Part 1: It Can't Be Love [EDITED]

Blood Lust

Chapter 1

Word Count: 9,046.  9,649

Warning(s): Over use of the word 'idiot' and couples being couple-y

Seunghyun could never explain it if he tried; that dull ache that he got when he was trapped in his own thoughts and dreams. The flutter of his heart when he dreamed of a face unknown. He’d never been able to explain it, so he just stopped trying, much to the dismay of his friends Daesung and Youngbae, but he just didn’t know how to describe it. The feeling was something like ecstasy, and it was better than anything he’d ever felt before, but he wouldn’t dare tell Daesung or Youngbae that, he’d just suffer in silence. And suffer he did as he watched a random, slightly offensive, Vampire movie and listened to Daesung and Youngbae bicker like they usually did.

Seunghyun tries to ignore them and watch the T.V. but they are insufferably cute and very loud with their ‘arguing’.

Bae, come on you know how I feel about PDA in front of Seunghyunnie.” Daesung says sounding like he is giggling (It's a manly giggle, but it's still a giggle).

Come on Dae, we’ve all been friends for over a hundred years and we’ve been a couple for over seventy-five of those years, he should be used to it by now.” Youngbae says nipping at the juncture between Daesung’s ear and neck making the other laugh.

You know I’m right here, like right beside you.” Seunghyun says as he looks over at his annoyingly cute best friends. He makes a gagging noise when the two kiss as overly affectionate as they possibly can.

We know, and your point is?” Youngbae asks looking up at him from behind Daesung who is currently sitting on his lap.

My point is you guys are disgustingly cute and I was trying to watch TV. That’s what my point is.” Seunghyun says, trying to sound annoyed but failing miserably.

Fine, fine, you cry-baby we’ll let you get back to your stupid little movie.” Seunghyun nods satisfactorily and goes back to watching said stupid movie that they're watching. It’s some ‘80’s Dracula movie and Seunghyun can’t help but resent the way that humans portrayed he and his kind. They weren’t always douche bags that killed everyone and only cared about I vant to your blood!1!1!11!” Ironically, he starts to feel slightly weak half way through the movie and remembers that he hasn’t fed all night, so he decides to try and get Youngbae and Daesung’s attention because he is starving and, quite frankly, tired of being cooped up with love birds when he is still single as ever and slightly bitter about it.

Ok utterly disgusting duo, we need to feed, so either you guys come with me, or I go alone.” Youngbae and Daesung get up from the chair reluctantly and follow Seunghyun out the door. Seunghyun is always the lead of the pack when the three go hunting because of his power; he is a seeker-set and he can always find exactly what, or who, he is looking for.

They run out into the woods surrounding their home and Seunghyun stops them by a big tree and closes his eyes to focus on the sounds of nature and try to find their prey. He senses a big ten point buck close by surrounded by about three other smaller bucks. He nods to Youngbae and, ever so quietly, follows the bucks’ scent and in the darkness, he spots it; the deer he’d sensed a second ago. He nods over to Youngbae and Daesung and they nod right back in silent understanding. They wait for a second then attack simultaneously catching the bucks almost instantly. They all make sure to bite the bucks and kill them instantly to make sure that they don’t suffer; they may be undead, but they do still have morals.

They drink their fill and Seunghyun feels energized and ready to wander aimlessly around town, like he usually does, but then he feels something in his chest; he feels that rush of excitement and fear and ecstasy that he feels in his dreams, but he also feels a pang of agony course through him, and the last thing he sees before he blacks out is a blurry figure standing over him and looking at him with worry in her eyes.

~~

When Seunghyun wakes up, he is in an unfamiliar place, but he can still sense that Youngbae and Daesung have been there. He tries to sit up but is immediately pushed back down gently but firmly.

Don’t move.” The very feminine voice comes from right above him and he opens his eyes a crack to see a girl with big brown eyes staring down at him.

Um, who are you?” He asks slightly confused as he looks around, “and where am I?”

Well, my name is Park Bom and you’re in my house,” She says smiling at him, “Tea?”

Uh, no thanks. Where are my, uh, friends?” He asks not sure if she was human, nor if he should be on the defensive or if he should just relax. Ah the perks of being a Vampire.

They’re hunting for more blood for you obviously. Me and my friends were hunting when you collapsed so we brought you back here and I healed you.” She says cheerily with a cute smile that overtakes all of her facial features and makes her look like an adorable doll. Seunghyun stares at her for a minute, taken aback by her sheer beauty, and is about to ask a question when he hears loud chattering and looks toward the door. In walk Youngbae and Daesung with three girls whom he’s never seen before. He turns to Bom, still unnoticed, and whispers “Who are they?” She looks up confusedly for a moment then remembers that they haven’t been properly introduced to each other.

The blonde one by your friend Youngbae, her name is Sandara Park, just call her Dara, the black haired one is Chaerin, Dara’s girlfriend, and the one on the other side of Daesung is my girlfriend Minzy.” Seunghyun doesn’t fail to notice the way that she smiles when she says Minzy’s name. Daesung looks over at them and smiles widely before he saunters over to Seunghyun's bedside.

Seunghyunnie you’re awake! You’ve been out for almost three days, we thought we’d lost ya!” Daesung says, louder than necessary if Seunghyun's being honest, grabbing him and squeezing him tightly.

Three days?” Seunghyun asks shocked that he’d been out for that long.

Yeah, three whole days, but don’t worry; Bom here stayed by your side the entire time.” Youngbae says smiling at Bom. Minzy bounds over to her and hugs her with a pout.

I missed you so much babe!” She says and wraps her arms around Bom to give her a chaste peck on his lips.

You’ve only been gone an hour babe, you couldn’t have missed me that much.” Bom says and pulls her closer to herself and Minzy giggles and snuggles into her side. They start whispering amongst themselves and Seunghyun looks around to see all of the respective couples cuddling and acting couple-y, and even though he is repulsed by it in the cutest way possible, he thinks it is sweet and he really wants it for himself, but he knows he’ll never be lucky enough to find a mate worth keeping. Or so he thinks…

~~

Seunghyun laughs as Minzy tries to guess what Bom is acting out during charades. They’d moved into the boys’ mansion about a month ago, and Seunghyun couldn’t help but think about how much fun they’d been having since. Sure they were extremely affectionate (to each other and to the boys), and usually Seunghyun didn’t do affection, but he’d make an exception for them because they’re so darn cute when they pout. He laughs as Bom flops around on the floor and looks over at Dara to see if she was sharing in the laughter. What he finds, however, is not what he had expected; he notices that there is a flame, a literal flame, in her eyes. He knows that Dara has a different power than any others he's ever heard of, he just doesn’t know what it was, but he guesses he is about to find out.

Guys, uh, what’s wrong with Dara?” Daesung asks noticing her eyes too. Chaerin looks giddy and bounds over to him.

Nothing silly, she’s just messing around with her powers.” She tells him smiling proudly at her girlfriend. Dara then cups her hands together and everyone watches in amazement as she makes a rose…out of fire!

Um..wha-what is- I don’t- uh.” Seunghyun says intelligently and feeling utterly confused.

I’m an arson-set Vampire.” Dara explains to his not-quite-asked question and there is still flame in her eyes. Youngbae starts paying the utmost attention at her uttered words.

What?” He asks looking almost emotionless but sounding alarmed as he looks into her eyes. Dara notices and her normal eye color returns as she looked confused and, quite frankly, a little sad.

Is that bad?” She asks unsure and sounding like she is on the verge of tears. Youngbae sees this and goes over and hugs her immediately.

No babe it isn’t bad it’s just… I didn’t think there were anymore flamers around.” Youngbae says to amend the situation and pulls back from her, still keeping an arm around her with a small smile. She lays her head on his shoulder and nods in understanding while the others look on attentively.

Flamers?” Daesung asks looking confused and slightly jealous at the attention that she is getting from his boyfriend.

Yeah, that’s what they used to be called when I was – shut up I know I’m old!” Youngbae says with a smile when Seunghyun snickers like the mature adult that he is. “Anyway, they used to be called flamers, but I thought that they all died out.” Youngbae explains, still looking confused.

Well kind of. Because I’m a mix of different species, I’m a rare breed of arson Vampire. My emotions control my power, not my thoughts. Depending on the emotions I'm feeling, the flame turns a different color.” She says as the flame in her eyes turns blue and she makes a blue heart and offers it to Chaerin who giggles madly and accepts it gingerly to make sure it doesn't burn out too fast. Chaerin holds the heart and everyone watches on in amazement as Dara makes different things out of different colored fire.

As you can see I’ve learned to control it… Well almost anyway.” She says shrugging nonchalantly, as if producing fire out of thin air is a totally normal thing to do.

What do you mean?” Seunghyun asks, his voice sounding rough and amazed as he concentrates on the movements of her hands and the fire in her palm.

Well… When I get mad or upset –” Dara says.

Her eyes turn gray –” Bom says.

And gray is definitely not a color you want to see –” Minzy says.

Because gray means lots and lots and lots of fire –” Chaerin says.

Which also means –” Dara says.

She can’t control that fire.” Chaerin finishes. The boys look at them then at each other, then smirk because they are all thinking the same crazy thing.

We want to see the fire.” They say simultaneously because well, why not?

The girls smile and roll their eyes. Men are always going to be men, even if they are undead.

Well come on then.” Dara says, leading the way back to their old home- or what was left of it at least. Youngbae goes on the alert immediately but Bom touches his shoulder gently.

It’s alright Bae, this is where we come to practice our powers now that we have a new home. It also makes it easier for us not to be tracked.” Youngbae looks at them then shakes his head and laughs because he really should have known that they do this sort of thing by now.

Good point. Alright, now show us what you got blondie.” He says smiling teasingly at Dara who glares at him playfully.

Alright Daesunggie, I’m gonna need your help for this. I need you to control my emotions. Make me as mad as you can.” Dara tells him with a smile. Daesung nods then focuses; since all Daesung has to do is look at Dara to control her anger, it doesn’t take long for her eyes to have a gray flame in them. She focuses all of her attention on the house and gray flames shoot from her hands, burning the house to a crisp within seconds. Silence. Dara turns around smiling at the others as Daesung retracts his emotional pull and they just stare at her in amazement.

Well, what do you guys think?” She asks biting into her bottom lip nervously.

Oh my God Dara that was –” Seunghyun starts not knowing how to finish the sentence.

Amazing!” Daesung says for him sounding breathless.

Breath taking.” Seunghyun says finally still staring at her astonished.

Terrifyingly beautiful,” Youngbae says with a smile on his face. “You don’t have complete control over your power though, do you?” He asks staring at her hands intently.

No, how’d you know?” She questions curiously tilting her head.

Because that isn’t as strong as you can get. Your hands aren’t the only place that fire can come from, and if you had complete control over your powers, you could control how strong your fire was without even having to feel a certain emotion.” Youngbae points out matter-of-factly. Everyone stares at him with varying degrees of question written on their faces.

I did a little research on your power.” Youngbae says blushing and looking down at his hands. The girls laugh almost manically, then send him an endearing look as he continues to blush.

Alright, Bom, how about you show us what you can do with your healing powers?” Seunghyun challenges with a smirk because he's an . She flips him off smiling then looks around to see what she can demonstrate her own powers on.

Well, with some help from you two seekers, I can show you guys. I need a dead or injured animal.” She says looking at Minzy and Seunghyun who smile at each other.

Bet I can get a bigger animal than you!” Minzy says sticking her tongue out at him.

Doubt it! Race ya!” Seunghyun says and starts running almost immediately.

Hey no fair!” Minzy yells laughing and running after him. In a matter of seconds, they are both back with dead animals; Seunghyun with a bear and Minzy with a buck.

Told you that you couldn’t get an animal bigger than mine.” Seunghyun says smiling satisfactorily. Bom smiles at the two fondly.

Seunghyunnie’s animal is bigger, but the point goes to Minzy.”

What, why?” Seunghyun asks then realizes, maybe just a little too late, why Minzy won. “Well that’s just unfair.” Minzy sticks her tongue out at Seunghyun and kisses Bom on the cheek.

Go ahead babe, show them how great you are.” She encourages Bom and Bom takes a deep breath then focuses all of her energy on the two animals. Her eyes light up significantly brighter and the two animals are lifted into the air.

Get ready guys, since they’re wild animals they’re probably going to try to attack us, just don’t hurt them.” Bom says, and the animals are surrounded by colorful swirls of light. Seunghyun notices that both animals start breathing as soon as Bom’s eyes darken to their natural color again. Both of the animals, who were lying on their backs, turn over and face them. The bear looks like it is angry (and wouldn't you if some random person killed you then brought you back to life?) and starts lunging at them. Youngbae and Seunghyun stand in front of the others, and just as the bear is about to attack them, it just… stops. Seunghyun looks around and sees a figure in the shadows. The bear and the buck follow the figure silently and Seunghyun is left confused. He’s never seen anything like it, but now that he has, he really wants to know what kind of being could control animals.

What was that?” Chaerin asks sounding like she is shaking.

Whatever it was, it wasn’t human.” Youngbae says almost solemnly at all the prospects of what this unknown newcomer could be.

~~

Seunghyun awakes with the need to feed. He sniffs for Youngbae, Daesung, or the girls but can’t detect them anywhere in the area. He’d had a restless sleep again because he can’t stop thinking about the figure that they’d seen in the shadows the week before. He doesn’t know why, but that is the only thing on his mind, and has been since the moment it happened. He gets up out of the bed and sees that the sun is about to go down. He usually won’t go out until it is close to midnight, but he needs to feed or he’ll experience an extreme pain coursing through his body. He starts feeling the dull ache, which is a tell-tale sign that if he doesn’t feed in the next half hour he’ll be struck with the pain until someone else force feeds him blood. He gets up and throws on some clothes, then heads out the door. He catches the scent of Youngbae and Daesung and rolls his eyes because obviously they would be together. Then he smells something else; The Shirai Ryu clan. He runs towards the scent and stops short of Youngbae, growling with his fangs extended.

“…this is our territory Onew and you know it!” Youngbae growls out lowly.

We need to feed –” Onew starts desperately.

I don’t care! You signed the treaty, you stay on your side we stay on ours.”

Just hear me out, ok?” Onew says trying to stay calm but Seunghyun can tell by the tick in his jaw that he's frustrated. Youngbae is about to say no, obviously, but Daesung grabs his arm and looks at him, the two exchanging silent words, and Youngbae nods at Onew telling him to go on.

Someone, some new person or clan, is taking over our territory. I don’t know who it is, but they’ve basically wiped out all of the animals on our side.” Onew and the Shirai Ryu were the vegetarian sort of Vampires. They refused to feed off of humans, whether they killed them or not, it was just their way of life. Seunghyun and his clan, the Lin Kuei were carnivores of sorts; they mainly ate animals, but when animals were scarce, they fed off of humans without killing them.

And we should help you because?” Youngbae asks, sounding close to giving in. Seunghyun shoots a look his way, trying to tell him not to help these scum. Seunghyun hates the Shirai Ryu because they were the ones who did this to him. They killed his family and mistakenly made him a Vampire. Sure he loved his undead life, but he missed his mother and sister, and he’d never forgive these trash or their ruler...

We have to help them Seunghyunnie, they are Vampires too, you know?” Youngbae speaks but not out loud. Youngbae is a mindset Vampire: he can read thoughts and talk through mind power and do many other amazing things with his mind.

But Bae –

I’m sorry Seunghyunnie, but we have to.” Youngbae says sounding sympathetic even in his mind.

Fine, but on one condition.” Youngbae says out loud to Onew.

And that is?” Onew asks looking hopeful.

You can feed here as long as none of us see you here. If you come too close to one of our kind, we force you back to your own territory.”

Oh, thank you Youngbae.” Onew says.

Don’t thank me just yet. You have to find the girls and explain to them why you’re here, and if they hurt you, it isn’t our fault.” Youngbae smirks, then signals for the Daesung and Seunghyun to follow him as he walks away. Seunghyun growls at the other clan one last time, then turns to follow Youngbae and Daesung. He waits until he hears the others disappear for fear of tearing Onew apart if he speaks to him then turns to Youngbae.

Bae, why would you – ”

Enough Seunghyun. What they did to you was terrible, and I’m sorry, but we can’t turn down our own kind. It’s us against the world Seunghyunnie, and they needed help, so we helped them. Case closed.” Youngbae says with finality in his voice.

Fine. Whatever. I need to feed.” Seunghyun is about to start running again, but Youngbae stops him.

We go as a pack Seunghyun.” Youngbae says sternly.

Why?” Seunghyun asks bordering on annoyed.

You heard them, there’s a new clan here, and we don’t know if they’re dangerous. You could get hurt, or worse.” Youngbae says sounding scarily calm.

That’s a chance I’m willing to take.” Seunghyun says with venom in his tone. Suddenly he feels calm and relaxed. He tries to fight it, but he knows he won’t be able to.

We go as a family or not at all.” Youngbae says slowly patting him on his shoulder. Seunghyun tries to grimace but he can’t due to the emotions that he is feeling, thanks to Daesung.

The girls –” Seunghyun starts.

The girls are together so they should be safe.” Youngbae says coolly.

Come on Seunghyunnie, we need to protect you, besides you’ve been… not yourself this past week. What’s gotten into you?” Daesung asks looking like a sad puppy.

I’m sorry guys, but I don’t know… I just don’t know.” Seunghyun honestly doesn’t know, and that scares him to death. Daesung pats him on the shoulder sympathetically.

C’mon let’s go feed, I can tell you’re starving.” Daesung says and Seunghyun looks at Youngbae who still hasn’t said anything, but he is smirking at the two which is more worrying than his silence has ever been.

What are you smiling about?” Seunghyun asks confused.

I think I know what’s wrong with you. Follow me.” Youngbae says full on smiling now and that is terrifying.

~~

Youngbae leads them back home and upstairs to his and Daesung’s bedroom, which smells of fresh Seunghyun might add, and starts digging around in their drawers.

Gosh guys, is have the only thing you do in here at all?” Seunghyun asks pinching his nostrils shut to block out the scent that is just as strong on any flat surface as it is on the bed. Daesung blushes and averts his eyes and Youngbae smirks.

What can we say; we love each other!” Youngbae says still smirking. He finally grabs whatever it was that he was looking for; it's a thick, very old looking book. He flips to the desired page and reads over it quickly.

I can’t believe I didn’t see it before!” Youngbae mumbles to no one in particular. He looks up with a satisfied smirk on his face and shows the page to Daesung, who also smiles satisfactorily.

What are you two smirking at?” Seunghyun asks slightly annoyed, and pretty terrified because simultaneous smirking is never a good sign – EVER.

You’re in love!” Daesung and Youngbae say simultaneously. Seunghyun looks at them like they've just sprouted a few extra heads and maybe a third arm because what?

Excuse me?” Seunghyun asks then starts laughing hysterically because he did not hear them correctly and they should be laughing too, right? Then why when he looks over at them are they not laughing? Why are they still simultaneously smirking. “Guys, there’s no way I’m in love, for the past century and a half I’ve been with you guys nonstop, and I'm sure as hell not in love with either of you or with the girls!” Seunghyun says staring at them like they're insane, which they are if they think he's even the slightest bit in love with anyone.

Well yes, but this says that whenever a Vampire catches sight or smell of their true love, they have to be around that person nonstop, or it will… you know stuff will happen, but that’s not important, what is important is that you my friend are madly in love with some mystery man.” Youngbae says elbowing Seunghyun slightly. Seunghyun is annoyed. With who? He doesn't know, he just knows that he is, indeed, very annoyed.

Ok, so let me get this straight, you guys think I’m in love just because of my cranky moods?” He asks feeling scandalized because how dare they accuse his forever lonely self of being in love. How dare they.

Not just that, your eyes, your temperature, your stance, everything about you changed, we just don’t know when.” Daesung says. Then, as if they’ve both been hit with the same idea, they look at each other again, and smirk simultaneously again, then look back at Seunghyun, again, who squirms uncomfortably under their stares... again.

What?!” He snaps, finally unable to take the looks being thrown at him, and they just smirk even more, and Seunghyun really needs new undead friends because these have obviously lost their minds.

You remember when the girls decided to show us their powers –” Daesung cuts Youngbae off excitedly.

Well, everyone but Chaerin at least.” Seunghyun tries to think back to that day and he remembers, but he refuses to give them the satisfaction of knowing that he knows what they are talking about.

What about it?” He asks skeptically, giving himself up immediately because, even though he hates their smug little faces, he really wants to know where they're going with this.

Maybe Chaerin did show us her powers after all.” Youngbae says, and before Seunghyun can ask what he means or what crazy houses are available for Vampires, Chaerin is at his side, and how the heck did she get so fast… Oh, right, Vampires, Vampire speed, got it.

You guys called?” She says sounding only slightly out of breath and Seunghyun is pleading that the crazy people in front of the two aren't right with all of his might.

You’re a love set Vamp right?” Youngbae asks, though he already knows the answer, because he is a stupid (Seunghyun is too flustered to come up with any kind of insult better than that so yes, he is a stupid).

Yeah, why?” She asks looking slightly confused which has to be the cutest look she has ever pulled in the history of all cute faces of Chaerin.

How does your power work?” Youngbae asks because he, again, is a stupid.

Well, I can’t really control who I make fall in love, but I emit a sort of glow to the people around me, and if they see the glow, it means they’re in love, but they only see the glow whenever the person they love isn’t around, why?” Chaerin asks looking at Seunghyun even more confused than she was at the start.

Seunghyun, look at her and tell me what you see.” Youngbae says, completely ignoring her question because, again, he is a stupid. Seunghyun looks at her and, sure enough, he sees a glow around her. It is blue and it hurts his eyes and his heart, but he just can’t look away. She giggles, and Seunghyun curses her in his mind because he actually thought she was on his side.

Seunghyunnie, you’re in love!” She says and really he feels just so scandalized because she is such a traitor. He tries to disagree with the traitor and the stupids, but the evidence is piling on really quickly and he hates it when other people are right.

I… I can’t handle this right now, look, I need some time alone, ok?”

But –” Seunghyun cuts Youngbae off gently.

If anything happens, I’ll alert you guys, I just need to think all of this through, ok?” Seunghyun says, finally being able to look away from the traitor and at the stupids.

Fine, fine. You can go, but be back before too late.” Stupid Youngbae says to him looking exactly like a worried mother.

Thanks mom!” Seunghyun says sarcastically with a smile and then swiftly dodges the pillow that comes flying at his head.

~~

Seunghyun gets out into the forest and sits on a tree stump, just contemplating life. He doesn’t think he's in love, he hardly associates with anyone outside of his clan, so how could he be in love? Can't he just be in lust or have a little crush or something? Love is too complicated, so why love? He tries to ponder over these thoughts, and forgets that he hasn’t fed all day because he is an idiot, and now it is starting to affect him. He tries to stand up, but he immediately falls right back down. "Idiot." Seunghyun curses himself before everything goes black because he really is an idiot.

~~

Seunghyun wakes up in a bed that feels familiar, but strange all at the same time. He can’t sense anyone that he knows anywhere close, which scares the crap out of him, but for some reason, and also because he is still an idiot, he is relaxed and calm. He opens his eyes when he feels a presence beside him. He looks up and sees a girl with wild looking eye-liner and a pretty smile looking down at him.

Well hello there sleepy head.” She says smiling and offering him a blood package. He looks at it then looks at her quizzically because some of the idiot that was left over is kinda starting to wear off, and he feels the need to be worried about waking up in a strange woman's house in her bed or someone elses bed (again).

Don’t worry, it isn’t all human blood, there’s some animal blood in there too. I know you’re a vegetarian Vampire but human blood replenishes you faster and no we didn't drain the humans before you ask.” The girl says and s the bag at him with a smile. He takes the bag and punctures it, then greedily from it because well, even idiots get hungry. After the bag is finished, Seunghyun is still hungry, so he looks towards the girl he has deemed safe enough to trust. But if he ends up being poisoned or something, he'll say he never trusted her in the first place.

Don’t stress, Jiyong went to go get you more food and he'll be back shortly. Now you’re probably wondering who I am right? My name is Lydia Paek,” a petite girl walks into the room with them at that exact moment and smiles, “and that is my girlfriend Ailee.” Lydia smiles at the girl and they look so similar to Dara and Chaerin it is almost scary. Seunghyun hears coming from the next room and looks at the two exasperated girls in front of him with his eyebrows raised.

Sorry, that’s Seungri and Dongwook. They’re our roommates. They should be finishing up pretty soon.” The girl with the crazy eye makeup – Lydia – says to him. As if on cue, Seunghyun hears the two voices from the other room moan (quite loudly he might add) in unison and then the only sound to be heard is panting.

Well, anyways, they’ll be out in a minute, and our other roommate will be here in a little while. He just went hunting for you.” On cue, again (Seunghyun doesn't know how they time these things out perfectly, but he knows it's both creepy and endearing), a slim, slightly feminine guy walks in the door with a deer carcass over his broad shoulders, and… Is Seunghyun drooling?

Blood’s still fresh so you might wanna eat it now or –” Jiyong is cut off when he looks at Seunghyun who is still slightly drooling like an idiot. He doesn’t know why, but he knows that he feels lost in the sea of deep chocolate that are Seunghyun's eyes. Seunghyun is feeling the same as he stares at Jiyong (he should really see a doctor about all the drooling he's done in the last few minutes), and he can’t explain it, but he knows that he’s felt this way before.

Umm, guys? You ok?” Lydia asks looking at them curiously. When they don’t answer, Ailee speaks up.

Um, Lydz, let’s just leave them alone for a second, ok?” She tugs at Lydia, who reluctantly follows her out of the room, and shuts the door quietly.

Seunghyun tries to look away or say something, but he can’t, because apparently, beautiful men paralyze his already ignorant tongue and brain to the point of complete and total idiotic noises and/or faces. He doesn’t know what is wrong (absolutely nothing because he has to be looking at the most beautiful creature ever invented in the history of…well, ever), but he doesn’t have time to figure it out before he hears someone, most likely Ailee, scream and senses a very angry Youngbae because he is still an idiot and he still didn't let Youngbae know that he was alright. Idiot. Youngbae is already pretty terrifying when he just looks normal, so an angry Youngbae is NEVER something you want to see. Seunghyun has seen Youngbae this mad once before when he thought Daesung was cheating on him (which in hindsight was extremely ridiculous because when a Vampire finds a mate, they stay mates for life. Mainly because if one of them cheats on the other, they both die because their hearts go boom… like seriously go boom, they explode in their chests and yada, yada, yada) and it did not end well. Long story short, Youngbae basically devoured an entire town in about a half hour that day, and Seunghyun knows he doesn’t have much time to stop Youngbae before he starts attacking and, as much as he wants to be with Jiyong right now, he knows he has to save Lydia and Ailee. Right as Youngbae is about to attack Lydia, Seunghyun stands (well, stumbles would be more like it because he doesn't have any type of co-ordination at all) in front of her.

Youngbae, stop!” Youngbae’s eyes soften immediately once he sees Seunghyun’s face, but then the anger flares in his eyes again because how dumb can Seunghyun be?!

You’ve been gone for a week, why the didn’t you tell us?!” Youngbae (yells) says. Daesung, who hates seeing his love like this, steps forward and touches his arm, and Youngbae immediately relaxes, which Seunghyun is thankful for, because if it weren't for Daesung, he'd probably be a Vampire kabob right now.

A week?” Seunghyun looks toward Lydia, who is trying to quell Ailee’s tears and she nods and he feels absolutely miserable for causing all of this.

Yep, you were out for five days. I was out for four, I guess whatever happened to me happened to you too.” Jiyong finally speaks and Seunghyun melts at his chocolaty smooth voice that matches the chocolaty brown orbs that are staring at Seunghyun, and focus dummy, you are being yelled at.

Wait, what? You were out too?” Youngbae asks, now sounding curious instead of utterly pissed off as he focuses all of his attention on Jiyong.

Yeah, I was out in the woods trying to clear my head-“

Because me and Lydia think he’s in love with some mystery man.” Ailee cuts him off swiftly.

Which I’m not by the way, but anyway, I was trying to clear my head when I just felt this horrible, heart aching pain. I thought it was because I needed to feed, but I just couldn’t force myself too, then I collapsed.” Jiyong explains to Daesung, Youngbae, and the girls (and Seunghyun too, but Seunghyun hardly hears any words and just focuses on the luscious lips that he would really rather be kissing right now, and woah, where did that come from?).

Wait, so let me get this straight –” Dara starts, and when the heck did she get here?

You both passed out at the same time?” Chaerin asks and seriously, where the heck are they coming from? Jiyong looks between the two with an amused smirk on his face.

They’re together if you can’t tell.” Minzy says and rolls her eyes as if she is totally not like that, until, of course, Bom interjects.

Hey, don’t act like we don’t do that too nerd.” Bom says and pecks her lips and Seunghyun is both happy and jealous because his friends are disgusting and he is still sad and alone.

Whatever loser.” Minzy says against her lips with a small smile on her face. Jiyong, Lydia, and Ailee smile and Seunghyun could die staring at the perfection that is Jiyong's smile… Ok, this corniness has got to stop!

Wow, you guys are really couple-y. Where’s your mate Seunghyun?” Jiyong asks quizzically tilting his head slightly to the side in a way that Seunghyun finds endearing and that makes his heart feel like it's soaring, and again corniness needs to stop!

He doesn’t have one.” A voice says from the corner and seriously corner voice, did you have to say it like that? Seunghyun snaps his head up and sees a tall, intense looking guy standing with an arm slung over the shoulders of a slightly shorter guy. They're both sporting giant hickeys, some healed and some not, with messy hair and swollen lips so Seunghyun guesses they're the roommates that were going at it a few minutes ago in the other bedroom.

Seunghyun…and friends, this is Dongwook and Seungri.” Lydia motions to the two and they wave at him, but the shorter one, Seungri? is staring at Dongwook like he placed the stars.

Oh, these are my friends Bom, Minzy, Dara, Chaerin, Daesung, and Youngbae.” They all sit in an awkward silence as Dongwook studies Seunghyun who stares at Jiyong who is staring right back at him and the is literally palpable, and someone should really break this tension before Seunghyun tackles Jiyong. All of a sudden, Dongwook breaks the silence (thankfully because Seunghyun was about a second away from jumping Jiyong right in front of his closest friends).

You guys are in love.” Not exactly what Seunghyun wanted to hear.

Excuse me?” Seunghyun and Jiyong say simultaneously, and oh no, it's already starting. Dongwook just studies the two of them as if they are the most interesting things in the world, but then his eyes turn a few shades lighter until they're light gray and he stares off into space for a few seconds with a frown on his face and Seunghyun can't be the only one who is kinda freaked out over this. After taking a quick glance around the room, he sees that Chaerin is the only other one freaking out, and that is both comforting, and terrifying because when has he ever shared a normal moment with Chaerin?

Guys, someone’s coming, Lydia, Ailee, move behind from the door, Seunghyun stand in front of Jiyong will you? Daesung, make sure Youngbae doesn’t lose control of his temper too quickly, got it?” Dongwook says and everyone does as they are told with no hesitation (which is even scarier than sharing a moment with Chaerin for Seunghyun if he's being honest), though Seunghyun has no clue what is happening. Seunghyun wants to ask what is happening, but before he can, the door is thrown open off of its hinges (flying right where Lydia and Ailee were previously sitting) and in walks Onew and his crew and seriously? Again with these guys?

You’re the clan that’s been stealing all of our food.” Onew says and lunges at Jiyong. Seunghyun doesn’t know what has come over him, or how he does it, but suddenly a shield of some sort is around he and Jiyong and he should be terrified for the whole force field thing, not for Jiyong, but he could care less about the force field because, well, Jiyong.

Daesung, control Youngbae please!” Dongwook says as he fends off Key, Onew’s right hand man (and possible mate, but no one was actually sure of that, even though it's kinda extremely obvious if you take in their fresh scent. Gross. Why is everyone Seunghyun knows getting laid right now except him?) Daesung focuses all of his energy on Youngbae and tries to calm him down, but he is starting to become weak trying to control all of Youngbae's anger, when suddenly, Youngbae is basically subdued, but he isn’t the only person calming him down.

Thought you might need a little help.” Lydia says, smirking at him. He smiles back.

Thanks.” Seunghyun sees the little exchange, and almost smiles at the two, but he remembers that Onew is still fighting to overpower his shield, and he’s almost succeeding (the little bastard).

Daesung, Lydz, on my count, I want you to let Youngbae go ok?” Dongwook says fighting Key off with a minimum amount of effort because, well, Key is too high maintenance to try to fight that hard to be honest.

But why –” Lydia starts confused, but knowing that she should trust his judgment.

NOW!” Dongwook yells and a multitude of things happen all at once; Seunghyun’s shield is broken through, Daesung and Lydia let Youngbae feel his true anger (which is probably enough anger to make satan cry to be honest), and then there’s a bright red flame surrounding Dara, Chaerin, and some random from Onew’s clan, but the most important thing is Youngbae. Right as Onew is about to plow through an extremely weak Seunghyun, he’s lifted high into the air and dropped immediately in the most painful way, then he and all of his cronies are levitating dangerously in the air.

We had an agreement, and you violated that agreement. Now you starve!” Youngbae said, his voice sounding deep and terrifying. Onew and the rest of his clan are thrown out of the house.

If I see you again, I won’t be so nice.” Youngbae says with malice in his voice. He growls at Onew one last time before Onew disappears, then re-hinges the door. He turns around to face the others who are staring at him with mixed expressions.

What?” He asks nonchalantly smirking and the others burst out laughing.

Now,” Dongwook says, “back to the matter at hand, you two are in love!” He says to Seunghyun and Jiyong, and they just gape at him, unable to say anything in response as the others smirk at them satisfactorily.

Guys, we aren’t in love, we just met!” Seunghyun says exasperated. Jiyong nods and Seunghyun notices that he looks a bit like a puppy.

Seunghyun, Jiyong, can I tell you guys a story?” Youngbae asks and looks at Daesung asking for permission.

Sure. Whatever.” Seunghyun says knowing that his permission was really just a formality because Youngbae was gonna tell him anyway.

When me and Daesung first met, about ten or twenty years before we met you Seunghyunnie, I went through the same thing you’re going through. You know why you both fainted a few days ago?” Youngbae asks looking back and forth between the two of them.

No.” They say simultaneously and it has begun!

Aww, look Wook, their already starting to complete each other’s sentences.” Seungri says smirking at Jiyong who gives him a not so polite hand gesture and turns his attention back to Youngbae.

Well, Seunghyun hadn’t eaten all day which caused him to pass out cause he’s a dumb , but you Jiyong, the reason you passed out was because Seunghyun passed out.” Youngbae explains slowly because it's a touchy subject.

I’m not following.” Jiyong says looking like a confused puppy (Seunghyun really wanted to kiss that confused look off of his face, or maybe he just wants to kiss Jiyong, he isn't sure which).

You guys are connected in so many ways, it’s almost terrifying.” Youngbae says as if it’s the most normal thing in the world, which it obviously wasn't, but neither was being a Vampire so…he can't really say much about anything being 'normal'.

Yeah. The reason that Jiyong was perfectly fine and then collapsed was because Seunghyun wasn’t.” Daesung says, and he should really get new friends who aren't know-it-alls (he's taking applications if anyone wants to fill in for his other friends).

Which means?” Seunghyun asks slightly irritated with the people surrounding he and Jiyong because they really are the jerkiest of the jerky.

When you feel pain, he feels pain idiot.” Youngbae says and that is probably the seventy-fifth time he's been called an idiot this month (by himself and others), so he isn't even offended by it anymore.

So it’s like a twin telepathy thing right?” Seunghyun asks, and he can tell that Daesung is calming Youngbae down because he looked both irritated and happy at the same time, and how was that even possible?

No, no, you idiot –”

It means that day that you two saw each other in the woods after Bom healed those two animals sealed your fate.” Dongwook says slowly for comprehension, because obviously these two are not really getting it.

Wait, how did you know that Bom healed those animals? And how did you know that Onew was coming? I’m so confused.” Seunghyun says looking slightly pained. He doesn’t know when Jiyong left his side, but suddenly he's back beside him and handing him another container of blood that he realizes he was in desperate need of.

Jiyong, how did you know that Seunghyun needed to feed?” Dongwook asks disregarding Seunghyun’s questions because he's trying to get his point across.

I don’t know, I just – did.” Jiyong explains slowly looking (and feeling) confused and Seunghyun subconsciously puts a hand on his knee comfortingly.

I’m going to give you guys a little back story on how I know what I know, ok?” Dongwook says and Seunghyun and Jiyong nod because maybe this will make more sense right?

When I first became a Vampire, I had no idea what I was doing. I’m one of the few Vampires that was manufactured, not born or turned.” Dongwook explains to the others.

What do you mean manufactured?” Seunghyun asks the older male. Seungri looks up at Dongwook as if he was trying to tell him something, but Dongwook just kisses his forehead and continues.

My real parents were scientists of sorts. They were really into trying to prove that not all Vampires were naturally born or turned by other vampires, but I was their only test subject. They started testing on me when I was about eleven or twelve and took me out of school to home school me, just in case one of their experiments messed me up too bad. They messed up plenty of times, but with their screw ups, they also did some good. They made me a seer. Unintentionally of course, but they did. They weren’t sure how they made me a seer, but they did. I was about 30 when I ‘died’. An experiment had gone horribly wrong in their makeshift lab and it blew up the whole house. They died on impact of course, and everyone thought I was dead but I wasn’t. They buried me and my parents, but a few days later, I woke up. Instead of dying, like everyone thought I had, I actually fell into a sort of hibernation while my body transformed itself. I had to dig myself out of the grave, but eventually I got out. I went to my parents’ old house, and I found a letter; it was to me from my father and it said

Dear Wooky,

I know you’re probably confused right now, but don’t be. We knew this experiment was risky, and if you find this, it means we died and you didn’t. There’s a reason you didn’t die Wooky, you just have to find him.

I didn’t know what he was talking about, but I knew he was right. I tried to search for what he told me I needed to find, but I didn’t know what or who to search for, so I just stopped searching. Instead of feeling at ease when I stopped searching, I fell into a deep depression, then the nightmares started. Or at least what I thought were nightmares. They slowly started to eat me alive, and I just couldn’t take it anymore. I left my home town and traveled all over the world, just to run away from everything I was feeling. I ran for fifteen years, until I finally found a reason to stop. That was when I ran across Seungri in a small Italian town. I didn’t know it then, but he was what I was searching for. I tried to forget about him, tried not to care about him. I even tried to leave, but something would always pull me back to him. He was also trying to escape a terrible past. No matter how hard we tried, we just couldn’t escape each other. Finally, one day we were both hunting and somehow we spotted the same buck. Long story short, we ran into each other… literally. Finally we started talking and I found out that he was a newborn Vampire. I decided to show him the ropes, but he hardly needed my help, he knew more than I did. Eventually we fell in love, and the rest is history.” Dongwook says smiling down at Seungri who hasn't stopped wearing his own megawatt smile since the story first started.

So that amazingly sappy love story has what to do with me and Seunghyun?” Jiyong asks smiling at his two best friends but still not sure what this has to do with he and Seunghyun. There was a collective groan in the room that was quite unnecessary if you ask Jiyong, and the two frowned at their so-called friends.

You idiots, you two need each other! Literally! You’re soul-less soul mates.” Seungri says smiling at them because awww, they're so dumb and cute together.

But we don’t even know each other!” They say in unison (wow, they really need to stop doing that).

Then get to know each other! Seunghyun go home and get dressed up, you two are going on a date!” Lydia says as she pulls Jiyong into his room.

Thanks for giving us a say in this guys!” Seunghyun said sarcastically to hide his excitement because wow, a date with Jiyong.

You’re welcome, now go get dressed. Girls, please help him look presentable for this date, ok?” Dongwook says smiling widely at them as he shoos Seunghyun out of the house and the girls give him a salute.

Hey! I can dress myself you know?” Seunghyun says because he should at least try to defend his honor.

Sure you can, just not tonight. Now go get ready for your date, oh and Jiyong likes roses and water lilies, so you’d better have some with you when you come back, ok? Ok. Bye now.” Dongwook says and Seunghyun reluctantly follows the girls home to go change, and when did his life turn into this?!

~~

After lots of poking and prodding, Seunghyun is finally dressed and ready to go on his date. And he is… well, it’s not like he's nervous or anything. He is a Vampire, Vampires don’t get nervous… well at least that’s what he's telling himself. Truth be told, he was way more nervous than he thought he would be. He didn’t know what it was about Jiyong, but he knew there was something… special about him. He’d truly and honestly never felt this way before, and just that thought alone scared him, but he’d research it later, right now, he had a date to attend.

He swats the girls hands away and breaks free from the stronghold they have on him.

Ok, Ok, Ok! I’m ready guys I haven’t even got –“

Flowers are already cut and ready for you to give to Jiyong.” Dara says adjusting his tie for the fifteen hundredth time because she really wants this date to go well because Seunghyun definitely deserves to be happy.

What about –” Seunghyun starts.

Called for reservations for Choi.” Youngbae says looking amused at the slight abuse that Seunghyun is dealing with because that's what friends are for right?

And the –” Seunghyun starts again, only to be cut off again.

I got a friend who knows someone who works for a limo company and he said they’ll drive you guys there free. And they should be here in –” Chaerin is cut off by a car horn honking.

Now!” Bom and Minzy say simultaneously and Seunghyun pretends to barf at the way they look at each other. Seunghyun hated all the abuse they had put him through for the past hour and a half, but he has to admit he loves these girls. After saying his goodbyes, he walks out to the limo that is in front of the house. He isn’t stupid, he knows this person is a Vampire, but he didn’t know Vampires owned limo services.

Hello lovely, the names Bora, and I’m gonna drive you and your boyfriend around today.” Bora says, and Seunghyun almost disagrees with the whole “boyfriend” statement (even though he doesn't want to), but Bora just shakes her head at him, “Chaerin told me you’d deny the term boyfriend, but I don’t wanna hear it. Now you might wanna hold on to something, this car is…fast.” Bora says with a mischievous smile on her face. Seunghyun didn’t know that Vampires owned limo services, but he also didn’t know that Vampire limos had Vampire speed… It's like he’d been under a rock for a century… Oh wait, he kinda has hadn't he?

Within a few seconds, Seunghyun is at Jiyongs’ house and being pushed out of the car by Bora, who is still in the front seat (he doesn’t know how she is doing it, but he decides not to question it). He walks up to the door and before he can knock, the door is opened by four smiling faces, and none of them were Jiyong’s.

Let me guess, Dongwook knew that I was coming before I even got here right?” Seunghyun asks.

No, they just stared out the window until they saw you pull up.” Seunghyun hears Jiyong’s voice but he can’t see him. “Guys, move!” Jiyong says, and without saying a word, the other four partand Seunghyun finally gets to see Jiyong. He looks… beautiful. Seunghyun has never called a guy beautiful, but that is the only way he can describe what Jiyong looks like. He is wearing a tight dress shirt (extremely tight, and Seunghyun just wants to rip it off and sink his teeth into Jiyong in every sense of the word because…well… Seunghyun hasn't been laid in a while, and Jiyong is just walking ual frustration all wrapped up in a bunch of y) and very nice slacks, but the simplicity of it just drives Seunghyun mad with lust. Seunghyun, of course, doesn’t look bad either; he is wearing a full black tux with a red tie and white Nikes as a way to keep the look more… modern and casual.

Wow Seunghyun you look…” Jiyong says staring Seunghyun up and down and biting his lip (that's gonna have to stop, because if he doesn't stop, Seunghyun will just take him in front of the entire restaurant if he has to).

You look great too Jiyong! Oh, and these are for you!” Seunghyun hands Jiyong the assortment of red roses and purple water lilies and watches Jiyong’s face light up.

How did you know these were my favorite flowers?” Jiyong asks staring at the flowers and smiling sheepishly because this has to be the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for him on a first date in…ever!

I had a little help.” Seunghyun says throwing a sly wink towards the others.

You’re welcome!” Seungri not-so-discreetly whispers at him holding onto Dongwook as if he is watching his only child leave for college. Dongwook smiles at him and Lydia and Ailee squeal because awww.

Ok you two, it’s time for your date. Jiyong, I’ll take your flowers and put them in a vase, now shoo!” Dongwook says and takes the flowers from Jiyong, much to Jiyong’s dismay, and shoos the two out the door gently. The two say their goodbyes and get into the car, Seunghyun holding Jiyongs’ door open like a gentleman. He is definitely looking forward to this date!

A/N: I am now editing the chapters and I'm hopefully gonna be back a whole lot sooner this time. Sorry for the long hiatus on this story, I was stuck on the newest chapter for an entire year either because I didn't have time to think something up or because my lack of motivation and I'm so sorry, but I know my new direction, so I'm going to write a new awesome wonderful chapter for you guys who stuck around with me because you deserve it!! Of course, that'll come after I editthe first few chapters that have already been written, so stick with me and re-read all of the chapters after they've been edited! Thank you guys so much and I love you all!! Have a good morning/afternoon/evening/night lovelies!!! <3