Part 3: Meeting Hyun-Suk [EDITED]

Blood Lust

Part Three

Word Count: 1186 1289

"Hey, stop thinking, you’re giving me a headache. We’ll figure everything out and all of those questions will be answered, I promise." Jiyong tells him with a soft smile and Seunghyun smiles back, but then he remembers –

"Wait, how did you hear what I was thinking?" Seunghyun asks Jiyong stopping dead in his tracks as everyone stops running and turns to look at the two in confused silence.

~~~~

Jiyong looks confused at first but then it dawns on him and the realization hits him like a ton of bricks.

"I just read your mind, didn't I?" Jiyong asks and everyone nods at him slowly.

"Look guys, I know this is weird ok, but we have to keep going; we need to see Hyun-Suk, and by the looks of things, we need to see him soon." Dongwook tells the pack looking pointedly at Jiyong and Seunghyun then they're off again.

"So what exactly are we gonna do about Hyun-Suk?" Jiyong asks Seunghyun without opening his mouth and, seriously, Jiyong could have at least given him five minutes to be used to the whole 'mind-communication-with-someone-that's-not-Youngbae' thing, which he voices (thinks?) to Jiyong who laughs out loud mirthfully. Chaerin looks back at the smirking couple with a raised eyebrow and Jiyong claps a hand over his mouth looking like a mischievous child. She smirks at them then rolls her eyes and faces back toward the expanse of land in front of them without a word.

~~~~

14 hours and four blood bags later, they finally reach a secluded area in...Texas?

"This can't be right; why would an all-powerful Vampire choose to hide out in a cabin in Texas?" Youngbae asks incredulously as he takes in the surroundings. “There's nothing here but trees and dirt.” He adds with a sniff of indignation

"Well maybe an all-powerful Vampire would stay here because I like Texas. Any more questions? Wait, don't answer that; I know you have more questions. Anyone want tea?" Hyun-Suk asks them peeking out from behind the small cabin at the group of young Vampires. They all stand startled at his sudden entrance into the conversation and he sighs long and suffering. "Are you guys gonna come in or are we just gonna stand around out here in the Texas heat?" He asks the group and the all nod and silently follow him into the house. Now, from the outside, the cabin looks like it has maybe two rooms inside of it, but once you step inside –

"Whoa, you really know how to maximize space." Jiyong blurts out as he stares at the expanse of the well furnished house that looks more like a mansion with it's high ceiling and spiraling staircase.

"I'm a Vampire, do you really think I'd live in a tiny little cabin without adding a little something to it?" Hyun-Suk asks Jiyong with a twinkle and Jiyong snorts.

"Well you do have a point." Jiyong says as he takes a seat at Hyun-Suk's large dining table.

"So, even though I know what you want to ask, I'll humor you and let you guys to ask me anyway, so go ahead, ask me." Hyun-Suk says as he sips on his tea and the others sit down.

"Why are we getting these visions?" Everyone asks simultaneously as if they rehearsed it. Hyun-Suk sips more of his tea and looks into the cup thoughtfully with pursed lips for a few minutes.

"While I would love to just straight up tell you what exactly these visions mean, I'm afraid that I can't just yet. You guys have to search on your own to find the answers you seek." Hyun-Suk says actually looking remorseful with a small shrug.

"Then you are no help to us at all are you?" Dongwook says it more as an angry statement than a question as he stands from the table abruptly. Hyun-Suk looks unfazed at his outburst.

"Actually I can –"

"It doesn't matter anyway you are useless to us!" Dongwook says with a scoff and a shake of his head.

"Hold your tongue when speaking to your elders boy. You are nothing but a mere fledgling to me and you should be thankful to even be in my presence." Hyun-Suk says to Dongwook, his eyes darkening and voice booming a lot more than it was previously showing his anger. "Now, if there are no more interruptions," Hyun-Suk looks at Dongwook who is still standing defiantly with a raised brow "I will tell you how I can help you come to the answers that you seek." Hyun-Suk says to the group and walks out of the room for a second while everyone sits silently in a palpable tension. When he does return mere seconds later, he holds in his hand twelve envelopes of different sizes addressed to the others in the room. "Now, I would usually try to talk you all into splitting up and using the tools in these envelopes to help you on your journey, but I can tell that the seer-set one is going to object, so you guys are just gonna have to take longer to search out your answers together." Hyun-Suk hands them all their envelopes and instructs them to open them with a wave of his hand. The contents in each one don't really help make anything clearer but Hyun-Suk seems pleased if the satisfied smirk on his face is anything to go by.

"What exactly are we supposed to do with these?" Jiyong asks holding up a rusted heart locket and inspecting it wearily.

"These are the keys to unlocking your past. Now, I will not lie, you all had awful pasts, but the only way to truly figure out what these visions mean is to uncover the pain locked deep within you." Hyun-Suk explains to them as they all examine their so called 'key's' in the envelopes.

"But I don't know French, so how is this going to help me at all?" Chaerin asks him confused and he smiles at her.

"How did you know that was French if you can't read or speak French?" Hyun-Suk asks and Chaerin shrugs looking over the note again as little words and phrases become clear to her.

"Chosen...to rule...all of....your own good?" Chaerin reads out loud and looks at Dara who looks equally confused at the thing that was in her envelope. She twists the blood stained cloth in her hands a few times and tries to figure out why it seems so...familiar to her.

"A bullet with an inscription? What does that even mean?" Seunghyun asks trying to make out the inscription that is wrapped around the entire bullet. He tries to read it, but the words are all English so he can't make heads or tails of it.

"So let me get this straight; a blood stained cloth, a bullet with English inscriptions on it, a letter written in French, a rusted heart chain, an empty vial, a bent nail, a smudged up drawing, a picture of some sergeant, a picture of on old Sergeant, a post card from Afghanistan, an unmarked pill bottle, and a small discolored teddy bear are the keys to finding out what is causing us to get these visions?" Dongwook asks pointing to Dara, Seunghyun, Chaerin, Jiyong, himself, Youngbae, Seungri, Daesung, Minzy, Bom, Lydia, and Ailee respectively while looking skeptically at Hyun-Suk who is still sipping away at his tea nonchalantly.

"That's exactly what I'm saying." Hyun-Suk says calmly and Dongwook sighs and rubs his temples. "Well, shouldn't you be going? Not that I'm trying to rush you off or anything, but I'd love to get back to my book." Hyun-Suk says and before they can even answer, he begins to read wherever he left off in his book. Dongwook looks hopelessly at the others and Youngbae shrugs.

"We might as well get going if we're gonna figure this out anytime soon." Youngbae automatically takes over the role of leader and the others follow him out the door to begin their journey to find out about the past they'd forgotten with very little help from these very unhelpful pieces of a puzzle.

~~~

Hope you guys enjoyed, and if anything at all is bothering you, please feel free to let me know. Feedback is always appreciated. That you so much for reading lovelies!! <3