glare at him.

“Probably,” he said before taking a bite of his food.

“Kris, can you come with me to the lunch line to get something else?”

“Probably not.”

“I swear to Pablo, if you do not stop with the probably nots, I will-”

“But probably not.”

“I’m so done with you.”

“But probably not.”

“Oh my Pablo! Stop!”

Kris turned and looked at Amber with a sinister smile. Luna, Krystal, and Zelo watched with their breaths held and waited.

“Probably not.”

“That’s it!” Amber flicked his nose, causing him to jump back a little and nearly fall off the bench. While his guard was down, she grabbed his bindaetteok and shoved it into quickly before he could snatch it back.

“I want a divorce,” Kris said once he caught himself.

“I mean, way of the road, son.”

“Did you take my food?”

“Probably.”

“Does anybody want to study with me after school today?” Krystal asked to stop the fighting.

“I wouldn’t mind,” Zelo replied rather quickly. He blushed a bright red when Krystal looked right at him and shyly smiled.

“Okay, I’ll meet you in the library then.”

“Oh Amber, Taemin and Jongin said they would love to practice a dance with you sometime,” Luna remembered suddenly.

“The two awesome dudes from Friday night? Hell yeah!”

“Who are they?” Zelo wondered.

“Two of the best dancers of the school. They are rumored to be twins lost at birth, but they’ve denied it multiple times,” Krystal answered.

“Amber and I were confused to be twins when we were younger.”

“Yeah, until people realized I was cooler than him,” Amber joked.

“Actually, it was until I grew and you stayed your elf size.”

“I may be small but I can still take you out.”

“To where? Dinner?”

“You annoy me.”

“That’s cute.”

“Too bad you’re not cute.”

“That’s because I’m handsome.”

“Are you Pinocchio? I think I saw your nose grow just now.”

“Probably not.”

“I think you two argue just as much and Daehyun and Youngjae,” Luna snickered.

The two best friends simply shrugged and continued eating their lunch. It seemed as though they only ever argued with each other.

“Probably,” the said in unison, making the other chuckle.

         *               *               *               *               *               *

“You go on ahead, Krystal. I’m just gonna potty really quick,” Amber said before parting ways with the other.

Amber walked into the vacant girls’ room and went to the first stall to do her business. At first she couldn’t hear anything, but when everything was quiet, she knew she wasn’t alone.

Small sniffles echoed off the tile walls and made Amber worry over who was crying and why. She hurried up and finished her business then walked all the way down to the last stall where the cries were coming from.

“Hey, are you okay in there?” Amber called from the other side in a gentle tone. More sniffles came out instead of an answer.

“I’m not a teacher or anything. You can trust me,” she pleaded out in hopes that the crying girl would open up to her.

“I’m f-fine,” a small voice squeaked. Amber recognized it, strangely enough. “You’re going t-to be l-late for cl-class.”

“And I’ll continue to be late for class until I know for sure you are okay,” Amber replied as she leaned against the wall and slid down to a squatting position.

“I’m f-fine, really.”

“Sulli?” Amber called out when the voice finally clicked with a face in her memory.

“How’d you know?” the younger asked as she cracked open the stall door and peeked out to look at Amber.

“I recognized your voice. What happened?” Amber asked as she looked over Sulli’s blotchy face and crinkled uniform.

Sulli shook her head and began crying violently again. Amber shot up and stepped into the stall to catch her before she fell back down to the floor again.

“Shh, it’s okay, sweetie,” Amber cooed as she held Sulli and began to brush through her long hair. The younger held onto Amber tightly and cried violently on her shoulder, staining Amber’s uniform with her tears.

“He w-was a nice guy… I… I t-trusted h-him,” she whispered as she continued to weep.

“Who?” Amber asked quietly.

“H-henry,” she replied then cried even harder.

“Oh…” was all Amber managed to get out before feeling a squeeze in her chest.

         *               *               *               *               *               *

“Have you seen Amber?” Kris asked Krystal and Zelo after school. “She said she’d meet me by the front but it’s been ten minutes and she’s not answering my calls.”

“She showed up five minutes late to class then when the bell rang she rushed out without saying much to me,” Krystal said with her eyebrows knitted. “Her shoulder was wet and her face looked rather pale.”

“Did you see where she went?” Kris asked worriedly. Krystal shook her head with a small frown upon her lips. “Okay, thank you,” he whispered before leaving the two to study.

Kris picked up his pace and walked down the hallway all the way to the front of the school then across to the student dormitory. He didn’t see her in the lobby and her car was still in the student parking lot.

He took the stairs and rushed up to his room. When he walked in he saw Amber in the kitchen and another girl sitting on Amber’s bed wrapped up in a blanket leaning against the wall.

“Amber, what’s going on?” Kris asked cautiously as he slipped into the room and closed the door before anyone could see the girl in the boy’s dorm.

“I found her crying in the bathroom so I brought her back here,” Amber replied tiredly. “That’s Sulli, she’s a first year like us.”

Kris looked past her and at the thin girl who was watching him with curious eyes. He nodded and smiled at her then looked back at Amber.

“Did she say why she was crying?” Kris asked quietly. Amber looked at him solemnly.

“It has something to do with Henry, but she won’t tell me anything besides that,” Amber responded before pouring Sulli a cup of the freshly brewed tea.

“Do you think it has something to do with what Key was yapping about?”

“I don’t know,” she responded before looking over her shoulder. “I honestly don’t know.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------

A/N: It’s been 84 years since I’ve updated this story :’(

It’s been kinda hard finding the style of this story again :/

I hope you all liked this chapter and thank you for sticking with me through my mini hiatus <3 <3

Comment whatever you feel, I read them all :)