Bonus Chapter

Dragon's Fall

A/N: Bonus chapter. Felt like typing this chapter out before continuing on with a proper update. 

 

They still fought like cats and dogs, but their relationship drastically improved. He still cursed her and accused her of being a heartless who. Out of pure meanness, pushed him beyond his threshold of pain and endurance. She still cursed him and accused him of being a rich brat who forgot his roots of experiencing hardships.

 

He said she couldn’t handle patients worth a damn.

 

She said he couldn’t handle adversity worth a damn.

 

He said she taunted him unmercifully with her tight fitted clothes.

 

She said he whined incessantly.

 

And so it went. But things were definitely better.

 

Jiyong came to trust her just a little. He began to listen when Skyler told him that he wasn’t trying hard enough and should put more concentration into it. And he listened when she advised that he was trying to hard and needed to rest awhile.

 

“Didn’t I tell you so?” Skyler commented. She was standing at the foot of his bed, giving therapy to his ankle.

 

“I’m still not ready to groove my y thang.”

 

“Seriously? Do people still say that?”

 

“They do,” Jiyong pouted while Skyler merely rolled her eyes in reply.

 

“Anyway at least now you’ve got some sensation on your foot.”

 

“You struck a straight pin into my big toe!”

 

“But you’ve got sensation.”

 

Skyler stopped turning his foot and looked up toward the head of his bed, demanding that he agree.

 

“Fine. I’ve got sensation,” he grumbled but he couldn’t hide his pleased smile.

 

“In only two and a half weeks,” Skyler whistled her reply.

 

“You’ve come a long way, baby Ji. I’m calling the mainland today and ordering a set of parallel bars.”

 

“You’ll soon be able to stand between them.”

 

Jiyong’s smile collapsed.

 

“I’ll never be able to do that.”

 

“That’s what you said about the wheelchair. Will you lighten up?”

 

“Will you?” Jiyong grunted with pain as she bent his knee back toward his chest.

 

“Not until you’re walking.”

 

“If you keep wearing those shorts, I’ll son be running. I’ll be chasing you,” he winked at her before frowning back again.

 

“Promises, promises,” Skyler replied, rolling her eyes though she couldn’t deny the fluttering in her stomach.

 

“I thought I told you to dress more modestly.”

 

“This is Hawaii, Ji. Everyone goes casual or haven’t you heard?”

 

“Anyway, I’m going to resist the movement now. Push against my hand.”

 

“That’s it. A little harder. Good,” Skyler praised Jiyong as he did as was told.

 

“Ah God,” he gasped through clenched teeth. He followed her instructions, which took him through a routine to stretch his calf muscle.

 

“The back of your legs are sunburned,” Jiyong observed as he put forth even greater effort.

 

“You noticed?”

 

“How could I help it? You flash them by me every chance you get.”

 

“Think those legs of yours are long enough? They must start in your armpits.”

 

“But how’d I get off on that? What were we talking about?” Jiyong rambled on as he concentrated on resisting Skyler’s hand pressure.

 

“Why my legs are sunburned. Okay dragon, let up a bit, then try it again.”

 

“Come on now, no ugly faces. One more time,” Skyler chuckled slightly as she saw the pout on Jiyong’s face.

 

“My legs are sunburned because I fell asleep beside the pool yesterday afternoon,” Skyler picked up the asinine conversation in order to keep Jiyong’s mind off his discomfort.

 

“Is that what you’re being paid an exorbitant amount of money to do? To nap beside my swimming pool?”

 

“Of course not!”

 

“I went swimming too,” Skyler added after a strategic pause.

 

Jiyong gave Skyler a spiteful look and pressed his foot against the pal of her hand.

 

“Good, Jiyong, good. Once more.”

 

“You said that was the last one.”

 

“I lied.”

 

“You heartless .”

 

“You gutless dragon.”

 

Things were swell.